HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
74-year-old Christopher Klomen Va. (Potomac School McLean) teacher gets 43 years for 1960s molestation
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: October 21, 2013 07:54AM

74-year-old Va. teacher gets 43 years for 1960s molestation
http://www.wtop.com/149/3485730/74-year-old-Va-teacher-gets-43-years-for-1960s-molestation

WASHINGTON -- A longtime Virginia private school teacher was sentenced to 43 years in prison on Friday after pleading guilty to child molestation charges.

Christopher Klomen, 74, is accused of molesting students he taught in the late 1960s at the Potomac School in McLean.

He pleaded guilty in Fairfax County to four counts of indecent liberties and one count of abduction with intent to defile, reports ABC7.

Klomen taught at the Potomac School from 1965 to 1994.

Police opened the case against Klomen after receiving a report from a 55-year-old woman who was a student of Kloman's at the Potomac School. She came forward after running into Kloman at the Washington Episcopal School, where he was teaching at the time.

Police say their investigation found three other alleged victims, all girls ages 12 and 14 when the alleged incidents occurred between 1968 and 1969.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 74-year-old Christopher Klomen Va. (Potomac School McLean) teacher gets 43 years for 1960s molestation
Posted by: More Info ()
Date: October 21, 2013 07:55AM

Ex-Va. school teacher gets 43 years for sex abuse
http://www.wtop.com/149/3486072/Ex-Va-school-teacher-gets-43-years-for-sex-abuse

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) -- A former teacher at a prestigious private school in northern Virginia has been sentenced to 43 years in prison for molesting five female students in the 1960s and 70s.

Local news media report that Christopher Kloman, who taught at the Potomac School in McLean, apologized to the women at his sentencing hearing Friday in Fairfax County. He said he hoped they could find some closure.

The 74-year-old Kloman was charged in November 2012 after a yearlong investigation that began when police received a tip from a former student of his.

The abuse occurred during the years that Kloman was a teacher and administrator at the elite school.

The women, who are now adults, detailed their experiences on Friday.

Kloman taught at the Potomac School from the mid-1960s until 1994.

Re: 74-year-old Christopher Klomen Va. (Potomac School McLean) teacher gets 43 years for 1960s molestation
Posted by: bXd3k ()
Date: October 21, 2013 08:45AM

Did this guy confess? How do you prosecute someone for something that happened 50 years ago?

Posted by: Explained? ()
Date: October 21, 2013 09:22AM

bXd3k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did this guy confess? How do you prosecute
> someone for something that happened 50 years ago?

Here's how...

The Neighborhood Watch! Wrote:
> Police opened the case against Klomen after
> receiving a report from a 55-year-old woman who
> was a student of Kloman's at the Potomac School.
> She came forward after running into Kloman at the
> Washington Episcopal School, where he was teaching
> at the time.
>
> Police say their investigation found three other
> alleged victims, all girls ages 12 and 14 when the
> alleged incidents occurred between 1968 and 1969.

Posted by: Robert Wise ()
Date: October 24, 2013 04:00PM

Posted by: Rodnass ()
Date: October 25, 2013 07:00PM

Things will not go well for this POS in prison.

Posted by: Skeptical ()
Date: October 26, 2013 05:30PM

Christopher Kloman, at age 74, received a life sentence for something he did almost a half century ago. In contrast, Rick Curl, in his late fifties, received a seven year sentence for a comparable crime.

I do not minimize what Kloman took from those minors entrusted to his care. However, he did not take their lives. The punishment he received was more in line with what a murderer would have gotten.

Posted by: Anonymous1245782 ()
Date: November 10, 2013 03:07AM

He raped one little girl 8 times, and molested another 4. Recently, they found another 3 victims that he allegedly abused. Its likely there are many many more. So you think this punishment is too much for a child rapist? What if he raped your daughter? There is seriously something wrong with you. For a serial child rapist and pedophile this is the least he should be getting. I know Mr. Kloman. He was my teacher. I liked him as a person. Nonetheless, what he did was horrible, and it wasn't a one time thing. He used his position as a teacher to access, rape, defile and savage little girls. This is the behavior of a monster. Regardless of how he may have changed over time or all the good things he has done, he needs to pay for his crimes. You need to seriously think about what your saying about being punished excessively, it was your daughter im sure you would think differently.

Posted by: TjKhv ()
Date: November 10, 2013 03:34AM

Anonymous1245782 Wrote:
> I know Mr.
> Kloman. He was my teacher. I liked him as a
> person.

did he rape you too?

Posted by: Anonymous1245782 ()
Date: November 10, 2013 02:52PM

TjKhv Wrote:
> Anonymous1245782 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I know Mr.
> > Kloman. He was my teacher. I liked him as a
> > person.
>
> did he rape you too?

Glad you find this funny. Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting something like that.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: November 10, 2013 03:00PM

Although I feel the punishment is just, I wonder what would be the case if this had been a female teacher that had raped a bunch of boys? I suspect the punishment would be nothing even close to what this guy got.

Posted by: long ago ()
Date: November 10, 2013 09:12PM

Is it possible that if this dude had been caught and convicted around the time of the crimes (say, early 70's) that he would have done his time and been out of jail for many, many years?

It seems that sometimes sentences were shorter back then...maybe?

Posted by: Striped Uniform ()
Date: November 10, 2013 09:47PM

Anonymous1245782 Wrote:
> He raped one little girl 8 times, and molested
> another 4. Recently, they found another 3 victims
> that he allegedly abused. Its likely there are
> many many more. So you think this punishment is
> too much for a child rapist? What if he raped your
> daughter?
There is seriously something wrong with
> you. For a serial child rapist and pedophile this
> is the least he should be getting. I know Mr.
> Kloman. He was my teacher. I liked him as a
> person. Nonetheless, what he did was horrible, and
> it wasn't a one time thing. He used his position
> as a teacher to access, rape, defile and savage
> little girls. This is the behavior of a monster.
> Regardless of how he may have changed over time or
> all the good things he has done, he needs to pay
> for his crimes. You need to seriously think about
> what your saying about being punished excessively,
> it was your daughter im sure you would think
> differently.

Plus, he'll probably have to be placed in a solitary unit in the prison. I don't think the other prisoners will take to well to a child molester.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.