HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Local Restaurant Review Forum
Posted by: VALegend ()
Date: June 22, 2005 10:18PM

I found this messageboard not too long ago, and it's a pretty good rundown of the restaurants in Prince William County. I talked to the guy that runs the site, and he was wanting some reviews from the Fairfax County area. If you're interested, hit it up:

http://www.nodirtydishes.com/forum/index.php

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local Restaurant Review Forum
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 23, 2005 12:44AM

I don't even know where to begin... I'd just Google restaurants you are thinking about going to for reviews.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: June 24, 2005 01:28AM

Bennigans at Fair Oaks Mall takes forever and then some plus it's expensive out the behind plan on paying at least 15 bucks for decent eats and that's drinking water.

Posted by: [MAC] ()
Date: June 27, 2005 05:56PM

I can recommend:
  • Connaught Place in downtown Fairfax off University Boulevard
  • Golden China Mongolian BBQ in Sully Place shopping center on Metrotech Drive
  • Oasis Indian Restaurant on Metrotech Drive
  • Minerva Indian restaurant off Centreville Road has an excellent lunch buffet
  • Sweetwater Tavern off Rt. 28 in Centreville is a great brewpub; the beer is fantastic and I've yet to have a bad meal there

Posted by: Matt tarp ()
Date: June 27, 2005 11:16PM

My recommendations:

Ciro's NY Pizza/Pasta in Centreville Square II
Taj Bar & Grill Indian lunch buffet on 123 in the Best Western Fairfax hotel, excellent butter chicken
Supper Club Of India on Worldgate Drive in Herndon, unique punjabi specialties
Sino's Inn in Centreville Square -- great chinese food
Neisha Thai in Tyson's
Best of Thai on University Drive in Fairfax downtown
Rose Restaurant - great Persian food on Rt. 7 in Falls Church
Kabob Bazaar - great persian restaurant in Clarendon
Cafe Montmartre - excellent trout almandine, located in lake anne plaza reston
Texas Roadhouse on Westfields Blvd, good choice for american food
Dave's Seafood & Sub -- best deep fried trout i've found in the area, but not as good as I would hope.... can anyone recommend a better place?
Banjara Indian in Ashburn Village, great buffet

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: June 27, 2005 11:25PM

texas roadhouse kicks ass, but the people over in the quad cities area of illinois/iowa WORSHIP it, and believe me when I say they are not to be emulated.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: June 28, 2005 06:01AM

Blue Iguana in Fair Lakes

Date: June 28, 2005 09:21AM

I'd stay away from sweetwater. I'm still trying to figure out why it's always so packed. EVERYTHING is over priced, from the beer to the food. The servings of food are tiny for how much they charge, and I really don't think their beer is really that great. It's not bad, but it's not the best local beer I've had thats for sure.

Texas Roadhouse is pretty damn good.

Best chinese food I think I've had in this area is in Westfields. Where the Safeway is and the Franks used to be. There's a little italian restaurant about two doors down. Best Seasame chicken and really good steamed dumplings. The service has always been excellent and fast. They remember us every time we go in there even if it's been a few months. It's mainly a take out joint and is usually slow for dine in, but it's well worth it.

As for Bennigans in Fair Oaks mall. I've banned that place since high school. Went there for a bday party. We had reservations and told them how many will be there. They still split us up into two totally seperate tables. We figured it would still be on one bill as they took our orders together, especially after we waited for over an hour to get our bill after they cleaned off our table. So we gave our money to the people that were still there and walked out. Which is when our waiter came running out and grabbed us and dragged us back into the restaurant. I demanded to speak to a manager which is when I told him everything that happend. He then offered to give me coupons to have our next meal free. I told him thats not good enough. He said that was all he could do. I told him I knew better then that but he wouldn't do anything. Which is when I said I'd never go back. And I haven't.

Posted by: CableDawg ()
Date: June 28, 2005 12:49PM

I'm a huge fan of Peruvian chicken (pollo brasso) and the best place is Pollo Real behind the Chipotle and Bank of America in Herndon. Make sure to get Yuca instead of fries. Well worth it. Another good place is El Pollo Rico in Arlinton/Ballston but they don't have Yuca.

I'm also a fan of BWU in Fairfax. They have pretty good happy hour prices ($3 23oz draft no matter what you order. $5 Natty pitchers all day for all you cheap asses with no taste). Quite a few attractive waitresses to check out and the rest of the staff is usually pretty cool. 39 cent wing night on Tuesdays if you want to check it out on the cheap.

Villa Bella in Burke (near the newish Wal-mart on Burke Centre Pkwy) is real good too. Small family atmosphere and not all that expensive. They even do the whole olive oil & pepper plate for your bread (which is also REAL good).

Flatop Grill in Clarendon/Ballston is great Mongolian BBQ. Dinner is $13 all you can eat. I would recommend going for a late lunch on a weekend since its a lot cheaper. Their Chocolate Thunder dessert is amazing as well.

Hav-A-Bite in Fairfax next to TTs is good too. Their homemade calzone is pretty big for ~$5.95

Posted by: VALegend ()
Date: June 28, 2005 03:36PM

I always go to Szechuan Delight for Chinese food, up there at Landmark Plaza. They have the best in the area, IMO.

Posted by: CERTenly238923892 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:16AM

CERT give glowing review!!!

Posted by: Hector ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:50AM

I think the quality of food at Vienna Taco Bell is very very very bad. wilted lettuce, funny tasting hamburger meat, stale taco shells

but food at Tysons Taco Bell is generally better. That Taco Bell is corporate owned. Vienna store is franchise. Owner of Vienna store also owns Burke Taco Bell. the Burke Taco Bell has higher prices than other Taco Bell's.

when I constipated I like Taco Bell
Beanie Weenie has gotten too espensive.

sorry my english not to good gringo losers

sodomy at a wine tasting?

Posted by: Capt. 20 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:01AM

Here's all you need to know about restaurants in NOVA...

Nationally Owned Chains = Bad

Locally/Regionally Owned Establishments = Better

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: October 13, 2011 12:51PM

Why the hell is CERT resurrecting old threads? Bored this week?

Posted by: Lamont CranstoneGLGj ()
Date: October 13, 2011 01:06PM

Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why the hell is CERT resurrecting old threads?
> Bored this week?

I don't know but, he's CERT so he gets to do what he wants around here. But, you make sure you go ahead and hold off on posting your anger about it...after all...we wouldn't want you to resurrect the thread too now, would we?!?!? Meta...

Mess with CERT? Die like the rest.

Posted by: 123456789 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:30PM

T.G.I.F Fridays in herndon is whack.

Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:48PM

Lamont CranstoneGLGj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shadow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why the hell is CERT resurrecting old threads?
> > Bored this week?
>
> I don't know but, he's CERT so he gets to do what
> he wants around here. But, you make sure you go
> ahead and hold off on posting your anger about
> it...after all...we wouldn't want you to resurrect
> the thread too now, would we?!?!? Meta...
>
> Mess with CERT? Die like the rest.

Don't mess with the CERT

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.