HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
O'tooles
Posted by: mary ()
Date: January 07, 2010 08:26AM

I was shocked when I discovered O'Tooles was no longer in Centreville. What happened to this place? Anyone know??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: O'tooles
Date: January 07, 2010 08:36AM

I heard they are opening up a adult book store in o'Tools place.
This will be a great way to get things like strap-ons, dildos, lubes ect. without having to wait for the post office when ordering online.
I even asked the owner to reserve me a copy of Februarys College Cunts centerfold edition.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: January 07, 2010 08:47AM

It isn't? I know a few months back they were doing some work in the strip mall and took down all of the business signs. O'Tools was still there though, they just put a sign up in the windows.

I haven't looked since driving by recently. How did you find out it was gone?

Posted by: Is it Frday yet? ()
Date: January 07, 2010 09:34AM

The building permit on the window is for a korean restaurant.

Posted by: A.P.B. ()
Date: January 07, 2010 09:49AM

Attention all CATS and DOGS in Centerville!

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: January 07, 2010 12:33PM

mary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was shocked when I discovered O'Tooles was no
> longer in Centreville. What happened to this
> place? Anyone know??

It fell down a well.

Date: January 07, 2010 02:46PM

I was there on Saturday..looked in the window so see the place had been gutted. Yes, there was a ABC license for an Asian Restaurant..

Posted by: atothej ()
Date: January 08, 2010 04:41PM

The owners, who were in their late 70's retired and sold it to the highest bidder. End of story.

Date: January 08, 2010 05:53PM

Not for Cats and Doggs it's not!

Posted by: for tools ()
Date: January 08, 2010 06:05PM

I'm sorry to say if you went here you were a tool. End of Story

Posted by: knew this would happen ()
Date: January 08, 2010 06:34PM

mary Wrote:
> I was there on Saturday..looked in the window so
> see the place had been gutted. Yes, there was a
> ABC license for an Asian Restaurant..

there is a big surprise, Annandale part 2

Posted by: Otooles ()
Date: January 09, 2010 12:39AM

Otooles closed partially b/c the owners were up there in age. But their landlords gave them the boot mostly.

A Korean Buffet is supposed to go in there, and they aquired the space to the left of Old Otooles as well.

The Chinese place in there is having a fit about the Korean Buffet. Apparently there isnt supposed to be any other chinese food in there while they are there.

But they sold everything out if it and gutted it.

I miss that place, I spent many nights pressing play in that DJ Booth.

Date: January 11, 2010 11:09AM

That's too bad that they were booted. Korean buffet won't be getting my business...yuck.
Disgusting..annandale part 2

Posted by: laur ()
Date: January 12, 2010 05:08PM

Heard it was becoming a velocity 5

Posted by: Timmy O'Toole ()
Date: January 12, 2010 05:56PM

jhey Wrote:
> mary Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was shocked when I discovered O'Tooles was no
> > longer in Centreville. What happened to this
> > place? Anyone know??
>
> It fell down a well.

We better notify Sting

Posted by: KBOI ()
Date: January 18, 2010 03:42PM

The asians gonna rule Centreville soon, if not already.

Posted by: MJ ()
Date: February 22, 2010 11:41AM

The place has been shuttered for more than a year. Apparently the new Korean owners were tying to pull some typical shady operations regarding their building permit, (are you surprised?) so they have been unable to get it functional.

I also have it on good source that the landlords are a greedy bunch who want to much in a down market. That seems to be what put the brakes on the Korean Buffet. Of course a quick look around Centreville would reveal lots of other Korean Buffets, Karaokes, and such, but according to a well placed source named Jung, it is the intention of the Korean Community to take over Centreville and drive out the round-eyes and other inferior races.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: February 22, 2010 12:11PM

I heard the second owners sold O'tooles back to the original owner because they wanted to cash out. The old owner then sold off everything in the place because the lease had been increased. It's a shame that place is sitting empty.

Date: February 23, 2010 07:25AM

For what it's worth, the Bar Flies have found a new heap of dung on which to congregate just around the corner called Red Rocks. But since the Korean Kommunity is taking over that shopping center as well, look for The Rock to become a Kimshi Buffet soon, too.

Re: O'tooles, last word
Date: April 01, 2010 08:22AM

Okay, so here's the latest:

I was talking to Kieth, the owner of Bungalow Billiards the other night over at Velocity 5, (across from Caraba's). He had been approached about taking O'toole's as a BB but declined.

The original owner had self-financed the purchase of his business by the Korean couple that bought it from him. The new owners walked away, handing the place back to the older folks with only 2 or 3 months left on the lease. The shopping center owners then jacked the rent so high that it wasn't practical to stay on. They only had a few days to sell what they could. And of course all of the staff had just a couple of days notice before they were out of work.

As Kieth explained, O'toole's was well past it's prime. It had become the crap palace it was with only the same hard-core clientele despite all the improvements and huge billiards hall. The rent was too expensive. The location, the parking lot and approaches weren't conducive to the volume needed to support a Bungalow Billiards.

So now the old flys and much of the staff are at Red Rocks. The new Velocity 5 over in the Trinity cluster is a real hoping place that is far more fun and interesting the either O'toole's or Red Rocks. And there are always attractive young ladies, unlike the Old Tool box.

Posted by: charlie can ()
Date: April 04, 2010 11:36AM

You think possible the Koreans who bought o'toole's from original owners purposely tanked to create an opening for the korean buffett to sneak in
maybe the korean buyers of o'tooles knew the koreans who wanted to open buffett and had piece of action or got paid to tank. are the owners of that shopping center american and i don't mean pseudo americans(1st generation et al)
is the gifted listener safe for now or are they looking for new spot?

is the velocity5 out in centreville better than one in merrifield?
merrifield location was firstin chain wasn't it?
yet they got small tv's and not much of a crowd most of time

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.