HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Burke Lake Road
Posted by: Burke Dude ()
Date: April 04, 2011 11:20AM

Does anyone know who I can contact about the overgrown sidewalks and the broken section of fence between Lake Braddock High School and Coffer Woods? The owners of the destroyed fence don't seem to be interested in fixing this eye sore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Burke Lake Road
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 04, 2011 11:22AM

Why don't you go knock on their door? That or mind your own business.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 04, 2011 11:34AM

Burke Dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know who I can contact about the
> overgrown sidewalks and the broken section of
> fence between Lake Braddock High School and Coffer
> Woods?

Yeah, you can call 1-888-MindYourOwnFuckinBusiness

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: April 04, 2011 02:38PM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Yeah, you can call 1-888-MindYourOwnFuckinBusiness

Real neighborly. I guess you wouldn't mind if your next door neighbor decided to use his front yard as the display area for his broken down car and appliance collection. Also an overgrown sidewalk and collapsing fence can make the sidewalk unsafe to use, and on Burke Lake Road moving over into the street isn't really a safe option.

To the OP if you are not a resident of the same neighborhood as this property your options may be limited. You could file a complaint through the office of the local supervisor. They may be able to force the guy to take down the fence and they can clean up the overgrowth. If that stretch of road has been claimed by one of the road cleanup people you could contact them about doing it, or about them authorizing you to do it for them. I believe a few years back a local judge ruled that they were authorized to remove anything unauthorized from the VDOT ROW assigned to them, including those annoying signs. Or you could don some black clothing, slip over in the middle of the night with a pickup truck and do it yourself, while humming the theme song from Mission Impossible. Just remember that if you are caught, Fairfax Underground will disavow your actions.

Posted by: Braddock ()
Date: April 04, 2011 03:39PM

That's a pretty long section of road you're referencing. I recommend calling Supervisor Cook's office; he's the Board of Supervisors rep for that area. Be very specific about where the places are the worst (address of the house w/the decrepit fence and the places that are most overgrown). I've found that the more general you are in your complaint the less chance something will be done.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 04, 2011 03:40PM

a bb gun to the porchlight or any windshield of the car in the driveway, along with a type-written note can work wonders :)

Posted by: trying ()
Date: April 04, 2011 04:47PM

If it is affecting the sidewalk then VDOT - go to their site and put in a problem report - or call your local Fairfax County supervisor's office

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.