HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where to buy new bed and mattress...?
Posted by: Sleeping on the floor ()
Date: January 16, 2012 02:16PM

So it's time for me to upgrade from the ol' twin love pad to a new Mecca of bed-dome. I'd like to go big. Big as in laying space, not necessarily height. The old bed is a ikea that I am well overdue to replace. I'm leaning towards buying a tempurpedic mattress, but I'm not sure if that affects what type of bed frame I need to buy. Maybe I need to buy a box spring with it, I don't know. I just want a massive pad to do bed-related-activities in.

Where in Fairfax have you gone to? Recommendations? Pricing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where to buy new bed and mattress...?
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: January 16, 2012 02:19PM

Wait for pottery barn to have a sale and order one from the catalogue.

Posted by: dbs ()
Date: January 16, 2012 03:09PM

Look for the signs on the side of the road offering new mattresses for sale. heck, they'll even throw in a box spring for free!

Or go to Costco.

Posted by: wally pip jr. ()
Date: January 16, 2012 03:25PM

Unique Thrift store
now steamed cleaned for your protection

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 16, 2012 03:35PM

Go to Maple Avenue in Vienna, which is the unholy nexus of all things mattresses. And while you're there, stop by a bank. Or two. Or six.

Date: January 16, 2012 04:55PM

I would make two recommendations. If you want a firm sleep, some of the Tempurpedics are great. They are extremely expensive and the chain mattress stores are usually NOT allowed to cut deals on them.

The other option, if you want to be cradled like a baby: the Westin Heavenly Bed.

Either Mattress discounters or Mattress Warehouse carries them.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: offer guy ()
Date: January 18, 2012 12:45AM

Hey - don't be afraid to negotiate a lower price with a mattress salesmen.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: January 18, 2012 02:02AM

My "sleep number knockoff" I got from Costco failed after three years. I couldn't get a replacement air mattress and Costco is refunding it 100%. I liked it, but can't find another one for even twice the price.

I'm picking up a tempurpedic knock off from amazon.com with good reviews. It is a tossup for me between these two:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050JL4LA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=AOFIBMXVIVCJ6

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-12-inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B003CT37LA/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1326870089&sr=1-1

As far as the bed frame goes, I'm changing from Calif King to Eastern King. To make a frame, I'm taking the basic "sliding" frame that adjusts and am putting in plywood panels. I got that idea from the 'net and the mattress ratings. If you don't have the means to cut plywood to fit, you can have them do it for you at Home Depot.

Posted by: Weston Heavenly Bed ()
Date: January 18, 2012 09:03AM

Best mattress ever!

Posted by: NovaTrucker ()
Date: January 18, 2012 09:08AM

WNRSM.....i'm not trying to be an ass but why don't you just go buy the real thing...looking for a replacement at "even twice the price" has got to put you at the price point for the original or at least close to it...and i would also suggest sleeping on a "tempur" before you commit (though i don't know how you would be able to do that - lol).."tempur" is a fancy company name for "sponge sellers"...my wife and i hated it after just two weeks and our neighbors got rid of theirs too...everybody is different so you might like a mushy, non-supportive matress...to us, it was like sleeping on a huge bean bag...to each his own...also, for all those who don't know...don't buy any products from the "hardlines" department at costco...almost all of it is knock-off and fails if intended for heavy everyday use...in a previous job i would pick up failed product that was to be shipped back to the vendors and my wife worked there also...it is amazing what you find out seeing things from the inside....huge numbers of vizio (sp?) tv's going back...but i'm not a hater...i love costco....it's (mostly) a very fair place to work (but you are gonna work!) and i have had great customer service everytime i've had a issue...rarely can the prices on food and toiletries be beaten...there's room for improvement but i highly recommend costco...just don't buy any hardlines! you've been warned and what the heck is a "eastern size bed"?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: January 18, 2012 08:31PM

You're fucked. Not many mattress stores in Fairfax.....snerk........

Posted by: not2hard ()
Date: January 18, 2012 09:01PM

vienna?

Posted by: rodman ()
Date: January 19, 2012 05:55AM

Dude the OP is such a dumb retarded stupid fucking moron! Mattress warehouse, Mattress Discounters, Sleepy's. Stupid fagot!

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: January 21, 2012 10:41PM

NovaTrucker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WNRSM.....i'm not trying to be an ass but why
> don't you just go buy the real thing...looking for
> a replacement at "even twice the price" has got to
> put you at the price point for the original or at
> least close to it.

Those sleep number beds are obnoxiously expensive and they seem to have their at least their fair share of rabid internet complaints for customer service. Thrice the price I paid is still lower than the price of the cheapest offering of the name brand bed.

I'd pay the money if the reviews didn't have many tales of their customer service being dicks... complaints about their stuff failing and an expensive maintenance plan and/or the warranty only covering part of the cost of the crappy electronics failing. There was a recurring theme of paying money on a regular basis to keep the bed going.

The old bed has a memory foam top part, so we're used to that. I tried to get the bed repaired. The manufacturer is still around, but their supplier is not. That's why I'm getting a refund.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.