HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
snow days
Posted by: Procrastinate ()
Date: December 20, 2009 10:04AM

What are the chances of FCPS having school this week?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: snow days
Posted by: A Young Kid ()
Date: December 20, 2009 10:26AM

I think you stand a chance to get a two hour delay tomorrow, but I would not count on getting the day off. Times have changed since the county will close down school for a little ice or snow. Do your homework. I've already emailed them and left a VM letting them know it's not terribly bad and school should probably start on time, fortunately.

Be sure to clean up the road in front of your house so it is passable and will create the image of clean and safe in case county scout vehicles are on the prowl looking for closure justification. We don't want to have to make up these days during summer now, do we? So do your homework, like me. Hope for the best (open on time), but prepare for the worst (closed). Though I think we will all be going in on time tomorrow morning so no need to worry.

Posted by: Rebecca ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:00AM

A Young Kid....you have to remember that not everyone lives in a location that will have the streets plowed immediately. Places like Great Falls and Clifton have dangerous roads that will take days to clear, not to mention the neighborhood roads. I doubt there will be school again before New Years.

Posted by: Mollie ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:15AM

There's no way we can have school tomorrow. I'm in Vienna and they haven't plowed any of the streets in my neighborhood. We can't get either of our cars up the hill. There's no way a school bus could get around here. And I'm not even in the worst area. Imagine what Oakton, Great Falls, and Reston must be like!

Posted by: joe snow blow ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:31AM

school will be canceled. There are 5 foot snow banks in front of everyone's driveway on my street.

Posted by: wtf ()
Date: December 20, 2009 12:45PM

A Young Kid
wtf.. we get a certain number of days off of school that don't have to made up.
Why not just start Christmas break early?

Posted by: Trust FCPS ()
Date: December 20, 2009 01:17PM

Trust FCPS to handle it in the worst possible way. They'll announce that schools will open on time. Then half the bus drivers won't show up, the remaining buses will skip half their stops or get stuck, thousands of kids will be left standing in the snow at bus stops, and thousands of moms will be spinning out trying to drive their kids to school. Then after the media reports that FCPS once again blew it, FCPS will announce tomorrow night that school is canceled for Tuesday and Wednesday. Been there, done that.

Posted by: Parent ()
Date: December 20, 2009 03:35PM

Fairfax county will be fucking retarded if they do not close school Monday and Tuesday. If they leave school open i believe they are trying to kill the kids including my child.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 03:57PM

There's the fake parent again, go to hell you little shit ^

Posted by: confused ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:42PM

okay so im not sure if we have school cause fcps schools are gay and ummm yea
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's no way we can have school tomorrow. I'm
> in Vienna and they haven't plowed any of the
> streets in my neighborhood. We can't get either
> of our cars up the hill. There's no way a school
> bus could get around here. And I'm not even in
> the worst area. Imagine what Oakton, Great Falls,
> and Reston must be like!

Posted by: school is cancelled ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:43PM

no school monday, tuesday or wednesday

fcps.edu

Posted by: procrastinate ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:47PM

YEAH FUCK YOU YOUNG KID NO SCHOOL

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:51PM

I find it rather amusing that the Federal Government announced it was closed on Monday before FCPS did. Do you think that influenced FCPS's decision to go ahead and close down?

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:17PM

everyone was able to bring their kids to the mall today. the schools are plowed out.

I think the kids could have gone to school. a couple years ago we had 3 inches on the ground by 5 am (the amount that is on the roads now after plowing) and we still made it to school

Posted by: anonymous73 ()
Date: December 21, 2009 12:04AM

The parking lot at my local elementary school hasn't been touched by a plow.

Posted by: fcpsemp ()
Date: December 21, 2009 12:34PM

Acccording to fcps.edu, 25% of Fairfax Co. students walk to school, so this played a big part in the decision.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.