HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cadillac Nation
Posted by: bowser ()
Date: February 04, 2010 01:05PM

I spent 3 years in New Jersey outside of Philly, and it seemed that for the most part, if you had money, you drove a caddy. I recently visited my inlaws in Orlando, and down there, every single retiree who wasn't living in a trailer and still could drive had a caddy. Up here, I rarely see them at all, and if someone's got money, it's usually a high end german car, or a high end japanese car.
Are they not status symbols in this area, or are they just pieces of crap and the foreign jobs are better cars?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cadillac Nation
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 04, 2010 01:20PM

BMW

end of thread

:-)

Posted by: nope ()
Date: February 04, 2010 02:10PM

I used to think Caddy's were a status symbol too when I was younger.

Then I realized that I got this assumption from MTV videos, and not being a wigger, I decided that I would not want to buy a Caddy.

BMW/Mercedes/Lexus/Infiniti/Audi>Caddilac

Date: February 04, 2010 03:16PM

The old ones were big boxy POS that leaked oil alot & had weak trannys.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 04, 2010 03:32PM

white-space.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 10:15AM by WingNut.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 04, 2010 03:55PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BMW
>
> end of thread
>
> :-)

I'll respond to my own post to add this...

Caddys have gotten much better over the years. You know why? They had to! They were getting killed and those old big cars that floated like boats were losing ground to cars that could handle and stop on a dime. GM was smart to notice that Americans cared about performance. If it wasn't for the Escalade they would be much worse off.

On Motor Week a few months back they had a competition between a BMW M5 and a Cadillac CTS-V. The Caddy really surprised me with how well it handled and how fast it was, beating the M5 in a number of categories. However, it may be too little to late as evidence by this thread.

Posted by: Morty Seinfeld ()
Date: February 04, 2010 06:53PM

They are a dime a dozen down here in Del Boca Vista.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: February 04, 2010 08:14PM

My dad was from the midwest and was always a huge Cadillac/GM fan. We always had caddies in California but mercedes and BMW were more popular. Most people around here seem to drive Asian cars (myself included). Personally if I had the money I would probably only go with an Acura or Lexus. I want a car that is reliable number 1.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.