HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Beating a traffic ticket?
Posted by: mbh703 ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:15PM

So again the great folks at the Fairfax County Police Department decided they would launch a campaign against those of us going to work and trying to make a living for ourselves. Rather than catching child molesters, rapists, drug dealers, or murderers they go after the worst kind of citizens in this county...commuters.

Anyways before I start ranting about the police in this area, I received a nice little ticket today from some fine officer who couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 years on the force.

I was driving on one of my residential streets turning right onto Majestic Ln. (another residential street) towards 50 west. I slowed down to a crawl looked both directions and turned right. I see a cop jump out of his car and throw his radar detector aside like somebody stole his doughnut. He proceeded to walk out in the middle of the street and wave me to the side of the road.

Now let's see here:
1. If I didn't see you that quickly pop out you could have been run over.
2. Did you mother never teach you to jump out in the middle of the street?

Anyways, Barney Fife comes over ready to give me a life sentence because I apparently just ran a stop light. He told me that I didn't even come to a rolling stop (untrue) and that I cut out in front of another car (again untrue).

There is a lot of overhanging bushes obstructing the cop's view of the stop sign. At his vantage point you can barely make out the stop sign itself. What's more is that he was in his car gunning down that road for speeders. How was he able to look down a small radar detector and at the same time catch me allegedly not stopping at a stop sign with an obstructed view by bushes? Very interesting.

In any case I'm hoping some experienced folks on this board can help me beat this ticket. I have had no traffic, speeding, misdemeanors, felonies, etc. on my record. It is a clean slate. I figure that has to have some good bearing on my outcome. But then again it's Fairfax County so anything is possible. I just don't want the points on my license and I don't want this to be something on my record.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beating a traffic ticket?
Posted by: nva11 ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:18PM

YOUR A DUMBASS - GOTO COURT AND ADMIT YOUR AT FAULT.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:25PM

mbh703 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I slowed down
> to a crawl looked both directions and turned
> right.

Hm. This indicates to me you are in somewhat of a gray area. You just may beat this yet! Get a lawyer! Whatever the cost!

Dumbass?
Posted by: mbh703 ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:26PM

nva11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOUR A DUMBASS - GOTO COURT AND ADMIT YOUR AT
> FAULT.

Thanks for your great insight. We need more of this around here!

"Dumbass".

Re: Dumbass?
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:54PM

YeH dumass, go to court amd adnit your mistake.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: you could get lawyer or save money ()
Date: August 04, 2010 05:02PM

go to the area and document everything. take pictures of where the police car was parked and a picture from where it was parked aimed towards the bushes. take more pics of the bushes, draw up a diagram of the intersection..just document everything.
then get in to court, ask the officer if he is proving his case based off of notes or memory of the event, explain your case and show diagram and pics (dont forget to mention he was looking through a radar gun at the time), and then remind the judge that you have a clean slate out of how many years you have been driving.

good luck

Posted by: Serial Rapist Guy ()
Date: August 04, 2010 05:03PM

You're no better than me- quit h8n!

Posted by: skavman ()
Date: August 04, 2010 08:05PM

My advice, just pay the ticket. If your sphincter is as clean as you claim, it probably won't effect your insurance rates. If you want to fight it in court, take photos of all the impediments you claim exist in obstructing the cops view, and present them to the judge, along with your story. This minor infraction is not worth the cost of paying a lawyer unless you are bent on making some point, but it's going to be a he said/he said kind of case, and your story is not thick enough to sway any judge that I know. Even in your own recounting of the event, you never say you came to a full stop at the stop sign. You slowed to a crawl,and then turned. Thats a moving violation, no matter how far away the uniformed tax collector was sitting.

Jumping out in the street to nail people is old hat. They have been doing that at the bottom of the hill on Guinea road where it meets Olley Lane going into Lake Braddock for years. Two days ago, I saw a single cop motion over two cars for speeding at one time at the bottom of Guinea. Also, they do it at the bottom of hill on Pickett Road approaching rt. 50., and I have seen them jump out at the top of Pickett Road too, going the other way.

IMHO, your case is pretty weak. I would save the time,energy,and money lost persuing a scenario as you outlined

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.