HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Clifton Haunted Trail
Posted by: BOO ()
Date: October 22, 2009 02:35PM

Has anyone been to this before?
I saw the signs while driving through Clifton this morning, and checked the website www.cliftonhauntedtrail.com, but have never been. Is it any good? The website says not for young children. How young? I'd like to bring my kids, but don't want them to have nightmares.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clifton Haunted Trail
Posted by: mgnut ()
Date: October 22, 2009 03:16PM

First off, I think it will be rained out like last year.

I've been to it each year for the past 7 or 8 years except last year as I mentioned.

How young are you talking about? I've taken my neice and nephew when they were about 8 years old and they enjoyed the walk.

The walk has many different poritons. Some portions they usually have scarecrows up ever 10 yards alternating from one side of the path to another. Most are fake scarecrows and some are real people ready to leap out at you. Also in this area some people like in the bugs and weeds and spring out at you. If you are not expecting this then you can be suprised.

Other areas might have fake spider webs or even some rednecks eating fake flesh off of a fake body.

Take them if its open.

Posted by: BOO ()
Date: October 22, 2009 03:48PM

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the site again, and they've posted a rain date for Sunday, Oct. 25th.

I think I'll go ahead and take the kids. My youngest might get a little freaked out, he's 6, but I can't take one without the other so I'll just have to take my chances.

Posted by: Rebecca ()
Date: October 25, 2009 09:10AM

If you didn't go, you missed out! It was very well done and very scary. Make sure you go next year.

Posted by: james ()
Date: October 25, 2009 11:53AM

I bet it was really muddy last night after all that rain.

Posted by: Rebecca ()
Date: October 25, 2009 07:10PM

It was a little muddy, not too bad. They had put down lots of straw which helped. We were one of the first groups so it was probably worse later in the night when all the straw had been walked on.

By the time we went to Petersons for 'i-scream' (that cracks me up) and walked back to the car, the kid's shoes didn't even need washing off.

Posted by: Boo ()
Date: October 28, 2010 02:45PM

I heard its Oct 30th this year. Weather looks nice too. http://cliftonhauntedtrail.com

Posted by: ffxmom ()
Date: October 28, 2010 03:09PM

It's great! We went last year. For kids, it depends on your kid, but ours were 7 and 10. The 7 year old was ready to go about half way through, but my 10 yr. old loved it. My 7 yr. old can't wait to go back this year. It didn't scare him too bad, but again, it depends on your kid.

If the weather is nice, as it's supposed to be, I heard they are having "Monster Movies under the moon" and I think I heard that Bonefish Grill is going to be set up somewhere? I don't know where I read/heard that, so don't hold me to it. The concession stand last year had all kinds of goodies for sale.

We had a great time. Plan on going again this year!

Posted by: Warlock ()
Date: October 28, 2010 05:35PM

Liz Bradsher is expected to do a flyover on her brand new broom about 10:00.

Posted by: I'll get you my pretty ()
Date: October 28, 2010 06:54PM

Warlock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liz Bradsher is expected to do a flyover on her
> brand new broom about 10:00.

+1

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 28, 2010 07:45PM

I was told to check out the "Field of Screams" this year, but I think it'll be too crowded this weekend (It's also a drive all the way around I-495 into MD). I found a similar event closer by in Chantilly, but I have no idea how good that one is in comparison.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.