HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I saw Waltz with Bashir at Cinema Arts Yesterday
Posted by: Blank Stare ()
Date: February 15, 2009 01:19PM

With the incredible reviews that Waltz with Bashir has been receiving I decided to take in a viewing at Fairfax Cinema Arts yesterday afternoon.

The movie was plagued by a green stripe running through the screen on the stage right side. Throughout the movie not a single person got up to inform the theater of the defect on the film strip. What does this say about the full feature animated documentary fan base? It really did ruin the experience. It was like, by the end, I didn't even really care about the 1982 Lebanon war. Fortunately it was a short run time at only 89 minutes.

Leaving the theater I expected to see a representative apologizing for the issue and possibly distributing vouchers for a free movie in the future. But, no, nothing. Being a non-confrontational person I just left without saying anything. Despondent. Shuffling in and out of the fifty plus Asian individuals lined up waiting for a table at the Old Country Buffet.

To the documentary enthusiast out there; this one may have been more aptly titled, The Thin Green Line

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I saw Waltz with Bashir at Cinema Arts Yesterday
Date: February 15, 2009 01:30PM

Blank Stare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The movie was plagued by a green stripe running
> through the screen on the stage right side.
> Throughout the movie not a single person got up to
> inform the theater of the defect on the film
> strip.

So why didn't YOU get up and report the defect. "Not a single person got up...."

I think your indignation is misplaced. It's not the fault of the filmaker or, really, the theatre that you were unhappy if you didn't say shit to anyone.

Posted by: Guy Wire ()
Date: February 16, 2009 08:47AM

The major problem with cinema today is that there aren't enough movies about fascinating subjects such as the 1982 Lebanon War and far too few of them have green lines running through them!

Posted by: vjv ()
Date: February 16, 2009 01:07PM

need moar cloverfield plz

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.