HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Reasonable pet care in NOVA
Posted by: papergirl43 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:33PM

Does anyone know any vaccine clinics or low cost spay/neuter places that I can take my dog to? I just rescued a stray puppy and I really need to find somewhere that's reasonably priced because I'm still reeling from the 5000 dollar vet bill I got when my German Shepherd passed away 3 months ago. I'm definately going to get insurance this time aroud, but I don't want to have to meet my 100 dollar deductible each time, and especially when the office visit alone is 40 bucks. If anyone knows some good vets that are reasonably priced or about any clinics, that'd be great!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasonable pet care in NOVA
Posted by: dog_luvr ()
Date: October 23, 2008 08:29PM

I've used Hometown Vet Clinic for the past 12 years. Great staff, reasonably priced and the Vet (Dr. Melanie Smith) is very knowledgable. She is the only one I would allow to work on my rottie until he passed. My son and I just bought a new puppy 4 months ago and she's the only one that sees our new boxer. She is located on Franconia Rd. near the Franconia police station. As far as getting the dog neutered/spayed, animal shelters will do it for less. They really encourage that you get your dog "fixed" due to that overwhelming population of rescued/stray dogs. Hope this helps you out. The vet's phone number is: 703-922-9861. Good luck in your search. Hope everything works out for you.

Re: Reasonable pet care in NOVA
Posted by: DogLuvR ()
Date: October 23, 2008 08:49PM

Try Town and Country Animal Hospital at Fairfax Circle. 703 273-2110. When you call, tell them you want to contact "SpayInc" and see if they (Town and Country) can give you the phone # for SpayInc. Call SpayInc and they will give you a control # that you can give to Town and Country and they will give you a super discount on spaying your dog. Be patient, you will have to wait for a callback from SpayInc, but they will probably save you 50% off the cost of spaying your pooch.

Town and Country is a wonderful vet.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.