HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Triple Homicide Springfield
Posted by: dono ()
Date: November 20, 2008 06:12AM

Sad news. Came home last night to find there was a triple homicide on my block just down the street from Ravensworth Elementary School. Search Google news 'moultrie springfield va' for updates (road name and location)

Here are the details at this moment...

http://www.wusa9.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=78577&catid=158

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Triple Homicide Springfield
Posted by: FCPDupdate ()
Date: November 20, 2008 07:46AM

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release 08/324/3321/sb (7)
November 20, 2008

Police Investigate Triple Homicide

Three men were killed after an altercation at a home in the Annandale area. Around 9:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 19, police were called to a home in the 5400 block of Moultrie Road for an injured, adult male. Officers located the man outside with multiple injures. They determined there were additional injured victims inside a home across the street. Officers made entry into that home and located the two other victims. All three were transported by ground to Inova Fairfax Hospital and died a short time later.

Homicide and Crime Scene investigators responded to the scene. This investigation is ongoing. More information will be released as it becomes available.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637) or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

MAP #: 0792 03160011

NORICO JR ARTURO PEREZ 5421 MOULTRIE RD

Owner
Name NORICO JR ARTURO PEREZ,
Mailing Address 5421 MOULTRIE RD SPRINGFIELD VA 22151

Posted by: Stuart head ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:58AM

this is sad
i knew both the Strope brothers
i use to sleep over back in middle school
and this is in annandale not springfield
i hope they find the people responsible

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:26PM

it wasnt me!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: =\ ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:39PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it wasnt me!

cmon Gravis. spare this thread just this once

Date: November 21, 2008 03:50PM

=\ Wrote:
> cmon Gravis. spare this thread just this once

file.php?2,file=3693
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:58PM

When you italicize a forward slash, it becomes a straight line. Neat-o!

But yeah, it sounds like Dommo and his BB gun were running amok recently.

Posted by: dont feed gravis hes a troll ()
Date: November 21, 2008 05:23PM

dont feed gravis hes a troll
a fat one who occupies his moms basement

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 21, 2008 06:32PM

Hispanics, they are known for killing with knives, I think the guatamalans almost always carry knives from what I have been told, based on my research.

Posted by: Stuart head ()
Date: November 21, 2008 06:39PM

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: November 21, 2008 06:53PM

Stuart head Wrote:
> this is sad
> i knew both the Strope brothers
> i use to sleep over back in middle school
> and this is in annandale not springfield
> i hope they find the people responsible

I own a rental property in that neighborhood (Ravensworth Farm) and it is in (North) Springfield...zip code 22151.

Braddock Road is the dividing line...it's Annandale on the north side of Braddock Rd. and Springfield on the south side.

Date: November 21, 2008 07:00PM

spunky Wrote:
> Hispanics, they are known for killing with knives,
> I think the guatamalans almost always carry knives
> from what I have been told, based on my research.

You may be on to something there. I read that the older Strope owned a concrete construction company and everybody knows that beaners are expert concrete workers/finishers.

The paper also said that neighbors said that workers would come by on Saturdays to be paid....maybe he tried to stiff one of them?

The cops should maybe start their search on the daylaborer strip on Little River Tpke.

Date: November 21, 2008 07:13PM

It would have been more then one, or else the ones killed could have fought their killer off. I have been told Fairmont Apts. off 236 in Annandale has alot of knife carrying guatamalans.

Plus in October you are looking at the slow down in the construction field and layoffs. That's a known fact. This could have been an issue that had been simmering for awhile and finally came to a boil. Either way it was someone stupid because they didn't get what they wanted and now won't at all, unless it was to kill them all. It was someone who wanted their money and respect and gets very little of either.

Unless, it involves something totally different all together, like drugs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 07:34PM by spunky.

Posted by: yes ()
Date: November 21, 2008 07:47PM

neighbors said they saw a vehicle speed away so hopefully they can make an arrest soon and of course that coward will rat out the others involved.

Posted by: beenjammin ()
Date: November 21, 2008 07:55PM

These guys are victims of a horrific crime. Yeah right, they probably contributed to their demise by being involved in criminal activity.

Date: November 21, 2008 08:17PM

Hey, I don't know them, do you? Everything needs to be considered, a message was being sent in the way these guys were killed.

Date: November 21, 2008 09:10PM

I have friends in the neighborhood and they all hope it was drugs or some kind of revenge thing....random murders are much more terrifying to people close to it.

I think it had to be. Home invaders would have picked one of the much nicer homes than this crash pad, IMO.

Date: November 21, 2008 11:31PM

There's a huge gang problem here in this area and it's not just young high school kids, we're talking adults, and no body wants to talk about it.

We're talking drugs, human trafficing (mostly young boys for this area), and really evil mean Hispanics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 11:35PM by spunky.

Posted by: Cheryl ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:53PM

Things like this happen. I rememeber reading about a guy that got tired of a pine trees droppings on his vehicle, so he had all the limbs cut off one side of the tree. Someone shared what she knew with the HOA. He had enough of his crazy neighbor.

Posted by: Naio ()
Date: November 22, 2008 12:05AM

I knew the brothers for around 4 years and saw Terry nearly everyday. His business was fine. I saw no signs of them not being able to pay their workers, they always made sure everyone was taken care of.

The whole thing is just sad, you see everything getting better and then bam! Everything they worked so hard for, just taken away. Wasn't their time, and it's not right, the thought of them gone is deeply saddening, but the thought of what they're family is going through right now, it's heartbreaking. They would do anything for anyone, always had open arms, always helped people and didn't ask for anything in return.

Whatever went down that night, regardless of what may have been involved, doesn't beat the fact it was heinous, and the ripple effect from this is enormous, so many people hurting right now.

May they rest in peace, shits not gonna be the same without you two.

Date: November 22, 2008 12:39AM

Does anybody that knows them know enough about their business to know if they
had some competition? Perhaps someone who use to work for them and started their own business with their help? Or someone that was expecting to get a job or huge contract that the brothers got instead?

I feel so bad for these men and their families. I hope they catch all those involved.

Posted by: strates ()
Date: November 22, 2008 01:53AM

You gonna solve this thing on your own, Spunky?

Date: November 22, 2008 02:24AM

strates Wrote:
> You gonna solve this thing on your own, Spunky?

Now whatta u think?

Can't a person think out loud, for the benefit, maybe, of those who aren't?

I have been told on more then one occasion that I am very intuitive, I have you to know.

Plus, it bothers me to see anyone hurt. Besides I happened upon the ambulance and the police car as they left that house onto Braddock Thurs. night, I knew then something bad happened I just didn't know what.

R U intuitive? Can u read people?

Posted by: splooosh ()
Date: November 22, 2008 07:38AM

yes Wrote:
> neighbors said they saw a vehicle speed away so
> hopefully they can make an arrest soon and of
> course that coward will rat out the others
> involved.

if they speak english..

Date: November 22, 2008 11:14AM

Anybody with any information should tell the tip line (listed above). WE, the neighbors want answers. This has been a terrible experience. How do you explain this one to the kids?

Posted by: uh ()
Date: November 22, 2008 04:31PM

dono Wrote:
> Anybody with any information should tell the tip
> line (listed above). WE, the neighbors want
> answers. This has been a terrible experience.
> How do you explain this one to the kids?

Same way they're gonna have to explain it to terry's daughter.

Posted by: sad to see a friend go ()
Date: November 24, 2008 03:47PM

so i think the latest news is a white toyota with Maryland plates.

Date: November 24, 2008 06:15PM

DRUGS!

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: November 29, 2008 12:07AM

yummy!

Posted by: Lueruil ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:28PM

The cops know a lot more than what has been revealed in any article I've read or news clip I've seen. A number of articles have stated that specifically. If you are close to the family then you already know what is going on.

Posted by: +1 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 09:53AM

Springfield Neighbors Shaken by Triple Stabbing
Nerves Still Frayed After Police Meeting

By Derek Kravitz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, November 24, 2008; B04

Less than a week after three men were stabbed to death in their home in the Springfield area, the police tape and crime-scene investigators are gone. The curtains in the front window are drawn. Beer kegs, old furniture and garbage are piled in the carport.

But all eyes are still on the empty brick house on Moultrie Road as neighbors harbor lingering questions about the unsolved case.

Did someone break into the home? Did the men try to fight off their attackers? Will another home be targeted?

Residents of this largely middle-class Fairfax County community said they are worried that whoever killed three of their neighbors Wednesday night might strike again. More than 100 people packed into nearby Ravensworth Elementary School's tiny cafeteria yesterday to listen to police and neighborhood leaders try to calm fears, telling residents the slayings were an isolated incident.

"I know some people are shaken and concerned," said Supervisor Sharon S. Bulova (D-Braddock). "But this is an extremely unusual event."

Investigators have fielded 20 leads and are focusing on a potential motive, but they are not publicizing it for fear of jeopardizing the case, said Maj. Shawn Barrett, commander of the Fairfax police criminal investigations bureau. Investigators reiterated that they do not consider the killings to be a random act.

"With that in mind, you and the community can rest easy," Barrett told the crowd.

Still, many residents left the 90-minute meeting with unanswered questions.

"We grew up here for 40 years. We never locked our doors. We left our keys in our cars," said Brent Reynolds, a film distributor and president of the Ravensworth Farm Civic Association. "In 40 years, we had one bike stolen. It's a very safe community."

Reynolds said the civic association's e-mail list, once reserved for notices about lost pets and traffic congestion plaguing Ravensworth Farm's 850 homes, is now the place to go for news about the triple homicide.

Residents along Moultrie Road, just south of Braddock Road, can not recall a single homicide in the neighborhood in the past 40 years. "I've seen things change, and things aren't changing for the better," said Nonie Gay Jones, 59. "I understand change. I don't understand crime."

The brothers who lived in the brick rambler, Terence J. Strope, 38, and Ryan C. Strope, 26, liked to throw the occasional party, neighbors said. But the sons of a retired Arlington County police officer were polite and easygoing and fit in well with the diverse community of aging retirees and young families.

"We don't know if it was a family thing or what," said Bob McKinney, 47. "No one really knows what happened."

Less is known about Andres Yelicie, 26, whom police say rented a room from the Stropes. Christina Norico, 41, the neighbor who found Yelicie late Wednesday after he collapsed on her front stoop, said she could "tell they were targeted just based on their injuries."

"I know they're not coming after me," Norico said. "It's more just dealing with the images of a young man bleeding to death on my front steps."

Police have been guarded with details. The men were attacked in their home about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday, but it is unclear whether someone broke in and how many assailants there were.

The men did not stab one another, and the attack does not appear to be gang-related, police said.

Police are asking that neighbors report any suspicious activity and forward any information they have about the victims' friends, associates and routines.

Most of all, police are urging calm.

"I empathize with people," Barrett said. "Talking about what happened is cathartic, in a way. But there are no other targets here. There was a motive for this crime, and we will find who did it and bring them to justice."

That did little to assuage lingering fears.

"I'm definitely locking my doors now," said Tea Aung, 45.

View all comments that have been posted about this article.

Date: December 04, 2008 10:15AM

I dont mind the mystery as long as they catch the animals that did this. I live close and will need to know what happened but I need the scum that did it behind bars for life.

Posted by: poster ()
Date: December 04, 2008 12:31PM

im assuming it was a korean and over drugs. they broke in thinking there was something there, they didnt find it and resorted to murder.

and why are you posting news articles that are over a week old. we only deal with breaking news here
rookie

Date: December 04, 2008 01:42PM

poster Wrote:
> im assuming it was a korean and over drugs. they
> broke in thinking there was something there, they
> didnt find it and resorted to murder.
>
> and why are you posting news articles that are
> over a week old. we only deal with breaking news
> here
> rookie

Why the assumptions? just curious

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 04, 2008 02:11PM

Because he's a troll. Aside from one notable exception all of my encounters with Koreans in NoVA have been totally cool and peaceful.

Posted by: joo dono? ()
Date: December 04, 2008 03:18PM

pgens Wrote:
> Because he's a troll. Aside from one notable
> exception all of my encounters with Koreans in
> NoVA have been totally cool and peaceful.

word on the street son

Posted by: . ()
Date: December 13, 2008 02:23PM

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2008/121208crimesolversseekssuspectsintriplehomicide.htm

FAIRFAX COUNTY CRIME SOLVERS
News Release
Case # 1259
Release Date: December 12, 2008

Crime Solvers Seeks Suspects in Triple Homicide
Fairfax County Crime Solvers is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the people responsible for killing three men at a home in the Springfield area. Around 9:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 19, police were called to a home in the 5400 block of Moultrie Road for an injured, adult male. Officers located the man outside with multiple injuries. They determined there were additional injured victims inside a home across the street. Officers made entry into that home and located the two other victims. All three were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital and died a short time later.

Terence Strope, 38, Ryan Strope, 26, and Andres Yelicie, 26, of the Springfield area, died as a result of multiple stab wounds to their upper bodies. Detectives have reason to believe this incident was not random in nature.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637). In addition to the $1,000 cash reward being offered by Crime Solvers, an additional private reward of $10,000 is also being offered for information that leads to an arrest in this case. As always, callers never have to give their names or appear in court.

TIPSTERS MAY REMAIN ANONYMOUS

Fairfax County Crime Solvers 4100 Chain Bridge Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030

TIP LINE: 1-866-411-TIPS(8477)

TEXT “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637)

E-Mail your tip at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org

Proud Member of National Capital Area Crime Solvers

Posted by: congirl13 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:17PM

I just wanted to say that I knew Terry for a few years. He was a great guy, really nice. Whatever happened, they didn't deserve to die like that and so young. I hope they find the scum that killed them. I'm going to miss talking to him.
Peace Terry!

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:19PM

I shot those Bitches and I'll shooot the rest

Date: December 19, 2008 11:19AM

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1208/578974.html

Victims' Father Speaks About Springfield Triple-Homicide Case

Thu December 18, 2008 - SPRINGFIELD, Va. from ABC 7 News -

In November, three men were stabbed to death at a home in Springfield. Now, the father of two of the victims, is speaking out about losing his sons.

Chris Strope faces a loss few can comprehend -- the murder of his two sons. On Nov. 19, Terry and Ryan Strope were found stabbed to death in their Springfield home. Their friend, Andy Yelicie who escaped and stumbled across the street bleeding, also died.

"My boys didn't deserve anything like this," Strope said. "This was not a mild-mannered crime scene -- this was a dastardly crime... justice has to prevail," he said.

Strope, a former Arlington County police officer, said he looked at the crime in two different ways. "I treated it as a crime scene... but I also treated it as my boys," Strope said.

Thirty-eight-year-old year old Terry Strope worked in a concrete business with his father. His brother, 26-year-old Ryan Strope, worked as an IT administrator.

The brothers not only lived together, but we're also best friends. They had a passion for their two dogs, the Redskins, and their family.

"Both boys were good sons to me, their mother, their sister -- everybody," Strope said.

Fairfax County police say all three men were killed at the same time in what they believe to be a ruthless, but not random act. Still, the homicides remain a mystery, as police have yet to arrest any suspects.

"Those victims were targeted for a particular reason... what that reason would be, I don't know, ," said Officer Shelley Broderick of the Fairfax County Police Department.

As both a parent and a former police officer, Strope believes if the killer or killers are not caught soon, they will strike again.

"They'll do it to somebody else -- they'll do it to their family members if they're willing to do something like this," he said.
© 2008 WJLA-TV

Date: December 19, 2008 01:13PM

a) another reason to own a gun
b) really, they had to be involved in something illegal for someone to come after them like that.

Posted by: =\ ()
Date: December 20, 2008 11:39AM

im surprised they havnt caught these guys yet

Date: December 20, 2008 08:54PM

=\ Wrote:
> im surprised they havnt caught these guys yet

solving crimes isnt profitable.

Posted by: hmz ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:55PM

Gravis Wrote:
> =\ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > im surprised they havnt caught these guys yet
>
> solving crimes isnt profitable.

father of two of the victims has police ties.
i figured this case would have already been solved a week ago

Posted by: she ()
Date: December 23, 2008 08:14PM

it actually is considered springfield.

Posted by: she ()
Date: December 23, 2008 08:19PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
for that..

Stuart head Wrote:
> this is sad
> i knew both the Strope brothers
> i use to sleep over back in middle school
> and this is in annandale not springfield
> i hope they find the people responsible

Posted by: congirl ()
Date: January 03, 2009 06:52PM

In response to Fefux: let me guess you're a loser with a small penis right?

Posted by: Jimnva ()
Date: January 03, 2009 07:14PM

More crime thanks to the illegal aliens.... Northern Virginians wake up!! My Girlfriend lived on Moultrie in the 80's and it was always a nice SAFE place to live. Now with all the Illegal’s in Annandale and Springfield no one is safe... Are cheap laborers worth this? It's a real shame that three guys are dead because Fairfax County LOVES and protects MEXICANS!!

Posted by: Frank ()
Date: January 03, 2009 09:36PM

Jimnva Wrote:
> More crime thanks to the illegal aliens....
> Northern Virginians wake up!! My Girlfriend lived
> on Moultrie in the 80's and it was always a nice
> SAFE place to live. Now with all the Illegal’s in
> Annandale and Springfield no one is safe... Are
> cheap laborers worth this? It's a real shame that
> three guys are dead because Fairfax County LOVES
> and protects MEXICANS!!

Dontcha know it is unfair and racist to blame the increased crime by illegals on Mexicans?

Some are Guatamalans.

Date: January 04, 2009 10:09AM

Still no arrests in this heinous crime...

What good is all that CSI stuff and the mobile crime lab if they cannot bring these animals to justice?

Date: January 04, 2009 03:45PM

dono Wrote:
> Still no arrests in this heinous crime...
>
> What good is all that CSI stuff and the mobile
> crime lab if they cannot bring these animals to
> justice?

this isnt a tv show, there arent always clues to lead back to the criminal. besides, they are swamped with writing speeding tickets to start with, this is low priority.

Date: January 04, 2009 04:31PM

They're going to need a tipster at this point. Complicating matters is the beaner community's distrust of cops.

If I were running the investigation, I'd have plainclothes, spanish-speaking officers working that stretch of 236 where the amigos hang out. They would have coupons to hand out that would entitle the bearer to one free Drunk in Public charge...or maybe a free DWI....or maybe even immediate citizenship.

They'll have to sweeten the deal to get those guys to talk.

And the perp(s) probably has fled the country so they'll probably never get them anyway.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: January 05, 2009 02:09AM

Tubby, you should be chief of police. I only say that because of all the crimes I would be able to get away with. Your strategies would either make it easy to directly get away with those crimes, or make it easy to win in court on the off chance that I am charged with something. Kudos to you.

I also enjoy how you would just sieze hold of federal issues like citizenship and make them your own, to deal with as you please. Awesome.

Date: January 05, 2009 06:06AM

file.php?2,file=3517

Posted by: ? ()
Date: January 05, 2009 12:57PM

=\ Wrote:
> im surprised they havnt caught these guys yet

Surprised is the best word for all of this:
-The fact that it happened in this neighborhood
-That three grown men could be overpowered and killed with knives
-That the only details of the crime available are: "Death by stabbing; 3 victims; Nov 19, 9:45 p.m."
-No arrests, no suspects, no descriptions - only a Crimesolvers request for tips.

Posted by: Jimnva ()
Date: January 06, 2009 07:44PM

Frank wrote:

Dontcha know it is unfair and racist to blame the increased crime by illegals on Mexicans?

Some are Guatamalans.

Hey dork, what's "UnFair" are all these scumbags living in our state illegally and committing crimes... Maybe you should move your sensitive little self over to Guatemala with your brothers!

Posted by: Ignorant ()
Date: January 11, 2009 12:27PM

Actually what's unfair is someone who is too ignorant to realize the Guatamalan reference was a joke and all those who are so ignorant that this whole thread has become an assumption that it was illegals. There are no suspects - immigrant or otherwise - so how did it come to be in everyone's imagination that it must've been brown people?

Date: January 11, 2009 12:40PM

Ignorant Wrote:
> ....so how did it come to be in everyone's
> imagination that it must've been brown people?

Simple, the victims were contractors (an industry that employs lots of beaners).

Second, victims were killed with a knife, a weapon preferred by beaners.

Posted by: beanflicker ()
Date: January 11, 2009 12:56PM

policia r looking for dees guy
Attachments:
1trejo.jpg

Posted by: Remus ()
Date: January 17, 2009 12:27PM

This is total bullshit this crime hasnt been solved yet. 3 good kids were stabbed to death and the cops havent told the public anything about potential suspects or any other useful information for the public.

Date: January 17, 2009 12:41PM

3 Slayings Weren't Random, Police Say
Commander Doubts Stabbing Deaths of Young Springfield Men Were Gang-Related

By Tom Jackman
Saturday, November 22, 2008; B02

The three men stabbed to death Wednesday night in Fairfax County were not victims of a random attack, police said yesterday, but they declined to say why they believe that the house on Moultrie Road was targeted for violence.

Terence J. Strope, 38, his brother Ryan C. Strope, 26, and their friend Andres A. Yelicie, 26, lived in a rented brick rambler in the Ravensworth Farm neighborhood, just off Braddock Road, in the Springfield area. About 9:40 p.m., Yelicie ran from the house and collapsed on the front steps of a house across the street, bleeding heavily from at least two stab wounds, neighbors said.

An ambulance came to take Yelicie away, but not before he alerted police to the Strope brothers inside their house. More ambulances were summoned. All three men died at Inova Fairfax Hospital later Wednesday, police said. It is unclear how much, if anything, the three men were able to tell police before they died.

On Thursday, homicide detectives and crime scene investigators examined the house and canvassed the neighborhood but did not develop any suspects. Neighbors grew increasingly fearful, and the Ravensworth Farm Civic Association sought reassurance from Capt. Bruce Ferguson, commander of the West Springfield patrol district, who advised them that he did not think the killings were a random act and did not appear gang-related, according to an e-mail he later sent to police commanders.

Still, the triple homicide was about a block away from Ravensworth Elementary School and continued to upset parents. So Supervisor Sharon S. Bulova (D-Braddock) and school board member Tessie Wilson (Braddock) will convene a community meeting at the school at 1 p.m. tomorrow to discuss safety in the neighborhood.

Bulova said Ravensworth Farm "is a very, very safe community, and neighbors look out for each other." She noted that when the first sign of trouble erupted Wednesday night, "they didn't hide in their homes -- they ran out and rendered aid." She said police commanders will attend the meeting because "it's important that we share as much information with the community as possible so that they're reassured about their safety."

The families of the Stropes and Yelicie declined to comment on the case yesterday.

Posted by: Update ()
Date: February 04, 2009 10:05AM

UPDATE – Detectives Release New Details; Still Seek
Suspect Information
Police are releasing new details regarding the deaths of three men in the hope someone will step forward with new suspect information. Investigators believe Terence Strope, 38, Ryan Strope, 26, and Andres Yelicie, 26, were killed during a narcotics-involved robbery. One victim described the suspects as males, wearing black clothing with the words “Police” and “SWAT” displayed.

Witnesses observed an older-model Chevrolet Blazer or Jeep, near the home on the night of the homicide and the day prior. The vehicle was light-colored, possibly gold, and had Maryland license plates. A second vehicle was also seen near the home about one hour prior to the murders. It was described as a white, compact car with Maryland license plates.

Detectives do not believe the suspects were direct acquaintances of the victims; however, the suspects may have learned of the narcotics sales in the victims’ home indirectly through friends of the victims.

Detectives continue to follow up on leads in this case. Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637). In addition to the $1,000 cash reward being offered by Crime Solvers, an additional private reward of $10,000 is also being offered for information that leads to an arrest in this case. As always, callers never have to give their names or appear in court.

Posted by: Tubby aka lard ass ()
Date: February 04, 2009 10:14AM

tubby Wrote:
> Ignorant Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ....so how did it come to be in everyone's
> > imagination that it must've been brown people?
>
>
> Simple, the victims were contractors (an industry
> that employs lots of beaners).
>
> Second, victims were killed with a knife, a weapon
> preferred by beaners.

Tubby,

You are an ignorant, fat assed, piece of white trash. You have no evidence as to the culprit. Maybe it was your redneck brothers who were caught stealing supplies from a work site. I bet you think all people of Muslim faith are terrorists as well.

Date: February 04, 2009 11:12AM

Great, confirmed drug dealers in my hood along with murder and all the fixins. Sorry you are dead but thanks for nothing boys...

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: February 04, 2009 11:50AM

Do the police suspect these are gang related? Didn't Connolly endorse Bulova as his partner in bring down gang activity in the County?

Has anyone noticed that gang activity is on the RISE?

Oh well, we get what the others vote for.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: February 04, 2009 01:25PM

man i need to see some crimes go down... could use $11,000

Posted by: Fran ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:15PM

It's so nice to sit in your comfy homes and nice, white lives and make assumptions. I'm ecstatic to know that these 3 guys were drug dealers. Wonderful!

Posted by: na ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:16PM

Andy was not a drug dealer.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: February 12, 2009 03:19PM

Junes,
Read the article: in both cases the suspect cars were from Maryland. Fairfax County can't do dick about a Maryland gang. Geezus, you would hang anything on the Bulova if you could, including a triple murder by proxy.

"The vehicle was light-colored, possibly gold, and had Maryland license plates. A second vehicle was also seen near the home about one hour prior to the murders. It was described as a white, compact car with Maryland license plates"

You really should shut your trap unless you have something actually factual to say. Have you no shame?

Date: February 12, 2009 04:10PM

There is a lot more that the police know, as we all know. They have some great leads, and are obviously letting more and more of the case out to stir up the pot. There are a few angels the police are working on, and have spoken to sources. Hopefully this is picking up some steam.

Date: February 12, 2009 10:19PM

Fran Wrote:
> It's so nice to sit in your comfy homes and nice,
> white lives and make assumptions. I'm ecstatic to
> know that these 3 guys were drug dealers.
> Wonderful!

I dont get it. If they were not dealing drugs why the hell would the police mention that the killings were a drug related rip off? I am not judging anyone. I just wish the fucking cops would figure this goddamn thing out so we can understand what the fuck happened in our hood.

Date: February 13, 2009 09:44AM

Dono, the 2 brothers that lived there pushed weed. Andy was just there hanging out that night. They got run up on, on what is believed as a narcotics related robbery for the amount they had. I just dont understand how you kill over weed.

Date: February 13, 2009 03:48PM

na Wrote:
> Dono, the 2 brothers that lived there pushed weed.
> Andy was just there hanging out that night. They
> got run up on, on what is believed as a narcotics
> related robbery for the amount they had. I just
> dont understand how you kill over weed.

It wasnt just a robbery. Not the way they went. Nothing quick or simple about that horror show. Andy was in the wrong place at the wrong time - what a bummer.

Date: February 13, 2009 05:06PM

Yes, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. From what I hear, the brothers supplier was their 1 hr before the killings. They were targeted for the amount of weed that was there. The suspects wore the "police" and "swat" gear to get into the house, and take control over the situation. I assume after a couple minutes they realised they were not police and swat, and tried to fight.

Posted by: Bill Sykes ()
Date: February 13, 2009 05:20PM

Beaners killing beaners. What's the big deal?

Date: February 13, 2009 05:32PM

It wasnt beaners killing beaners Bill. Andy was a personal friend of mine, so that makes it a big deal. Thanks for your 2 cents though.

Date: February 17, 2009 12:01PM

Md. Man Killed After Masked Men Invade Apartment

By Matt Zapotosky
Tuesday, February 10, 2009; 3:17 PM

A La Plata man was fatally shot early this morning after three masked men seeking drugs and money broke into his apartment, police said.

The man, whom police did not identify because they had yet to notify his relatives, was playing video games with five other people when the group broke in, police said. The intruders forced everyone to lie on the ground, demanded money and drugs and then shot the victim, police said.

"They apparently had some inside information that there were drugs in the house," said Charles County Sheriff Rex Coffey.

None of the other people in the house were injured, police said. The homicide, the first in the county this year, occurred about 4:30 a.m. at an apartment in the 6300 block of Fennell Place, police said.

Coffey said detectives were still investigating whether there were drugs in the residence. In any case, he said, "that's no reason to kill him."

"That was just so unjustified and so unnecessary to do that," he said.

View all comments that have been posted about this article.

Date: February 17, 2009 04:52PM

You posted because you think they are related? They also caught 2 out of the 3 who committed that crime, noted above.

Posted by: NA ()
Date: February 19, 2009 04:21PM

I was very close with Ryan as well. We went to college together. He was a great person...he wasn't in to the whole "drug scene". I remember Ryan telling me one night that his brother used drugs back in the day and was trying to turn his life around. Ryan seemed to be the complete opposite of his brother from what I knew about him. I received a call a week after this happened from another college friend. When he said Ryan was one of the vicitims I was completely shocked. He was not that type of person to be mixed up in something like that. He and his brother had a special connection as brothers and best friends, but I feel very confident in saying that Ryan most likely had nothing to do with the drugs entering and leaving that home. He is greatly missed.

Date: March 06, 2009 05:20PM

not much being talked about again. Hopefully they are getting close to arresting some people

Date: March 07, 2009 01:25AM

I just kinda say there is a gang problem in Fairfax county and across the USA, as evidenced by the recent gang bust across the US that raked in over 50Mil and people from MD. These was as a result of the violence in Mexico creeping into the USA.

For years I reported on gang violence and drugs on 236 and all around this area and was told to report my information to their gang department, which was set up for high school gangs only. Our system is not set-up to handle muchless acknowledge these gangs.

Capt. Ferguson says he doesn't think these killings are gang related, well I would have to ask, "based on what?" The fact that they had government apparel, "Swat jackets", etc. tells me they are entrenched in our police dept. and well connected. The thing about illegals or legals working for the gov.(or whoever) is that they are still more faithful to their country or gang,(their own) and I am not talking about the USA. Talk about racism, they hate Americans, and see us as having what they should have instead and will do anything to get it.

There's killing and there's over-kill, these guys were killed with over-killed to send a message. The only people who would bother to do this are gangs. The only people to plan with a degree of intelligence are gangs. Illegals, alone don't have the resources or intelligence to pull this off. Plus they had to have inside information about the delivery from their source, which had to come from their source. This lead should be on the victims' phone.

Or, could it be that the real reason for the over-kill was to ensure these guys were dead to protect the identity of the killers because of who they were? Could they have been the police?

Everything is staged to make it look like illegals, the cars with MD tags, the knife killings?

All cops and officers should be subject to random drug test, like the military.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: March 07, 2009 03:04AM

Lets start a conspiracy theory- IT WAS THE COPS! I KNOWS IT! THEY HAD JACKETS!

Date: March 08, 2009 03:12PM

Spunky, you raise interesting points, and points that I strongly agree with. The apparel throws me off a lot. The "SWAT" and "police" clothing and other tactical stuff is almost impossible to get without a connect. What also throws me off is that they killed the older brother on site, while ryan and andy were alive, with andy being able to leave and try to get help. I really do wonder if it could be corrupt police trying to score a hit and resell, or something like that.

Date: March 08, 2009 05:00PM

na Wrote:
> The "SWAT" and "police" clothing and
> other tactical stuff is almost impossible to get
> without a connect.

whatever, retard.
http://armysurplusstore.com/search.aspx?find=swat
http://armysurplusstore.com/search.aspx?find=police

Date: March 08, 2009 10:08PM

Wow Gravis, you posted a link so I can look at a hat and a weak ass looking swat t shirt.... I think they were wearing a bit more that some fake looking T... You think the whole situation is just that simple do you? You sound like the retard.

Date: March 09, 2009 03:33AM

na Wrote:
> Spunky, you raise interesting points, and points
> that I strongly agree with. The apparel throws me
> off a lot. The "SWAT" and "police" clothing and
> other tactical stuff is almost impossible to get
> without a connect. What also throws me off is
> that they killed the older brother on site, while
> ryan and andy were alive, with andy being able to
> leave and try to get help. I really do wonder if
> it could be corrupt police trying to score a hit
> and resell, or something like that.

When I talked to FC Narcotics a few yrs. back, I was told they didn't
care about weed dealers, they were more interested in the harder drugs.
Didn't even want information, didn't care, didn't want to know anything about
anything...odd? We all know that weed dealers can sell other stuff. The police must know info on the guy who sold to them (those poor guys killed) and the amt, who he is, etc. We have already seen a corrupt element in FCPD that was cheating to pass exams in an effort to ensure better pay. I have seen more, and where there's smoke there's fire. At this point I don't trust the FBI, CIA, DHS and several other agencies. I trust the Post Office more then any other govt. agency right now...sad? At this point in my life I believe anything is possible, sadly.

With the number of times these guys were cut I would say the criminals thought they were dead before they left. Using a knife would not get the attention of the neighbors giving them more time. But I can't believe these guys didn't fight back in some way. If the first guy was the largest guy then they probably didn't have a chance after the element of surprise wore off, and when it did the poor guys were in shock and out numbered if not also tied up or contained. All police should have been checked for unusual cuts bruises, etc., immediately after this event. But I believe this was made to look like illegals were at the scene and police rarely look at their own unless forced to. Which is why it's a haven for criminals, in general. I know there are good guys out there, a few bad ones can ruin it for all...across the board.

Date: March 09, 2009 05:42AM

na Wrote:
> Wow Gravis, you posted a link so I can look at a
> hat and a weak ass looking swat t shirt.... I
> think they were wearing a bit more that some fake
> looking T... You think the whole situation is
> just that simple do you? You sound like the
> retard.

right... you may want more than just a t-shirt and hat...

http://armysurplusstore.com/blacktacticalswatcoveralls.aspx Black Tactical S.W.A.T Coveralls
http://armysurplusstore.com/hwnomexswathoods-blackfoliagegreen.aspx H.W. Nomex SWAT Hoods-Black
http://armysurplusstore.com/holsters-2.aspx various holsters
http://armysurplusstore.com/uvextac0tacticalgoggle.aspx Uvex TAC0 Tactical Goggle
http://armysurplusstore.com/deluxeblacknylonswatbelt.aspx Deluxe Black Nylon SWAT Belt
http://armysurplusstore.com/gistyleabsplastichelmet.aspx G.I. Style ABS Plastic Helmet
http://armysurplusstore.com/anti-riottacticalhelmet.aspx Anti-Riot Tactical Helmet
http://armysurplusstore.com/blackquickdrawtacticalvest.aspx Black Quick Draw Tactical Vest
http://armysurplusstore.com/kneeandelbowpads.aspx Various Neoprene Tactical Protective Pads
http://armysurplusstore.com/rothcoblackneoprenegloves.aspx Black Neoprene Gloves
http://armysurplusstore.com/forcedentryblack8tacticalboot.aspx Forced Entry Black 8" Tactical Boot

you know... all the equipment you need for stopping even the most dangerous suspects.

file.php?2,file=5425

they sell the real shit, retard.

file.php?2,file=3687Tactical Feline not for sale

Date: March 09, 2009 08:51AM

Gravis, it still doesnt show anything that says "SWAT" or "POLICE" besides a fake ass looking t shirt you homo. Go fist yourself toolbox.

Checkmate.

Date: March 09, 2009 09:48AM

na you are polluting a pretty serious thread.

Date: March 09, 2009 10:39AM

Dono, Andy was a personal friend of mine. Please read what GRAVIS has been saying before you accuse me of polluting this thread. He is way out of line.

Date: March 09, 2009 12:09PM

dono Wrote:
> na you are polluting a pretty serious thread.

Dono, why does exploring the possibilities scare you? What are you afraid of? The way I see it, you are the polluter. Oh, yea, Gravis has always been out of line, which makes me suspect him of so many things.

All possibilities need to be considered, no body should be exempt. The fact that this touches a nerve says something about you.

Date: March 09, 2009 12:23PM

Anything I say just feeds you so - I agree. I am wrong. I am sorry. You are right. So maybe back to the issue rather than arguing about whom is nice and whom is not or this Tshirt is good - no that Tshirt is not.

Again I realize I am bad, dumb stupid horrible and you are not.

Posted by: spic ()
Date: March 09, 2009 03:07PM

Yo tengo un taco.

ey homez doz anyone no wher i left mi knife?

Date: March 09, 2009 03:52PM

dono Wrote:
> Anything I say just feeds you so - I agree. I am
> wrong. I am sorry. You are right. So maybe back
> to the issue rather than arguing about whom is
> nice and whom is not or this Tshirt is good - no
> that Tshirt is not.
>
> Again I realize I am bad, dumb stupid horrible and
> you are not.

I overestimated you. Your response is pretty lame, does that mean you are?

Posted by: thatguy ()
Date: March 15, 2009 08:05PM

Ok I've been reading a couple different things on here. Personally I knew Ryan since he was about 6. He was a great guy, one of the nicest people I've ever met, but that doesn't mean he didn't get mixed up in anything over his head. I honestly don't want to know how far, but he's dead now and that's pretty serious. It's serious in how tragic it is to lose a person of that caliber, and it's serious because the way they lost their lives is nothing short of a message.

Second.....in reference to swat or police gear, you can outfit yourself in a matter of minutes from anything to boots to assault vets. Let alone a simple swat sweatshirt. But also, whose to say that if this is how this group of guys does business then maybe they aren't custom made?

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=5481&TabID=1&CatID=34 ...that's a uniform item for federal law enforcement for 30 bucks.

http://www.nextag.com/Clothing-Accessories--zzswat+clothingz2700200z1zBmz5---html?nxtg=91cd0a1c0512-C59525F1B237846A
That's a list of stuff you can buy online.

My point here is that there is no dubious conspiracy theory. You don't have to totally sell yourself for a long time as a real bunch of cops. You just have to make them hesitate long enough for you to get in the front door. How many people are going to go for a gun if they think the cops are coming in? None.

The Gang question is a funny one to me. I think it's kind of ironic that even in the police report (listed above and on the FFX County police weekly incident report for Feb 4) there is an admission that there was more than one person involved in the crime. By Virginia law alone, a group of people who are engaged in assault are automatically charged under 'Mob Assault'. This law was created in the 90's and is a 'gang related' crime and an automatic felony. So the notion to deny that it isnt gang related is silly, especially because even if it isn't the crips or bloods or whomever, it's still charged as gang crime under Virginia Law.

My thought on the whole investigation is that it's one of two ways. The murders opened a huge seem into an investigation in a larger regional operation and they're doing something like HBO series 'The Wire'....or they have no idea. Either way they need people who have information to come out and say something

Date: March 21, 2009 12:07AM

Off the subject?

Because I'm so lucky, I came across a wrecker driver for Henry's several years ago who told me that the owner required the new hirees to annie-up an ounce.

Fact: A business grows by police calling for a particular wrecker service. That owner has since sold Henry's and moved to Florida. Just a thought?

Posted by: OldThread ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:41AM

Why are people still posting on a four month old thread? What's the expiration date on a thread?

Date: March 21, 2009 01:00AM

OldThread Wrote:
> Why are people still posting on a four month old
> thread? What's the expiration date on a thread?

Must've hit a nerve, considering threads older then four
mouths pop-up here all the time. What are you really wanting
to say?

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 21, 2009 01:34AM

Attachments:
basepyzam.jpg

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 21, 2009 08:28AM

People are bored with the current threads and are reviving dead ones in hopes of more interesting comments.

Date: March 21, 2009 08:51AM

Maybe people post here because a 4 month old unsolved butchering job murder holds interest longer than say threads about stupid shit posted. Granted the morons whom post stupid shit on this thread are real miscreants but there is an abundance of those here anyway...

Date: March 21, 2009 12:12PM

Maybe, but then how do you explain the rebirth of NOVA Barbie thread?

Date: March 21, 2009 01:37PM

Shadow Wrote:
> Maybe, but then how do you explain the rebirth of
> NOVA Barbie thread?

How do you explain the re-birth of any old thread? People

are infinite, and you are gay. In one thread you said it wasn't

worth denying charges of being gay, when a straight guy would argue that

each and everytime. Only a Fag, talking about Barbies (putting down women)

would say such a thing, especially when there are older threads in the pipeline.

How insignificant is a Shadow, sorta like a scarecrow, empty?

Date: March 21, 2009 04:12PM

Funny, it's been my experience that the ones that deny homosexuality the loudest are the ones that are in the closest and the most active. I know several straight guys that wouldn't bother arguing about whether someone on an anon board accused them of being gay.

Actually, nevermind, you're going to think whatever you want, and it's clear your whole purpose on this board is to get people riled up and arguing over nonsense.

Have a nice day.

Date: March 21, 2009 06:26PM

Shadow...you were the one that first started complaining.

Lame dodge.

Posted by: someone who knows ()
Date: March 25, 2009 02:53PM

Andy was not a "drug dealer" in the sense of it wasn't his career and he didn't put himself out there like that... but he had weight and frequently hooked up his buddies. He was trying to get out of the game right before this happened... I can't believe there isn't more released about this crime. Andy was a good guy.

Date: March 25, 2009 05:18PM

Hooking up your buds with an 8th here or a quarter there isnt a drug dealer. As far as "weight" goes, he never carried lbs on him. An ounce or 2 is not "weight."

Date: March 25, 2009 07:06PM

someone who knows Wrote:
> Andy was not a "drug dealer"

if you are dealing drugs, you are a drug dealer. you might as well claim you dont owe people money because you pay them back eventually.

Posted by: drinkthecoolaid ()
Date: March 25, 2009 07:12PM

The report says 'narcotics' not marijuana...narcotics means coke. Who kills people with machetes and runs a lot of coke in the area....MS

Posted by: drinkthecoolaid ()
Date: March 25, 2009 07:15PM

"....were killed during a narcotics-involved robbery around 9:45 p.m. on
Wednesday, November 19 in the 5400 block of Moultrie Road in Springfield. They died as a
result of multiple stab wounds to their upper bodies and detectives have reason to believe this
incident was not random in nature.
One victim described the suspects as males, wearing black clothing with the words “Police” and
“SWAT” displayed....."

Tell me that isn't a gang related hit over drug turf or money.....way to organized.

Date: March 25, 2009 09:07PM

It was over pot. Large amounts of pot.

Posted by: JEB Raider ()
Date: April 06, 2009 11:56PM

Gravis Wrote:
> a) another reason to own a gun
> b) really, they had to be involved in something
> illegal for someone to come after them like that.

I went to high school with Ryan Strope. Knew him for years. I know him better than anyone else at Stuart High.

to Gravis's question... the answer is "B".

this case will never be solved. trust me.

I don't know the other two guys that got slained but when I heard the news that someone from my high school got killed my first guess was Ryan Strope before I even read the article. Nerdy looking guy but he had one mean streak. Short fuse. Drugs. Parties. Quick to shout whatever it takes to push your last red button. Heard him shout racial slurs all the time in traffic at other people. Always talked a big game but never walked the walk.

Also the timing of the crime is perfect. Crimes committed before Thanksgiving and Christmas have the least chance of getting solved due to a lack of focus. By the time the cops get their bearings in place it's already... April. Too late.

No need to reply to my post for me to see... I'll never see this page again.

I know you all love me. and I love you all.

Date: April 10, 2009 02:50PM

It will get solved eventually. Someone will switch sides at some point, especially in dealing with the type of people we are taking about.

Date: April 10, 2009 02:56PM

JEB, why are you so sure it will never get solved? Trust you? Interesting.

Date: April 10, 2009 11:58PM

Yep, I agree...interesting?

Date: April 11, 2009 12:17PM

Sounds like he might know something the police do not know. Call the tip hotline asshole.

Posted by: a ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:12PM

what really upsets me about all of this is people just don't understand that these guys died a horrible way. They have loved ones and family and friends who truly cared about them & nothing is being done...at least i think nothing is being done. Everyday i check to see if there are any updates and always get nothing.
I grew up with andy and he was an amazing guy who always talked to me no matter how long it was that we hadn't seen each other. Andy lived up the street from me and we went to school together. He was always brave and a fighter. I miss him greatly and if anyone knows about what happened or details please call the police. Give me and his family and friends peace of mind. Until this case is solved I will truly not be able to move on from his murder.

Posted by: Update ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:34AM

September 11, 2009

First-degree murder plea in Roseville bludgeoning

Killer also suspected in 3 Virginia slayings

CHRISTINE FERRETTI
The Detroit News

Mount Clemens -- Lorenc Babu was "cold and matter of fact" in court Thursday when he calmly admitted bludgeoning a woman to death and dumping her body in a pond, prosecutors say.

"He was clearly showing no emotion, care or concern when asked why he planned the murder -- he really didn't have an answer," said Macomb County Assistant Prosecutor Bill Cataldo. "I'm glad to have him off the streets and in prison for the rest of his life."

Babu faces life in prison after pleading guilty in Macomb Circuit Court to killing Rebekah Seely, 30, of Roseville. Sentencing is Oct. 14.
Cataldo said few plead guilty to first-degree murder, but Babu may have had good reason.

He could soon face even more charges in connection to a triple murder in Fairfax, Va., two days after Seely's Nov. 17 death from a tire iron.

Babu was extradited to Michigan last November to face charges in Seely's murder. And when he was arrested Nov. 24 in a New York church homeless shelter, police found the cell phone of one of the Virginia murder victims -- Terence Strope -- in his possession, Cataldo said.

Fairfax County police officials said three Springfield, Va., men -- Strope, 38, brother Ryan Strope, 26, and Andres Yelicie, 26 -- were stabbed inside a North Springfield home on Nov. 19. Police say the robbery was drug related. All three men died.

"It would appear based on what he stated on the record, that he has involvement in a triple homicide in Virginia. It (may have) led him to pleading here," Cataldo said. "When he was arrested officials were notified ... Babu was in possession of the phone of one of the three murdered victims in that case."

Fairfax County police could not be reached for comment late Thursday.
Babu's attorney, Daniel Garon, would not say why he pleaded guilty. Babu lured Seely into an area of Grosse Pointes-Clinton Refuse Disposal Authority near Gratiot and 14 Mile in Clinton Township on Nov. 17. He bludgeoned her with a tire iron and dumped her in a pond on the site.

Trespassers on the land discovered the body.

cferretti@detnews.com">cferretti@detnews.com (586) 468-0343

Posted by: Seann ()
Date: September 11, 2009 12:18PM

Lets hope this ahole gives up his accomplices next.

Date: September 11, 2009 12:32PM

im glad they found the culprit responsible for this
and i hope he does rat out his friends

Date: September 11, 2009 05:50PM

Trespassers on the land discovered the body.

LOL! were they charged with trespassing?

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: September 11, 2009 06:01PM

LOL sounds like they stole that move out of the FCPD book of Standard operating procedures.

Posted by: TrunkJunker ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:11PM

Date: September 17, 2009 08:31PM

wow... he's a real psychopath.

Date: September 18, 2009 09:51AM

good throw the book at him
and lets get his buddies in there too

Date: September 18, 2009 10:11AM

I feel better if they have found even one of the animals that did this. Hopefully the pussy will squeal on his cohorts and we can see some of them fry.

Posted by: karoche ()
Date: September 19, 2009 09:55AM

I read recently in a Fairfax local newspaper that police in Michigan had someone in custody that may have killed the three men in Springfield. He has confessed to killing someone and they believe he may be involved in the triple homicide.

Date: September 19, 2009 01:47PM

dono Wrote:
> [...] we can see some of them fry.

im afraid not... http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/methods-execution

Posted by: Young ()
Date: September 19, 2009 10:46PM

So he pled guilty to the Michigan charges in order to avoid being charged in Va for the 3 slayings and avoid being executed. Very interesting.

Posted by: Michelle ()
Date: September 19, 2009 10:50PM

how STUPID and IGNORANT do you sound blaming the "illegals" for all the crime in VA!!! i mean seriously, where do you get all your facts...(i wanna say your mom but I will not involove her as she has nothing to do with this...i'm sorry she gave birth to you... DUMBASS! its better if you stop commenting or i will get one of my guatemalan knife carrying cousins to come and work on your lawn! HA! i bet you thought i was going to say STAB you... FUCKTARD!

Posted by: anti-Jeb raider ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:09PM

Dear JEB Raider,

Even though you said not to bother replying to your message (below). I wanted the readers of this site to know how ignorant and out of line your comments are.

First, you apparently did not know Ryan in high school. Ryan was the the kindest, most sincere and most respectful person that walked this earth whose life was cut way too short at the age of 26. And your comments about him were so false that reading them made me sick. What happened to him, his brother Terry and friend Andy was a terrible and unheard of crime that no person should experience.

You have no respect, no dignity and no sense of those mourning them. Karma is a bitch and I hope that your hateful and disrespecting words bite you in the a*@. The timing of the crimes made it more painful for the family members and friends who loved them and miss them. And only made the police more focused to catch the idiots who did this. They will be caught and justice will be served.

Keep your pitiful comments to yourself.

-------------------------------------------------

Posted by: JEB Raider ()
Date: April 06, 2009 11:56PM

Gravis Wrote:
> a) another reason to own a gun
> b) really, they had to be involved in something
> illegal for someone to come after them like that.

I went to high school with Ryan Strope. Knew him for years. I know him better than anyone else at Stuart High.

to Gravis's question... the answer is "B".

this case will never be solved. trust me.

I don't know the other two guys that got slained but when I heard the news that someone from my high school got killed my first guess was Ryan Strope before I even read the article. Nerdy looking guy but he had one mean streak. Short fuse. Drugs. Parties. Quick to shout whatever it takes to push your last red button. Heard him shout racial slurs all the time in traffic at other people. Always talked a big game but never walked the walk.

Also the timing of the crime is perfect. Crimes committed before Thanksgiving and Christmas have the least chance of getting solved due to a lack of focus. By the time the cops get their bearings in place it's already... April. Too late.

No need to reply to my post for me to see... I'll never see this page again.

I know you all love me. and I love you all.

Date: September 28, 2009 05:17PM

yeah i knew Ryan and Terry since Middle school. I have never seen Ryan get like the above poster states 'Jeb Raider'

Posted by: Walker Fairfax ()
Date: May 05, 2011 08:36AM

interesting development -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pr-georges-man-indicted-for-alleged-role-in-fatal-2008-home-invasion-robbery/2011/05/04/AFtqRKrF_print.html

Pr. George’s man indicted for alleged role in fatal 2008 home invasion robbery
By Dana Hedgpeth, Wednesday, May , 7:52 PM
A Prince George’s County man was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury on charges that he took part in a 2008 home invasion robbery in Fairfax County in which three men were stabbed to death.

Delante Cook, 34, and his co-conspirators disguised themselves as police officers — wearing black outfits with the words “Police” and “SWAT” on them — when they entered a Springfield home Nov. 19, 2008, according to Fairfax police an indictment in U.S. District Court in Alexandria. The robbers targeted the home because they thought the occupants were dealing marijuana, court papers say.

Brothers Ryan C. Strope, 26, and Terence J. Strope, 38, who rented the home on Moultrie Road in the Ravensworth Farm neighborhood, were fatally stabbed. Their friend, Andres A. Yelicie, 26, who was visiting, was also killed.

Cook, the first person arrested in connection with the crime, was charged with conspiracy and attempt to commit robbery.

The indictment alleges that other people were involved, including one man who has since died. Prosecutors, who said the investigation is ongoing, did not say who they think stabbed the men. No one has been charged with murder.

Neil H. MacBride, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, called the killings a “chilling and horrific crime.”

“This was a conspiracy that involved meticulous planning and masquerading as police officers to gain entry into homes they wanted to rob,” he said, noting that it ended with the “brutal stabbing deaths” of three men.

The killings shocked neighbors in the Fairfax community, and police and community leaders held a meeting to ease fears. More than 100 people attended.

Authorities said “recent evidence brought to the grand jury” gave them a break in the case.

In the two days before the robbery, Cook and another man, Jelani Slay, watched the home and planned the robbery, according to the five-page indictment.

On Nov. 19, 2008, Cook, Slay and other unidentified conspirators returned to the home dressed as law enforcement officials and armed with weapons, including knives, the indictment alleges.

“They wanted to rob them of cash, and they wanted to rob them of drugs,” MacBride said.

Authorities said two laptops and a cellphone were taken.

MacBride called the crime “a vicious, brutal, heinous stabbing” of three men. Fairfax Police Chief David Rohrer said that the brothers’ home might have been the target because of their alleged marijuana dealing but “these three men did not deserve to die.”

The Strope brothers are the sons of Christopher Strope, a retired Arlington County police officer and executive director of the Virginia Coalition of Police and Deputy Sheriffs.

Terence Strope ran a contracting business, Capitol Concrete Solutions. The brothers graduated from J.E.B. Stuart High School, where Ryan Strope played in the marching band.

Yelicie graduated from Paul VI Catholic High School in Fairfax and Virginia Commonwealth University. He worked at a credit union in the District.

If convicted, Cook faces a maximum of 40 years in prison. He was arrested Tuesday and made his initial appearance Wednesday in a federal courtroom in Alexandria. He is scheduled for a detention hearing Friday.

Slay was fatally shot in March 2009 by an off-duty D.C. police officer. Police said Slay, wearing a mask and brandishing a gun, tried to rob the officer.

Staff researcher Jennifer Jenkins contributed to this report.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.