HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Body found at Manassas Rest Stop
Posted by: lolzzz ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Body found at Manassas Rest Stop
Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:17PM

66 sucked
28 sucked
29 sucked
50 sucked

My 30 minute commute from Fairfax took 110 minutes.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:26PM

ok, so riddle me this cause I kept hearing about this on the traffic reports. Each station the traffic person would be freaking out saying it was a jam from Beltway to the rest area, right? They'd bring up that the cops were there and had closed off the access to the rest area..........
Then they'd say that ALL THRU LANES ARE OPEN!!!!!

So ok, tell me why everyone on 66 needed to stop and look at cops on the side of the road? I just dont get it......................

Posted by: lolzzz ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:30PM

Yeah haha, as soon as I passed the rest area it cleared up. People are dumb

Posted by: NovaTrucker ()
Date: May 09, 2012 10:13PM

really gordon? does it actually have you mistified? it's called human nature and don't look for it to change anytime soon...the lack of competent driving skills in this region will make you want so stick a knife in the side of your neck if you don't learn to let it roll off your back...GOTTA just let it go....i would of thought with all your commuting you would be above the frustration factor...or are you just really bored ...i really expect a better quality post from you...and please spare me all that 'street' jargon in your response, honey :-l

but no, in all actuality, i was pretty fucked up from that ride too lol

Posted by: lou cypher ()
Date: May 09, 2012 10:22PM

This area is slowly killing me.

Posted by: lisa baden ()
Date: May 09, 2012 10:39PM

I really dont care about 66, not much that can be done anymore. Now Father Hurley Blvd is a different story

Posted by: Bruce Variety ()
Date: May 10, 2012 12:37AM

I used to live in LA.

Traffic stops for miles (dozens) to look at a shoe on the road.

We're just keepin' up here in FFX.

Posted by: Bruce Variety ()
Date: May 10, 2012 12:38AM

That shit pissed me off too though.

Posted by: We're All Zombies on this bus ()
Date: May 10, 2012 02:48AM

they should have spent the money to build the subway out to manassas

but the developers figured way more money to be made going thru tysons reston and on to dulles and beyond than multicultural manassas ole'

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 10, 2012 08:11AM

@were - would have made more sense but prolly didnt happen cause of VRE, y'know?
Metro to Loudon is the most stupid thing ever - wouldve been cheaper and made WAY more sense to put lightrail on the W&OD trail since the right of way is already there.
@Nova - I was actually hoping for a more thoughtful response than "Because, duuuuuur" but thanks for playing :)

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: May 10, 2012 12:08PM

Here's the update...

Update: Body of Adult Male Found at Area Rest Stop
Virginia State Police said the body of an adult male was discovered inside a parked vehicle with out-of-state tags at the Manassas-area rest stop Wednesday shortly after 2 p.m.
http://manassas.patch.com/articles/manassas-rest-stop-closed-after-body-found

Update: May 9; 10:20 p.m.

Virginia State Police said the body of an adult male was discovered inside a parked vehicle with out-of-state tags at a Manassas-area rest stop Wednesday shortly after 2 p.m.

The body was transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Manassas for identification and examination. The cause of death is still under investigation. Police seized the out-of-state vehicle, but at this time foul play does not appear to be a factor, according to police.

Original Story: May 9; 3:45 p.m.

Virginia State Police have closed the rest stop/welcome center on westbound I-66 just before Manassas (mile marker 48) after a deceased subject was found on the grounds.

According to Public Relations Director for VSP Corinne N. Geller, authorities arrived to the Manassas-area rest stop shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday to investigate.

No other details were provided. Check back or visit Manassas Patch on Facebook for further details as they become available.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.