HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pleasant Valley Rd at Cox Farms is all fucked up
Posted by: ^ee^ ()
Date: February 03, 2011 11:51PM

Water drainage has always been a problem on the south side of the 4-way intersection but this is the worst I've ever seen. There has been so much standing water on the road that the cars driving through it have sprayed the trees along the side to the point where they are a solid wall of ice. Of course, the road is a freakin skating rink too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pleasant Valley Rd at Cox Farms is all fucked up
Posted by: Fully Agree ()
Date: February 03, 2011 11:56PM

All those freakin' cedar trees that line Pleasant Valley road need to be cleared for the first mile from the intersection with Braddock Road. Then, they need to dig some appropriate sized ditches to handle the water run off. The current ditches are only 6" or 7" deep in some spots, so the water works it's way out onto Pleasant Valley road and makes a big mess.

I'm not sure where Fairfax Co. ends and Loudoun County begins on Pleasant Valley Road. However, I suspect that the section might belong to Loudoun County - and, they've just neglected the obvious for quite a few years now. The same can be said for the Loudoun County stretch of Bull Run Post Office road between Rt 29 and the rest of Loudoun County. The road isn't so bad in the Fairfax Co. section. However, just as soon as you get past the sign for Loudoun County, it all goes to shit.

Posted by: Lynnette ()
Date: February 04, 2011 12:09AM

The flooded section of Pleasant Valley Road is in Fairfax County.

Posted by: wylderman ()
Date: February 04, 2011 12:11AM

I just drove through the 4 way traffic stop on Braddock. Pleasant Valley is not closed and there are some big trucks out there spreading deicer chemicals or something

Posted by: wylderman ()
Date: February 04, 2011 12:11AM

I meant to say "now closed"

Posted by: just me ()
Date: February 04, 2011 08:48AM

It's going to continue to get worse until it the county does something about it. I do believe that Pleasant Valley is all in FFXCo.

Posted by: Fully Agree ()
Date: February 04, 2011 11:32AM

just me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's going to continue to get worse until it the
> county does something about it. I do believe that
> Pleasant Valley is all in FFXCo.

I'll agree with your statement. However, nothing will be done until there is a terrible accident at that intersection and people die because of it. It's sad that it takes situations like this to happen before we see change. But, that's the way it seems to work.

Posted by: Grilled Cheese ()
Date: February 04, 2011 03:04PM

I think its a relatively safe intersection... I haven't heard about any crashes there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.