HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Granite
Posted by: granitebuyer ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:29PM

What's the best local spot to get granite in the Fairfax area? I'm looking for a place with fair prices and quality workmaship. Ideally the place would have stones on site to look at, and also do the production. I've been to a few places that only sell stones, but don't do the actual production and I feel like that runs up the pricing. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Granite
Date: May 23, 2012 01:39PM

There are several granite shops in Falls Church City right on Rte 29. They have inventory and do the cutting.

Posted by: Rockon ()
Date: May 23, 2012 09:32PM

No, using a separate fabricator does not necessarily run up the price. They purchase slabs at wholesale cost from distributors (Marble Systems and Daltile, there are plenty more)and charge you for the cutting and installation. Bottom line, a retail shop that sells slabs and cuts on site is going to charge you for the same services. They will have smaller selection but can buy from the distributors too.

Separate fabrication shops tend to do a better job. Retail shops might haggle with you, so if you are into that knock yourself out.

Anyone in business for a reasonable amount of time is competitive. Get a few quotes.

Posted by: Asdd ()
Date: May 23, 2012 11:25PM

I think I used dominion granite. Way better than any others but in ash burn. Have a 25x15 kitchen and they put a lot of work in to making the seams looked good, etc. Way worth the a bit more, looks twenty times better than many friends that had theirs done by discount places. Maybe a couple hundred more than many places, but owned by local guys that love doing it, not guys trying to hustle a business (the feeling I got from MarbleX)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.