HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chima's
Posted by: steak guy ()
Date: February 26, 2011 01:10PM

so whats the deal, is Chima's in tysons any good, heard its a little expensive but they've got good smoked salmon can anyone confirm its worth the $60 or so bucks a head?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chima's
Posted by: aly_d ()
Date: February 26, 2011 09:44PM

It's good, but you're right that it's pricey. I thought it was $50/head. Get on their mailing list and they'll immediately send you a coupon for buy one meal, get one half off. Plus, they periodically run specials for their mailing list where you can get close to 50% off.

Posted by: check em out ()
Date: February 27, 2011 01:59AM

Chima is great but not cheap. Throw in a bottle of wine, dessert, coffee and tip and you're at $200 for you and your date.

The good news is that its basically all the steak (chicken, salmon, lamb, swordfish...) you can eat plus a stunning, decadent salad bar. And, it's physically a beautiful place with a great bar scene. I go every other month. Suck up the $200 and head on over. Use Open Table for reservations.

Posted by: steak guy ()
Date: February 27, 2011 08:33AM

Went last night...superb presentation, excellent cuts of beef and the best of all it gave my wife a good opportunity to really figure out which cuts of steak she preferred, like I had been telling her Fillet Mignon is not the end all be all of steak, the rib eye was out of this world. The salad bar was impressive, but i'm not too big on green foods so i stuck mainly to the smoked salmon which was also out of this world. bottle of wine, double shot of espresso/cappuccino, desert end tip and we came out at $200 as stated above. I've heard there are lower end places that go for the same effect? Texas De Brazil and Malibu grill...are they anywhere near as good?

Posted by: avoid ()
Date: February 27, 2011 05:28PM

avoid Maliu Grill...it's crap...I would rank the Brazilian steakhouses as follows:

1) Fogo de Chao
2) Chima
3) Texas de Brazil
4) Malibu Grill

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: February 27, 2011 10:00PM

I've been to Chima three times, and Texas de Brazil about six times. Chima is closer and I discovered it first, but I think TdB is just as good, and it's a little less expensive and easier to get a reservation.

TdB has lobster bisque, which is one of my favorites, so I luuuuvv that.

I'll probably go back to Chima next time, just to refresh my opinion.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:04PM

I went to Chima in December and really enjoyed it. There was a lot to choose from at the salad bar and even just the selection of food they bring to the table was excellent. We had a nice bottle of wine and Louis XIII for "dessert". I don't want to know what that meal cost.

I've heard that Fogo de Chao is better, but Chima was much more convenient.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.