HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Computer network and intercom repair
Posted by: Fairfaxian ()
Date: February 23, 2012 08:54AM

I have an intercom, computer network system in my house (It's brand name is OnQ) that needs to be fixed. Does anyone know who I should call? Can a regular electrican do that or do I need a computer network repair person?

The OnQ website isn;t very helpful. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Computer network and intercom repair
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 23, 2012 09:09AM

Here is a good link, the first result gets you a page with an email address and phone number. http://bit.ly/wqztF1

Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: February 23, 2012 09:12AM

I'd find a qualified reseller/installer. Try calling ADI in Springfield.

The system isn't that complicated. The intercom stations are wires using cat5 cable to a central "brain". Are you sure some knucklehead didn't unplug something in your wiring closet.

Posted by: Faifaxian ()
Date: February 23, 2012 09:35AM

Thanks Hank.,,,,I checked and it doesn't seem to have anything unplugged. I'll try ADI.

By the way, "justsaying" I did try that addrerss and phone number before posting they have no service providers withikn 100 of Fairfax.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 23, 2012 09:44AM

Ah, try to include info on steps you have already taken next time. That's like going to a doctor's office and refusing to tell them what hurts but demanding a general painkiller assuming that will fix whatever the problem is.

There is a reason I sometimes don't go out of my way to spoonfeed nonregsitered users, and get reminded why every so often. Good luck with your problem and I hope it gets fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 09:44AM by justsayin.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.