HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
how do I submit my name to Senator Mark Waner for the list of people who want inauguration tickets?
Posted by: CandiceD ()
Date: November 09, 2008 02:14AM

how do I submit my name to Senator Mark Waner for the list of people who want inauguration tickets?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do I submit my name to Senator Mark Waner for the list of people who want inauguration tickets?
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: November 09, 2008 02:28AM

http://inaugural.senate.gov/2009/tickets.cfm

Tickets to the 56th Inaugural Ceremonies will be provided free of charge and distributed through Members of the 111th Congress. The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies does not provide tickets to the public. Members of the public interested in attending the Inaugural Ceremonies should contact their Member of Congress or U.S. Senators to request tickets.

(if you go to the link above, "Member of Congress" and "U.S. Senators" are links to the pages that list contact info for each member.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2008 02:32AM by Bob.

Re: how do I submit my name to Senator Mark Waner for the list of people who want inauguration tickets?
Posted by: CB-2LC ()
Date: November 09, 2008 01:20PM

senator-elect MARK WARNER doesn't have a website yet....

retiring senator JOHN WARNER's office cannot take request for ticket,
since he's retiring... :(

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 09, 2008 02:21PM

Out of interest, for what areas do tickets cover? Can one still show up and hang out further down the Mall?

Date: November 09, 2008 10:52PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Out of interest, for what areas do tickets cover?
> Can one still show up and hang out further down
> the Mall?

I'm guessing the tickets are for seating (or standing area) on the actual steps of the capitol or in the reviewing stands along PA ave. Plus there's other things like luncheons, prayer breakfasts, etc, and the inaugural ball.

I should think that anywhere else along the motorcade route and on the lawns surrounding the capitol are open to the public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2008 10:56PM by Bob.

Date: November 09, 2008 10:55PM

CB-2LC Wrote:
> senator-elect MARK WARNER doesn't have a website
> yet....
>
> retiring senator JOHN WARNER's office cannot take
> request for ticket,
> since he's retiring... :(

I don't know if that's true, though.

Even if he can't issue tickets, I'm sure he can help you get in touch with Mark Warner's incoming staff in order to get tickets.

If it's impossible to get them from Mark through John's office, I'm sure Mark Warner has (or shortly will have) a local district office set up shortly. Check his campaign website.

Posted by: Silly fools ()
Date: November 11, 2008 01:10AM

Mark Warner is not a Senator, he has NO tickets to give out. He won't become a Senator until Obama becomes President. Since John Warner is a republican, I wouldn't think he'd get tickets from Obama.

Date: November 11, 2008 02:42AM

Silly fools Wrote:
> Mark Warner is not a Senator, he has NO tickets to
> give out. He won't become a Senator until Obama
> becomes President. Since John Warner is a
> republican, I wouldn't think he'd get tickets from
> Obama.

Obama doesn't issue the tickets. It is something all current senators and congressmen have the privilege of handing out to their constituents.

It isn't a party thing, you party ideologue.

ALL LEGISLATORS HAVE AN ALLOTED NUMBER OF TICKETS.

Posted by: Voter ()
Date: November 11, 2008 07:16AM

You have to request tickets from your incoming senator or congressman. I tried to request tickets from Tom Davis because he lives in my neighborhood and I felt like I might have a better chance with his office but got a message that he was retiring and I had to request tickets from Connolly. I voted for Connolly but have found him somewhat arrogant as chairman of the board of supervisors and don't have much hope that he'll fill my request. The only time I have ever sent a letter (e-mail) to an elected official and not gotten some kind of response was with Connolly. I sent an e-mail opposing the increase in the property tax rate they were considering and got nothing back--not even a canned response thanking me for my input. That's poor form, in my opinion.

Posted by: Voter ()
Date: November 11, 2008 02:06PM

From Gerry Connolly's web site:

Thank you for requesting tickets to the inauguration ceremony. Please understand that we are unable to accommodate all of the thousands of requests we have already received. Your name will be placed in a lottery. Winners will receive two tickets and requests are limited to one per household.

Thanks,

Team Connolly

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 11, 2008 05:12PM

I heard on the news that tickets are being scalped for crazy money, in the thousands. My guess is that most of the tickets will go to campaign workers and they'll set aside ten or so for the "lottery." In other words, chances of some Joe constituent getting tickets is likely as close to zero as mathematically possible.

You can still show up and hang out on the Mall, you just won't be on the steps or near enough to see without a jumbotron.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: November 11, 2008 05:36PM

Posted by: sinfulgirl ()
Date: November 18, 2008 03:12PM

Your best chance of getting tickets to the inauguration is through a Republican Member's office. Each Member's office is alloted a specific amount, however, if it is a Democrat's office you can guarantee those tickets have already been accounted for.

If you have relatives in another state, utilize the Member (Republican office) in your relative's district and you may have a better chance.

Good luck.

Date: November 09, 2012 09:05AM

Wish 4 tickets for the Inauguration Ceremony

Posted by: Capitol Hill ()
Date: November 09, 2012 09:18AM

Senator Warner's office monitors FFXU. Simply submit your request here in following format:

Name
Home Address
Cell Phone #
E-mail Address
Party Affiliation
Who you voted for in both the Presidential and Senatorial election just concluded.

Requests will be honored on a first come/first served basis. Tickets are limited.

Posted by: Yo Daddio ()
Date: November 09, 2012 09:19AM

How much did you donate to any of the winning campaigns? The bigger the donation, the higher the odds that you'll get tickets. What? You think that participating in democracy is free?

Posted by: JohnGalt ()
Date: November 09, 2012 10:24AM

Kind of like wanting to get a viewing of the Titanic as it goes down.

Posted by: Wish and it will come ()
Date: November 09, 2012 10:34AM

Charlotte E. Anderson Wrote:
> Wish 4 tickets for the Inauguration Ceremony

Capitol Hill Wrote:
> Senator Warner's office monitors FFXU. Simply
> submit your request here in following format:
>
> Name
> Home Address
> Cell Phone #
> E-mail Address
> Party Affiliation
> Who you voted for in both the Presidential and
> Senatorial election just concluded.
>
> Requests will be honored on a first come/first
> served basis. Tickets are limited.

You are wrong. Charlotte Anderson knows the correct way. "Wish (quantity) tickets for the Inauguration Ceremony" is the proper format.

Posted by: No one is going ()
Date: December 02, 2012 07:47PM

No one is going

Posted by: heres help ()
Date: December 02, 2012 08:03PM

Text "free stuff" on your obamaphone

Posted by: Reagan 4 US ()
Date: December 02, 2012 08:21PM

Inauguration Ceremony and tickets to all the parties are extremely hot ticket items right now. It is illegal to scalp the tickets but it looks like there a number of underground sites scalping them.

I usually try to sneak into the ball at the Willard.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.