HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
nova cops
Posted by: not a fan ()
Date: May 27, 2011 08:39PM

Does anyone notice that cops seem to be everywhere lately??!! Cops is this area are such dicks. I'm all for them doing their job but sometimes they are just dicks for no reason....it is unnecessary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nova cops
Posted by: Murphyslaw ()
Date: May 27, 2011 09:07PM

Don't do illegal things and you won't have to deal with these "dicks." There are no more cops on the street then there were 2 year ago. In fact withe budget cuts, there are even less. It's unnecessary that there are cops on the street protecting your community? Some people speak poorly about the police, but are the first ones crying when they take more than 20 seconds to show up when they call. STFU

Posted by: I love a man in uniform ()
Date: May 27, 2011 09:09PM

Show me a DUI stop.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 27, 2011 09:12PM

@murphyslaw: no foolin, right?
Attachments:
you_win_one_internet_seal_gold_sticker-p217784919322442013qjcl_400.jpg

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 28, 2011 12:31AM

Hadn't noticed.

Posted by: Salesman ()
Date: May 28, 2011 12:39AM

I have definitely noticed an increase in police presence on the roads in the area. I think it's because of the bad economy and they need the cash. Why speed around here anyway? How much earlier are you really getting to your destination with all this traffic? Do the math, not much.

Posted by: Bwahahaha! ()
Date: May 29, 2011 01:13PM

not a fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone notice that cops seem to be everywhere
> lately??!! Cops is this area are such dicks. I'm
> all for them doing their job but sometimes they
> are just dicks for no reason....it is unnecessary

Someone got a ticket and instead of manning up that he was out of line wants to blame the cop.

Grow the hell up and take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming the cop for doing his job.

Every time I've been busted for something, I've been respectful, never had a problem. Every time I've seen someone have a problem with a cop being a "dick" it is because the person getting gigged started to act like an ass.

When a cop stops you, don't argue with him. Keep your fool mouth shut except to answer questions. Don't argue with the cop. Give short and direct answers, don't ramble on and try to justify whatever dumbass thing you were doing. Don't argue with the cop. Don't blather some shit about how you "know" your rights when you really don't. Did I mention don't argue with the cop? You can argue in front of a judge. You aren't going to argue a cop out of giving you a ticket, but if you're respectful he might cut you a break.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: May 31, 2011 07:06PM

They rove in packs doing "speed enforcement areas".

If you're lucky (or not speeding), you'll see someone else pulled over first and you can tone your shit down as you pass all the others waiting to give out tickets.

It will pass.

Posted by: Fairfax Resident ()
Date: June 01, 2011 02:06AM

Hahaha I like my nova cops being dicks, keeps the niggers out, and in DC and MD, in the mean time who gives a shit if they screw with some rich boy wanna be wiggers that "know my rights man".....keep being "dicks" and get the shitheads outta ffx

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: June 01, 2011 10:22AM

Hmm, are you noticing them because perhaps you are being less than legal yourself? Speeding a bit too much? Running that yellow light, hoping it doesn't switch to red before you get through the intersection, and when it does rapidly glancing around to see if the cops are near? Or maybe you've been too busy texting while driving to have noticed them before. :-)

Posted by: Boost Boy ()
Date: June 01, 2011 11:00AM

I hear both sides of these arguments, but if it isn't such a revenue producer, why not give some people a warning instead, and engender some good feeling about our having made a driving error. Just as effective for minor infractions (getting pulled over is embarrassment enough imo), and I'm not talking about running reds.

But they NEVER give warnings from what I hear, just sign and pay up. Times are hard right now and I think it would help to ease up a bit. They run radar all the time on Harrison Lane here in Alexandria. It's not about enforcement anymore, it's MONEY!

They also need more enforcement on passing red-lighted school buses...you see these morons go right by 'em every day. 2c worth.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 01, 2011 12:25PM

@boostboy - I've been given warning PLENTY o'times in my life here.

Posted by: Murphyslaw ()
Date: June 01, 2011 02:48PM

Boost Boy Wrote:
> I hear both sides of these arguments, but if it
> isn't such a revenue producer, why not give some
> people a warning instead, and engender some good
> feeling about our having made a driving error.
> Just as effective for minor infractions (getting
> pulled over is embarrassment enough imo), and I'm
> not talking about running reds.
>
> But they NEVER give warnings from what I hear,
> just sign and pay up. Times are hard right now and
> I think it would help to ease up a bit. They run
> radar all the time on Harrison Lane here in
> Alexandria. It's not about enforcement anymore,
> it's MONEY!
>
> They also need more enforcement on passing
> red-lighted school buses...you see these morons go
> right by 'em every day. 2c worth.

The idea of a traffic ticket is to make it hurt so you'll think twice about doing whatever behavior caused you to get pulled over. Getting warnings just makes most people feel that they got away with something and they rarely change their driving behavior. Slap someone with a $200 fine, the next time they think about speeding or running that red light, hopefully they'll think twice about it.

Posted by: good driver ()
Date: June 01, 2011 03:43PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @boostboy - I've been given warning PLENTY o'times
> in my life here.

I've had two warnings in my life (for that matter, I've only had three tickets in my life - been driving at least 40 years) - one was in Montgomery County on a short downhill curving stretch - I was probably 10 over the very slow (like 30) limit (mostly due to the hill). In the right seat was a real babe, giggling the entire time. And the State cop who waved us over was a very young hunk (probably about at the lower limit of eligibility). I thanked him for the warning and drove away - said giggling babe exclaimed right thereafter "Wow! He was good looking!" Lol!

I was married at the time to the babe...

The other time I got a warning was right here in Good Ol' Fairfax - a van crossed from left to right on a two lane turning situation - I was behind him before that (turning left) - then he came right back over to the left lane after I was already next to him - slam. I got a warning for tailgating or something similar. Screamed bloody murder and asked for the cop's supervisor. Said supervisor said "This is a private road; we don't have jurisdiction here; sorry, I'll take care of that" and took the warning back from me. Awhile later the "case" went to arbitration between the insurance companies and I won...great...my brand-new car with about 1000 miles on it was "repaired" for "free".

Posted by: MemorialDay ()
Date: June 01, 2011 04:01PM

They were out in #'s over the weekend because of Memorial Day. People driving drunk, traveling, good ways to give out tickets. This is common every year on that weekend and 4th of July. 1/2 of them are making over-time money as well. Get used to it or move to Frederick.

Posted by: ithinkso ()
Date: June 01, 2011 09:55PM

I seems to me that 90% of the cops in Fairfax county are revenue generators for the 10% that may be doing useful work. Generally most career long cops - not the ones from the military or on second careeers - are the worst of the bunch and are not to be trusted .

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: June 02, 2011 09:06AM

Sooo much bullshit in this thread...

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Posted by: ithinkusuck ()
Date: June 02, 2011 11:03PM

ithinkso Wrote:
> I seems to me that 90% of the cops in Fairfax
> county are revenue generators for the 10% that may
> be doing useful work. Generally most career long
> cops - not the ones from the military or on second
> careeers - are the worst of the bunch and are not
> to be trusted .

Yeah, some washed up tool, double dipping who got drummed out for "failure to promote" Got plenty of those around

Posted by: Wow people keep taking my names ()
Date: June 03, 2011 11:32AM

They suck and are rude and abuse their power of owning a police car.Oh damn its a red light but i dont wanna sit here, im gonna flip my lights on and go right through.

Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: June 04, 2011 06:21PM

If you want to see something funny, sit out on Popes Head Road after a FCPD social and watch all the drunks roll out. Free pass home under the Blue Shield.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.