HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
no jr on ticket
Posted by: doug ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:33PM

did not include (jr) onmy ticket will that work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no jr on ticket
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:35PM

Yes! You got this! Go to court and tell the judge!

Posted by: doug ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:35PM

the ticked did not have (jr) on it willthat work?

Posted by: Beyond Doubt ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:29AM

Yes, you can beat it, because if it doesn't have jr, then it's not you.

If the name on the ticket is not yours, the judge will have no alterative, but to dismiss the case due to administrative errors.

You should tell the cop to kiss your ass before you go into court. He will be powerless to get you now.

Posted by: Mr GFR ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:30AM

um...no it wont. but go ahead and try it.

Posted by: SNRS ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:41AM

Had the same thing happened to me. Just send them an email, if they dont reply that means its all okay and the ticket has been dismissed.

Posted by: Perry Masonite ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:49AM

That's my facortite thing about going to traffic court - watching the idiots who are sure that they'll get off on a "technicality" getting their shit shot down. lol

Posted by: Nomasnomas ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:59AM

When I got a ticket in college and got a $65 fine, my roommate told me to write a check for $66, because Virginia will send another check to you for $1 for the difference, and nothing goes on your record until that VA check has been deposited and the 'transaction' is complete.

I didn't even try it although I wondered if I should have after my insurance spiked...

Posted by: LawMann ()
Date: August 27, 2013 01:10AM

Nah that shit doesn't work man. Don't listen to these dumb asses. Get a lawyer.

Basically the judge will add an "aka" and write a second name with the "jr." at the end. Then they'll stick the long dick of the law up your ass.

That sending extra cash that Nomasnomas is talkin about doesn't work anymore either.

Posted by: haha U fail ()
Date: August 27, 2013 07:55AM

The judge will ask if you are driving the car if you say no the cop will say you were and you will go to jail

Posted by: Fairfax Courthouse ()
Date: August 27, 2013 08:32AM

You didn't say whether your ticket was in Fairfax or not.

If it is in Fairfax, however, then, you don't need to get into the whole "jr" thing. While speaking to the judge, stare at him or her straight in the eyes, and with your left hand lightly touch your right ear lobe.

Case Dismissed. Don't ask why.

Posted by: Cybill ()
Date: August 27, 2013 08:59AM

Just tell the judge that you weren't aware of the speed, because you were focused on looking for children and animals in the road due to safety and you couldn't have exceeded the speed limit for more than a moment. When the judge hears that you were focused on safety and you would have adjusted your speed had you been aware of it, he'll dismiss the charge, because it's foolish to fine a safe driver that's more concerned with other people's safety than you own. Also, point out that you've been meaning to get your speedometer calibrated, because you've noticed that it sometimes reads low. Then point out that the manufacturer should have installed a better quality speedometer to ensure these types of misunderstandings don't happen. Then ask for voluntary driver safety school in lieu of a conviction. And, ask where you can sign up to volunteer to pick up trash on the side of the road to keep Virginia and Fairfax looking good. Then point out that you weren't charged with drunk driving and system should focus on the positive aspects of your driving. Also, point out that you've been distressed lately due to the high property taxes that support local services.

If you do all that with a sincere look in your eyes, the judge will dismiss the charge and reprimand the cop for hassling a good citizen.

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:33AM

I had a ticket thrown out in DC, cause the cop didn't cross the T in my name.
Does your license say Jr ? You'll need to go to court to do this, but it's well worth it. Somewhere there must be a written regulation on how tickets must be written, research it.

Posted by: Nopes ()
Date: August 27, 2013 11:05AM

Nope. It's a Scrivener's error and if the birth date and address are correct, the Jr isn't necessary.

Posted by: yupper!@# ()
Date: August 27, 2013 01:05PM

Not gonna work. Trust me, the cops and judges are in cahoots. Unless it is a hyuge error (wrong vehicle model), it'll stick.

Posted by: On the road to becoming senior ()
Date: August 27, 2013 01:21PM

You one smart junior. Did you get this from a senior,junior?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.