HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A ticket for a relative
Posted by: Vagestan ()
Date: July 10, 2013 09:30PM

A 15 year old relative of mine was stopped and held by the Fairfax police for riding a scooter on the "public" road near a rec center in Fairfax.
He was given a ticket for reckless driving as he let his friend wear his helmet while he drove his scooter thru the area near the rec center with friend on the back.
He was apprehended by the police who called me directly. 15 minutes later I showed up, picked him and his scooter up, and drove him home.
I signed a document (ticket) that said that he could plead guilty by following the instructions on the Back of the ticket.
Lo and behold, when I got home and looked at the ticket, it was blank.
I would like to plead guilty, but with a blank obverse, do not know how to proceed.
Any advice would be a big help.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A ticket for a relative
Posted by: Doubt It... ()
Date: July 10, 2013 09:34PM

I don't think you can prepay a ticket for reckless driving - it's a criminal offense.

Look up "Fairfax County General District Court" and prepay fine. There should be details there.

If the back is blank, It's either an anomoly, or he gave you the wrong copy.

Posted by: Googled It For Ya ()
Date: July 10, 2013 09:35PM

Posted by: On That Page... ()
Date: July 10, 2013 09:36PM

"Not all fines can be prepaid. Some offenses, such as reckless driving and driving on a suspended license, require a court appearance."

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: July 10, 2013 10:11PM

He has to go to court. And since hes a juvi, a parent/guardian will also need to be present.

Posted by: Mr GFR ()
Date: July 10, 2013 10:14PM

You signed the ticket? That is a little strange as the kid should have signed his own traffic ticket. Read the ticket carefully by where you signed it. Does the court date say open? Anything that says something like "verbal counseling"?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.