HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
90 in a 55
Posted by: james ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:06PM

Hey guys.

I was on my motorcycle doing 90 in a 55 and got pulled over and was charged with reckless driving. Am i going to jail or losing my license?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 90 in a 55
Posted by: Get a lawyer ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:15PM

Ditch the bike. Your mother will thank you!

Date: July 09, 2013 09:47PM

U think i should get a lawyer?

Posted by: Reality ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:59PM

james Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> U think i should get a lawyer?

The sad truth is, you should always get a lawyer. DUI, drunk in public, reckless driving.... the state gives not a shit about the crime. You'll pay a fine and hopefully learn your lesson. That conviction sticks around though. So pay a stupid lawyer and get it changed to public service or rehab or whatever the fuck the judge goes for and your bullshit has a temporal limit. If you don't, it's on your record forever, there is no expungement. And while it won't really be a problem, you could still have to revisit it every X years.

Some states (not this one) even have some shit where a single drunk in public doesn't even have to be disclosed.

Think long term, get a lawyer who will keep your record clean.

Posted by: lolwtf ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:22PM

Are all reckless driving charges misdemeanors in Virginia? I got a lawyer when I got hit with 64 in a 35. I did it mainly to avoid the hit to insurance.. not really for any other reason. The cases of jail time or major license suspensions for reckless I've seen myself all involved ridiculous speeds (like 110 in 55) or say like 90 in 55 but the person's 3rd or 4th offense.

95 in 55 is pretty bad.. 35 over and of course anything over 80 is always reckless. You're at risk for some jail time but seems not overly likely if you haven't had a lot of offenses in the recent past. But just get a lawyer. Have it knocked down to improper driving, pay $150 or whatever it costs, and take your 2 point offense. You'll be glad you're still insured and not paying $4000 a year.

Posted by: lolwtf ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:24PM

Oh yeah meant to say.. the $150 being the court costs+ whatever improper driving runs. You'll pay about $500 for a lawyer who will get this knocked down. You can take the risk and represent yourself and try and talk to the DA yourself but no idea if that works or not.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:29PM

james Wrote:
> > Am i going to jail or losing my license?

You deserve both.

I would fine you $2500, 30 days in the slammer, and 6 months no license. Maybe that'll learn ya you asswipe.

Signed- Judge Stabitha

Posted by: 1995hoo ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:39PM

Normally in Fairfax County the judges will give one day in jail for every mile per hour over 90. I'm not sure what they do if the speed in question is 90 mph. Thankfully I've never experienced any of this myself, just seen it in traffic court.

Date: July 09, 2013 10:43PM

Do a lot of people drive over 90 in FX County? They would have to be insane or on drugs or both.

Date: July 09, 2013 11:01PM

Its been a really bad month. 3 tikes in 6 weeks. This is my first reckless though. So i might be in some trouble

Posted by: ffx yuppie //m5 ()
Date: July 09, 2013 11:06PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> Do a lot of people drive over 90 in FX County?
> They would have to be insane or on drugs or both.

We drive a lot slower compared to other states. Everyone on this forum likes to think NoVA drivers are the fastest drivers, constantly cutting everyone off, etc. In most states if a cop clocks you at 80 mph the highway they won't think anything of it. I drive to FL often, and once I'm past NC (they also have strict laws), I cruise along the rest of the way down at 85 - 95.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weHNtN4qFYM - Kid gets pulled over in Texas for going 143, all he gets is a $300 ticket. Must be nice.

Date: July 09, 2013 11:31PM

james Wrote:
> Its been a really bad month. 3 tikes in 6 weeks.
> This is my first reckless though. So i might be in
> some trouble

Welcome to "Driver Improvement School" which is almost as bad as going to jail.

Posted by: zvzzdbdfzxb ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:32AM

You'll be fine. Just tell the judge that you pay taxes and you'll do as you godamn please. He works for you!

Posted by: Get One ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:34AM

james Wrote:
> Its been a really bad month. 3 tikes in 6 weeks.
> This is my first reckless though. So i might be in
> some trouble

Get a lawyer, though it's likely that the Judge will ask you if you want one and give you a chance to continue the hearing during your first appearance so that you can get one.

Your record shows a complete disregard for the law, and there is a very good chance that the Judge will not be amused.

Reckless driving is a criminal offense, and given the tickets, you do run the risk of at least "token" jail time, and the loss of your driver's license.

Posted by: reckless salvador el 495 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:37AM

I tell judge I no pay tax. Judge send me to get free lawyer. I come back next month with lawyer and no ticket for me. I pay only court cost but i dont pay even that yet. Long line in place of pay, and i have no card to pay with the internet.

Posted by: James ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:15AM

anybody know what the penalty is going to be?

Posted by: ben matlock ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:21AM

James Wrote:
> anybody know what the penalty is going to be?

You don't need a lawyer. Just show up, admit to it, pay the fine. Don't be a dick, don't make excuses, don't piss off the judge. Just say yes Sir, Ma'am and be done.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.