HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
UVA wins in Omaha
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: June 15, 2009 10:57PM

UVA baseball eliminates #2 Cal St-Fullerton in the NCAA World Series in Omaha. Local kids Keith Werman (Oakton) and Danny Hultzen (St Albans) star for the Cavaliers. Both are freshmen.

Werman, all 5'7" 140 lbs of him, and the #9 hitter for UVA, is 6-9 in the World Series, with 3 RBI and 3 runs scored.

Hultzen, the ACC Freshman of the Year, is 9-1 on the season, and plays first, hitting 3rd when he's not pitching.

Enjoy watching the Cavs make history!

(not JUST HS baseball, Ink-less...college too!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 10:59PM by fairfaxdude.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UVA wins in Omaha
Posted by: John Grisham ()
Date: June 16, 2009 12:08AM

I had not seen the result of today's game. Thanks for reporting.

Keith Werman is cut out of the same mold as was Dustin Pedroia. I have watched him play in Vienna since he was 11 years old. Getting to Pedroia's level is extremely rare for guys of that size/stature, but when Keith saw all of his buddies growing 4-6+ inches taller than he, his desire only intensified.

I will try to catch him in UVa's next televised game. Quite a run that team has had this year!

Re: UVA wins in Omaha
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: June 16, 2009 08:10AM

Looks like UVA will play Arkansas on Weds at 7 pm (ESPN2). 2 more wins puts them in the championship.

And Werman has played the game the right way since he was 10, following in the footsteps of his older brother, who,at the same physical stature, captained the UVA team several years ago before playing pro and semi-pro ball for a few years after college.

Great to see a local product make a big splash in Omaha!

What's truly amazing is that UVA has gone 49-14 this year with a lineup heavy with Freshmen and Sophomores---great things ahead for the UVA faithful over the next 2 years.

(Werman trivia: I saw him pitch in a Babe Ruth game with an ambidextrous glove--throw a pitch righthanded, then shift the glove and throw the next pitch lefthanded. Unreal. LOL)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.