HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Driving After Curfew- Passenger over 18?
Posted by: lolhuh ()
Date: July 03, 2011 02:15AM

So, I was pulled over around 1 am today. The officer stated that since I had a parking pass and a air freshner hanging from the rear view mirror, he had a reason to pull me over. I know that he was just trying to find a reason to search my car, I had no problem with him doing so. He runs my license, comes back, and tells me that I am driving after curfew. I told him I was under the belief that curfew ended after having your license for over a year. He then let me go, he didn't search me, my passenger, or my car. After a bit of research, I noticed that I could drive after curfew if my passenger was a parent or an adult acting as a parent. Since my passenger was over 18, couldn't they be considered an adult acting as a parent? My passenger does not hold a license, would that make any significant difference?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Driving After Curfew- Passenger over 18?
Posted by: Curfew stuff ()
Date: July 03, 2011 07:12PM

was over 18, couldn't they be considered an adult acting as a parent? My passenger does not hold a license, would that make any significant difference?

I'm a parent of an 18 & 16 yr old.
You are now old enough to drive after curfew.

DMV- the driving book on VA's DMV org site lists an adult acting as a parent as someone 21 and over. Your passenger at age 18 doesn't cut it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.