HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Replacement Driver's License
Posted by: needhelpz ()
Date: November 04, 2011 11:11PM

I lost my physical license and need it for tomorrow. Can I go to the DMV in the morning and get one same day?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Replacement Driver's License
Posted by: ytest ()
Date: November 04, 2011 11:13PM

Yes but it takes a while.

Here look at this fucking shit its amazing, this link is like techology and shit

http://tinyurl.com/3kaqhmt

needhelpz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I lost my physical license and need it for
> tomorrow. Can I go to the DMV in the morning and
> get one same day?

Posted by: okay ()
Date: November 04, 2011 11:19PM

yeah, i went there but it seems to give contradictory information. On the bottom part it says you can "obtain a replacement driver's license or learner's permit at one of our customer service centers" but under the part about people with glasses (which I dont have) it says "Please note that you will not receive your new driver's license during your DMV visit. Driver's license applicants will be given temporary driving permits that cannot be used for identification purposes until their license is received in the mail."

Posted by: Richmond ()
Date: November 04, 2011 11:38PM

When I got my licence it took two weeks because they had to have it made in Richmond and mailed to me. Because of the new safety features on VA licenses I think they are only made in one place in Richmond.

Posted by: Richmond ()
Date: November 04, 2011 11:43PM

The answer is no.

From the DMV site:

Once you pass your required testing, your driver's license will be mailed to the address in DMV's records. DMV has converted to a new secure process for issuing driver's licenses and ID cards, and has discontinued issuing them over the counter. The U.S. Postal Service will not forward driver's licenses, so make sure that DMV has your current, correct address on record. If you have moved, notify DMV right away.

Posted by: needhelpz ()
Date: November 05, 2011 12:43AM

that corollary is only mentioned on the new driver's license issuance page, so i'm still hopeful

Posted by: disappointment ()
Date: November 05, 2011 01:46AM

needhelpz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that corollary is only mentioned on the new
> driver's license issuance page, so i'm still
> hopeful

You really wont be able to get a physical one. Theyll give you some sort of temporary one. Who ever mentioned that the new ones all come from Richmond is right. If you went to the main office there you could possibly get one but the places at the mall dont have the technology to make them anymore.

What do you need if for anyway. Almost anything you would use that for you could use a passport or something as well

Posted by: Southeast Jerome ()
Date: November 05, 2011 08:00AM

The new VA licenses look like you're carrying around a sliver of shit. Since at least the late 70's and perhaps longer, there was always an attractive blue stripe across the top and a color photograph. Now, everything is monochrome turd.

Fucking terrorists...bunch of Arabs don't like how we do things so they kill 3,000 people, plus the soldiers we've lost rooting them out but hey...we got that license thing all figured out now. I guess the terrorists DID win. Enjoy your 13 virgin bitches, fucksticks!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.