HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tax Assesments
Posted by: just_someguy ()
Date: March 01, 2006 08:03AM

Damn it.
Anybody else get their new tax assesment?
Dang revenuers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tax Assesments
Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: March 01, 2006 10:13AM

I have a small parcel of land less than 1/10 of an acre - eased so that it can't be built on ... was assessed at $225 for the last several years but now is assessed at $3000!!! over a 1300% increase!

Posted by: Price ()
Date: March 01, 2006 10:40AM

I got mine yesterday. The assessment equals the unique top $$ sale happened mid last year and is about 10% higher than the average sales. I'm gonna contest it, just for fun...

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: March 01, 2006 12:00PM

Yep. A 20% increase. Doesn't seem right, based on how much people have had to cut their selling prices in the past six months.

Posted by: no one you know ()
Date: March 01, 2006 05:44PM

Quit yer bitchin':
A quarterly report from the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight says prices nationwide ended the 4th quarter of 2005 was 12.95 percent. The OFHEO says that is actually slightly higher than the revised 12.55 percent appreciation from the third quarter of 2004 to 2005, showing no sign of a slowdown.

In the District, the year over year gain in prices was nearly 22 percent, the fourth largest year over year gain in the nation. The year-over-year gain in prices in Maryland was 21.48 percent, and 19.66 percent in Virginia, both ranking in the top ten.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: March 01, 2006 07:47PM

17% increase here. Probably the smallest since I bought the place in 2001.

Posted by: stinypoon ()
Date: March 02, 2006 12:36PM

17%. Think they'll lower the tax rate on these homes? If not, with all that money they're taking in I'd better see a mag-lev highway pretty soon like in Minority Report.

Posted by: Toby ()
Date: March 05, 2006 03:49PM

I am tempted to contest my assessment too, but I do not have any real hopes that it would change anything.

But what if EVERYONE contested their assessment, as a kindof taxpayer revolt thing? It would literally shut down the Dept of Tax Assessment! And the Board of Supervisors might actually take notice this time, instead of just giving out their pittance of tax "relief" that still seems to end up increasing my taxes.

Posted by: Trickiel ()
Date: March 05, 2006 05:33PM

Ours went up $100,000. Time to move to a cheaper state.

Date: March 05, 2006 09:07PM

Funny thing is...I got an assessment late december because I was refinancing and the company that did it assessed my house at least 20 or $30,000 less then what the county financed it at.

Posted by: econ ()
Date: March 05, 2006 11:40PM

gay wads wow guess I wont be buying here any time soon FAWK

Posted by: taco todd ()
Date: February 26, 2016 11:20PM

Damn fuck taxes

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.