HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Another teen killed by cops
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 16, 2006 09:31AM

There weren't any conclusions mentioned... the guy said something along the lines of "our force doesn't do this stuff" but that can be read two ways... either those that do are dismissed, or members that do questionable things are given the benefit of the doubt because the police force is so great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: park ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:45AM

One less trouble maker...

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:49AM

One FEWER trouble maker...

Get it right, dick.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:55AM

I'd go ahead and stay off park's lawn, he sounds like he might be one uptight retiree.

Date: October 14, 2006 02:57AM

yeah thats correct (sarcasm) thx 4 the lesson

Date: October 14, 2006 02:59AM

YEAH....AFTER 20 YEARS OF BANGING UR MOTHER, I THINK ITS TIME TO RETIRE.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:47PM

park Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One less trouble maker...

you know... if we kill you, it's one less trouble maker and one less troll.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 14, 2006 04:15PM

Gnome....

Your key word is, "if"
Have at it. Stop talking, and lets see some action.

"troll" seems to me that you got that word from your weekly D&D meetings. Please take it easy on me with your cardboard sword

Date: October 14, 2006 04:33PM

park Wrote:
> Please take it easy on
> me with your cardboard sword

i will have you know that i have a styrofoam board sword, thank you!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: October 14, 2006 04:46PM

I've got a civil war calvary sword, but my wrists are too weak to yield it (plus there is the whole I don't kill people thing).

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:20PM

An update... "disciplined, but not fired."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1021053

Though the suspension is no more than 30 days, I personally feel happy that my arguments on putting oneself in danger to justify self defense is wrong made it to the right people. I am glad the monitors in the various police forces reported my reasoning to the higher-ups and made this not only a centerpiece of the discipline reasoning, but enacted changes in policy. I realize my efforts will go unsung in the press, however it is good to know that the fairfaxunderground community, so frequently slammed as anti-police, has made a difference in protecting the lives of both police officers and citizens. Members of the press may feel free to PM me and I will grant interviews as time permits.

"An internal police investigation found that Officer Stowe... "unreasonably placed himself in a position that allowed the situation to elevate to a level of high risk" when he stepped in front of the Jeep. As a result of the incident, Alexandria Police changed their policy to prohibit officers from stepping in front of moving vehicles. Officers are also prohibited from firing at moving vehicles, except as a last resort."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2007 05:20PM by pgens.

Date: January 02, 2007 06:03PM

An internal police investigation found that Officer Stowe... "unreasonably placed himself in a position that allowed the situation to elevate to a level of high risk" when he stepped in front of the Jeep. As a result of the incident, Alexandria Police changed their policy to prohibit officers from stepping in front of moving vehicles. Officers are also prohibited from firing at moving vehicles, except as a last resort.

im glad that a cop gets off with only 30 days suspension for murder. i mean, they ran out on a $30 bill... that deserves an execution without trial.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: January 02, 2007 06:24PM

Gravis Wrote:
> An internal police investigation found that
> Officer Stowe... "unreasonably placed himself in a
> position that allowed the situation to elevate to
> a level of high risk" when he stepped in front of
> the Jeep. As a result of the incident, Alexandria
> Police changed their policy to prohibit officers
> from stepping in front of moving vehicles.
> Officers are also prohibited from firing at moving
> vehicles, except as a last resort.
>
> im glad that a cop gets off with only 30 days
> suspension for murder. i mean, they ran out on a
> $30 bill... that deserves an execution without
> trial.

agreed, I think that 30 days was a little harsh myself. *rolls eyes*

Posted by: Gunny ()
Date: January 02, 2007 06:24PM

Another gun mishap. What a surpise...

Posted by: GetRealFolks ()
Date: January 03, 2007 04:42PM

It's been almost a year! Hard to believe! Yesterday, the Alexandria Police decided that Officer Stowe did not follow department procedures when he fired on the vehicle Aaron and his friends were in. As the story ran on the news and the footage from that night aired, my stomach sank - just like it did the first time and every other time since. What a tragedy! Aaron did more for people in his short life than many do in their long lives. We were all blessed by the time he did spend on this earth. Even in his death, much good is being done in his memory.

It enflames me to see the comments from many out there justifying the shooting, some even saying Aaron deserved to die! These comments come from people who did not bother to really find out the facts and/or are so opinionated they don't see the truth of this tragedy. No one argues the fact that everyone involved made mistakes. The problem is that none of the mistakes justified loss of life. The officer was reckless to fire his weapon - period. There were bystanders in the parking lot between the path of the vehicle and the officer. That alone should have stopped him. One of the bystanders had time to cross the street in front of the vehicle, but the officer couldn't move to the side? Can anyone who wasn't there know if the driver even knew this was a cop? Bullets were shot into the front, side and rear of the vehicle. If that is not excessive force, what is? Aaron was shot directly from the side from only a few feet away. The officer HAD to have known he was shooting the rear passenger. If he didn't, then I do not want him anywhere near where I am!

I don't care what all the naysayer's rant about! Aaron's death was a tragedy! The other people in the jeep, their families and friends, and mostly the Brown's will never be the same! All because they may or may not have left enough money to cover the bill.

For all of you who say that isn't the reason for the gun fire - it led to it. The vehicle was driving away from the officer. He CHOSE to move across the parking lot into its path. He CHOSE to open fire when it was 100+' away, when he could not have been in danger. He CHOSE to continue firing as the vehicle passed him. His CHOICE killed a young man. The choices of the driver to drive past a person shooting at them and swerve to avoid the bullets were not unreasonable. He will have to live with the what ifs for the rest of his life. But what if he'd stopped the vehicle at the first shot? What if it hadn't have been a cop? Would the cop have stopped shooting? According to the investigation, once he began firing, he would not have stopped immediately. So, would more of the people be dead? Who knows? There were bad choices all around. The DEADLY choice was the cops though. 30 days suspension just doesn't cut it!

Date: January 04, 2007 09:30AM

GetRealFolks,
   i completely agree.

Posted by: Mike00 ()
Date: January 10, 2007 12:59AM

I think that cop is a comlete moron for doing what he did. like someone posted earlier, why not JUMP OUT OF THE WAY or shoot out the tires? and over what? a dine and dash?! if they were robbery suspects or the vehichle was stolen or something like that, it'd be a different story. but that's just ridiculous imo.

I went to high school with the kid that died, Aaron Brown, I didn't know him too well, he was a year younger, but I hung out with him a few times, he seemed like a nice kid. I went to his funeral too, it was depressing as hell

Posted by: 495 ()
Date: January 10, 2007 08:17AM

I didn't go to his funeral but I did watch a rerun of 6 Feet Under.

Posted by: LEO ()
Date: April 06, 2007 04:09PM

So a criminal was killed... Big deal!

The kid that was shot was party to the theft of services at the resturant.

Too sad all the little A-Holes did not get popped.

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: April 07, 2007 12:03PM

LEO Wrote:
> So a criminal was killed... Big deal!
>
> The kid that was shot was party to the theft of
> services at the resturant.
>
> Too sad all the little A-Holes did not get popped.

I'm glad our law enforcement officers care so much about human life.

He stole a meal... talk about a danger to the community.

Posted by: girl ()
Date: April 09, 2007 09:35PM

Who is this kid?
He is our Top Ten:

10.theif
9.pot head
8.reckless driver
7.killer (he got his friend killed)
6.attempted cop killer
5.dickhead
4.drug dealer (if he was a pot head, chances are he sold it)
3.crybaby (crying to the media about how the cops reacted to his fuckup)
2.dine and dasher
1.a loser for the rest of his life.

Posted by: Gizmo ()
Date: April 16, 2007 07:47AM

You Need to quit Defending the Stupid ASS COPS and get a LIFE yourself.
Glad Your Not a Juror Or is it that YOur a COP YOURSELF.

I HOPe This Cop Goes to HELL

Posted by: wormy foooood ()
Date: February 27, 2014 05:07PM

Why isn't anyone still mourning for this dead teen? Oh, that's right, it happened 8 years ago and people don't give a shit anymore. Life goes on people and soon enough, the dead Woodson teen will be long forgotten by all but his family and closest friends.

Posted by: Big dog ()
Date: March 02, 2014 05:15PM

Really I can tell the other kids in the car care. This is something that should be brought up annually so kids know to pay their bill, not dine and dash. I'm guessing that's the point of the last poster.

I also think you missed the point shouldn't you stop when a cop is yelling at you not aim your car at them.

Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.