HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Help With Traffic Ticket
Posted by: vivek ()
Date: October 12, 2006 10:04AM

So I got a ticket a few weeks ago but the officer wrote the wrong social security number on the ticket. Could the incorrect social security number be a loopole get out of the ticket?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help With Traffic Ticket
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 12, 2006 10:19AM

You had to sign the ticket, so you're the one who missed the mistake...you have to face it like anyone else.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: October 12, 2006 10:51AM

Well, considering he has your correct license plate number and that vehicle is registered to you, the SS# is irrelevant.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 12, 2006 10:52AM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Maybe if you don't say anything they will enter the wrong soc in the computer and it won't show up on your record. :) I think the system is keyed off soc sec #.

Date: October 12, 2006 11:27AM

Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Maybe if you don't say
> anything they will enter the wrong soc in the
> computer and it won't show up on your record. :) I
> think the system is keyed off soc sec #.

Or you can find your ass hauled into jail on a Bench Warrant the next time you get pulled over. Heh.

Pay the f-ing ticket.

Posted by: Yo ()
Date: October 12, 2006 12:06PM

stored by SS number? that would be a violation of law, like the government doesnt do that. Of course they do, anyways thats just one way it is stored, it is cross referenced with all your other info.

Posted by: FCPDrules ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:46PM

pay the ticket and slow the fuck down..... how about that....

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 12, 2006 09:48PM

I ran into a situation YEARS ago where I was in Fa-queer county on I-66 and I got busted for speeding, but the officer put 55 mph down as the speed limit when that zone was 65. I considered fighting it on the grounds that the officer didn't know the speed limit so the charge of breaking the speed limit was questionable, but due to time and travel requirements I just paid it.

In my case signing the ticket simply means I read the charge, but wouldn't have said the charge was legit. In this poster's case the SSN is only one of several ways to identify the charged person. I suppose one could argue that they weren't the one driving the car and it was an acquaintance, and here's my SSN to prove it wasn't the person in the courtroom. But the other info copied from the driver's license would probably negate that and just piss the judge off for wasting time with a bullshit defense.

Posted by: jester ()
Date: October 12, 2006 11:40PM

Just a thought, are you sure you're not mixing up the SSN for the CUSTOMER NO your drivers license?

Date: October 13, 2006 10:17AM

jester Wrote:
> Just a thought, are you sure you're not mixing up
> the SSN for the CUSTOMER NO your drivers license?

That's actually a good point. Nowadays the driver's license number usually isn't the same as the SS#. Vivek should check out his/his license number before toying with the idea of not paying the ticket.

Date: October 13, 2006 11:19AM

it's immaterial. Either this person pays the ticket in advance, or they go to court, where a judge will have the final say over the legitimacy of the ticket. He doesn't have to check anything out since it is not in his power to decide to not pay the ticket AND not go to court...

I've been in traffic court enough times to hear the judge laugh at people who try to play technicalities. But I have also been in on 1 occasion when the judge must have gotten laid in chambers or something, because he let off ALL the people who had minor offense tickets, so this person may find a trip to court will pay off.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 13, 2006 01:24PM

They'll find a way to still make you liable. They'd probably argue that the rest of of the information on the the ticket is accurate enough to properly identify you as the offender....especially if the SSN number is only a digit off or something like that. I'd just pay the ticket.

Date: October 13, 2006 01:49PM

RESton Peace Wrote:

> I've been in traffic court enough times to hear
> the judge laugh at people who try to play
> technicalities. But I have also been in on 1
> occasion when the judge must have gotten laid in
> chambers or something, because he let off ALL the
> people who had minor offense tickets, so this
> person may find a trip to court will pay off.

You must drive like shit.

Posted by: vivek ()
Date: October 13, 2006 06:29PM

The wrote down my dad's social security number since he is the registered owner of the vehicle. I called into the court and found out that everything in the system is under my name and social security number. Guess there really isnt much to do at this point but pay the damn ticket. Damn I hate useless ffx county traffic rent a cops.

Posted by: Ron ()
Date: October 13, 2006 07:24PM

vivek Wrote:
> The wrote down my dad's social security number
> since he is the registered owner of the vehicle.
> I called into the court and found out that
> everything in the system is under my name and
> social security number. Guess there really isnt
> much to do at this point but pay the damn ticket.
> Damn I hate useless ffx county traffic rent a
> cops.

Vivek,

So was this the reason you decided to continue your case? Was this the "case cracker" for you?

Look, either you obeyed the highway sign or you didn't. Stop trying to beat the system when it was you who neglected your responsibilities on the road.

Want to know why slight technicalities like this don't fly in court? It's because they have nothing to do with the merits of the case and because the judges get tired or hearing lies and convoluted "strategies" on the part of defendants and lawyers all day long, day in and day out. It's also because judges aren't stupid and drive the same roads as you do and witness the same pathetic driving behavior many in this area witness daily.

And by the way, the officer who issued you that ticket was a Fairfax County Motor officer, not a "useless traffic rent-a-cop" as you so eloquently state.

Posted by: FCPDrules ()
Date: October 13, 2006 09:01PM

yeah, ummm,

that rent a cop makes more money then you will in your life, cause you are a stupid fuck

Posted by: Vivek ()
Date: October 13, 2006 10:49PM

And I make twice as much as ur gay monkey ass will ever make, faggot.

FCPDrules Wrote:
> yeah, ummm,
>
> that rent a cop makes more money then you will in
> your life, cause you are a stupid fuck

Date: October 14, 2006 02:03AM

Fairfax MF-er, you sure are witty. I bet you're the wittiest guy that works in the sanitation department. I hope they promote you to drive one of those trucks someday. You've got too much going for you to just stand on the back, picking up people's trash all day.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 14, 2006 10:12AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Fairfax MF-er, you sure are witty. I bet you're
> the wittiest guy that works in the sanitation
> department. I hope they promote you to drive one
> of those trucks someday. You've got too much
> going for you to just stand on the back, picking
> up people's trash all day.

RESton-

I think you are wrong about Fairfax MF-er. He/she obviously knows English. I don't think there is anyone in the region making less than $10-an-hour who speaks English.

Posted by: Dixezhart ()
Date: May 31, 2012 07:07PM

I know nothing of fair fax. But, could care less for any freaken man in blue or brown. I live in the city and watch the same officers breaking the law every day!!!! Parking in fire zones, handicap parkings to get their damn donuts. And speeding without lights on!!! Hypocrites, all of'em

Posted by: u idiot ()
Date: May 31, 2012 07:54PM

hey guber, why are you responding to a 5 year old post. dumbass

Posted by: AMF year harley owner ()
Date: May 31, 2012 08:21PM

hahaha. responding to a 5 year old post. you would not happen to ride an A.M.F year harley would ya?

Posted by: dixezhart ()
Date: May 31, 2012 08:33PM

Yeah and you were stupid enough to follow it!

Posted by: u idiot ()
Date: May 31, 2012 09:13PM

i knew you would see it and respond you putz. point proven.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.