HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Advice needed for commuting
Posted by: NOVANOW ()
Date: May 15, 2010 10:30PM

I will be driving from Exit 52 (Fairfax/Annandale) on the Beltway to Exit 44 (McLean). I need to be at work about 7:45 am and will be leaving about 3:30 pm. How bad will traffic on the beltway be and are there any alternative routes I can take?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Advice needed for commuting
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 15, 2010 11:25PM

You're screwed. Unless...you attach shredder extensions to your rims, and flame throwers to your bumper.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: You'reScrewed ()
Date: May 16, 2010 12:04AM

Yeah, you're pretty much screwed. Don't take the job. Either that or take the job and move closer to McLean. There are no real alternate routes from 236 to the CIA. It will suck until they finish construction on the HOT lanes.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 16, 2010 08:15AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: Peter Venkman ()
Date: May 16, 2010 09:04AM

Wow, you picked the perfect storm of shitty commutes. All I can say is make sure your A/C works, you have XM radio to pass the time and a full prescription of blood pressure meds.

Posted by: early bird ()
Date: May 16, 2010 09:40AM

What he can't leave the house at 5 am?

Date: May 16, 2010 09:52AM

The morning drive will suck. The drive home at 3:30pm shouldn't be horrible. As for alternatives, there isn't much. Depending on where you work in McLean, you might try Gallows Road and cutting through the Tyson's shopping center. But I'm not sure if the extra miles and traffic signals will really shorten the commute. Traffic on Gallows that time of the morning isn't too bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 16, 2010 10:49AM

white-space.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 10:35AM by WingNut.

Posted by: 12345 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 11:27AM

Beltway commute north through that area and I-66 interchange has improved since there's now only one lane coming on from I-66. It's actually a lot better than it used to be, although I'm sure it sucks if you are trying to come from 66. I used to make that commute from Braddock Rd. exit and that was no fun, but the bulk of my time was actually inching up Braddock to get on 495. Once I got on the freeway, it wasn't great but at least it usually moved. You'll be sitting in traffic, but the actual time it will take you (depending on how long it actually takes you to get on the freeway) will not be an unreasonable commute for this area. Probably somewhere around 30 min.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:10PM

+1 for the satellite radio, it really helps make the time go by faster.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.