HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If you went to a VA state school you should vote against Cuccinelli
Posted by: Mr Asswipe ()
Date: June 28, 2013 05:09PM

Cuccinelli also stirred controversy in 2010 when he advised Virginia colleges and universities that they could not adopt policies prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation without the General Assembly’s consent.

Cuccinelli opposes same-sex marriage and, more generally, gay rights. In a 2008 speech, he said: “When you look at the homosexual agenda, I cannot support something that I believe brings nothing but self-destruction, not only physically but of their soul.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If you went to a VA state school you should vote against Cuccinelli
Posted by: Thumbs Up ()
Date: June 28, 2013 05:44PM

Mr Asswipe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cuccinelli also stirred controversy in 2010 when
> he advised Virginia colleges and universities that
> they could not adopt policies prohibiting
> discrimination based on sexual orientation without
> the General Assembly’s consent.
>
> Cuccinelli opposes same-sex marriage and, more
> generally, gay rights. In a 2008 speech, he said:
> “When you look at the homosexual agenda, I
> cannot support something that I believe brings
> nothing but self-destruction, not only physically
> but of their soul.”

He's got my vote.

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:17PM

Mine too. And if I were a lib, it would be several.

Posted by: PXJKu ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:18PM

Thumbs Up Wrote:
> Mr Asswipe Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cuccinelli also stirred controversy in 2010
> when
> > nothing but self-destruction, not only
> physically
> > but of their soul.”
>
>
> He's got my vote.

Mine too.

Posted by: EL88 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:00AM

He's got my vote as well...As a liberal would say, vote early and vote often

Posted by: gadgds ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:34AM

there are about a million reasons to vote against Cooch-inelli:

1) you are a woman and have some reproductive organs
2) you don't want to reproduce like livestock and his family of breeding sows
3) you don't like the idea of your Va politican being bought and sold for a rolodex
4) you are now ashamed to live in Virginia being governed by Gov Ultrasound.

and last of all, he's a crook.

Posted by: Non-partisan Partisan ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:47AM

gadgds Wrote:
> there are about a million reasons to vote against
> Cooch-inelli:
>
> 1) you are a woman and have some reproductive
> organs
> 2) you don't want to reproduce like livestock and
> his family of breeding sows
> 3) you don't like the idea of your Va politican
> being bought and sold for a rolodex
> 4) you are now ashamed to live in Virginia being
> governed by Gov Ultrasound.
>
> and last of all, he's a crook.

Almost 50% of women do not support abortion and almost 60% of women say they would vote for someone who did not share their views on abortion according to polling from 2012.

Cuccinelli doesn't care whether you "breed" or not. If you have something to prove otherwise, please share. Otherwise, you're just trolling (badly).

Cuccinelli (or his wife) didn't get a Rolex. That would be Bob McDonnell's wife. You have confused the two apparently.

While it is justifiable to be concerned about Cuccinelli's interest in Star Scientific (bought and owned stock), his opponent has plenty of issues that any reasonable voter should be concerned about (a simple duckduckgo search will turn them up for you).

Sorry, your "million reasons" are pretty lame and no where near compelling enough to convince anyone who wasn't already against Cuccinelli.

Posted by: Say no to weasels ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:59AM

gadgds Wrote:
> Cooch-inelli:
>
> 1) you are a woman and have some reproductive
> organs
> 2) you don't want to reproduce like livestock and
> his family of breeding sows
> 3) you don't like the idea of your Va politican
> being bought and sold for a rolodex
> 4) you are now ashamed to live in Virginia being
> governed by Gov Ultrasound.
>
> and last of all, he's a crook.

Virginia does not like people like that, they want honest politicians like Gerry Connolly.

Posted by: Gerry ConMan ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:10AM

Say no to weasels Wrote:
> gadgds Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > there are about a million reasons to vote
> against
> > Cooch-inelli:
> >
> > 1) you are a woman and have some reproductive
> > organs
> > 2) you don't want to reproduce like livestock
> and
> > his family of breeding sows
> > 3) you don't like the idea of your Va politican
> > being bought and sold for a rolodex
> > 4) you are now ashamed to live in Virginia
> being
> > governed by Gov Ultrasound.
> >
> > and last of all, he's a crook.
>
> Virginia does not like people like that, they want
> honest politicians like Gerry Connolly.

Yeah! Vote for me. I love fudgepackers and Muslims.

Posted by: Terry McAuliffe ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:10AM

Vote for me. I have no record of accomplishing anything but raising money for myself and others.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:12AM

I've said this how many times before. Anyone who dismisses Cuccinelli as a kook is asking for trouble. Cuccinelli is a shrewd politician with a wide following and some ability to connect with younger voters. He was able to get elected in Fairfax in the past. There are many in Virginia, especially down state, who will be happy to pull the Republican lever regardless of candidate.

Posted by: barry in 16 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:15AM

He did release his tax returns, McAuliffe didnt. Romney was crucified by Obama and the media for not doing the same thing.

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:03AM

@gadgds()

You're a moron and obvious troll, but we'll pick apart your million reasons, though you've listed only four. I guess you were too busy trying to figure out whether John Liebowitz, Bill Mahar or Steven Colbert, or even Rachel Madcow was going to be your sole source of information for the evening.

1) you are a woman and have some reproductive organs

-- let's be adults here: when you use the term "reproductive rights" you really mean "the right of every woman to choose to murder her unborn baby because it's inconvenient". And don't give me that rape and incest crap, that's less than 1% and you fucking know it.

2) you don't want to reproduce like livestock and his family of breeding sows

-- so you're saying that a woman should have the choice to murder her unborn child--that's "sacred ground" as I've heard a douchebag Congresswoman say recently--but Cooch isn't allowed to have as many kids as he can afford?

3) you don't like the idea of your Va politican being bought and sold for a rolodex

-- earlier poster hit it, that wasn't Cooch; please check your facts before posting

4) you are now ashamed to live in Virginia being governed by Gov Ultrasound.

-- yes, no woman should have to give a second thought to the innocent life she's about to discard, but you scream at the top of lungs that every criminal found guilty and given the death penalty deserves a full appeal, a full second review of all of the evidence, yet you will not accord the same decency to an innocent child whose sole crime is being an inconvenience. If you are so fucking ashamed of being in Va. then go back to wherever the fuck you came from!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2013 11:04AM by Tray von Martin.

Posted by: Didn't Cooch win by 18 last time ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:45AM

gadgds Wrote:
> Cooch-inelli:
>

>3) being bought and sold for a rolodex

Pure genius

Attachments:
rolodex.jpg

Posted by: rock ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:55PM

Cooch won't win, he'll be dragged down by his corruption and there aren't enough downs staters in ROVA to pull him out of his hole

Posted by: Terry McHypocrite ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:24PM

Terry McAuliffe used loophole to avoid key SEC oversight of his car company

By Watchdog Staff / June 26, 2013 / 2 Comments

Part 24 of 24 in the series Terry McAuliffe, gubernatorial candidate and carmogul
Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe says everybody should do business in Virginia — except for Terry McAuliffe, who says he’ll build his own car manufacturing company in Mississippi. And though he blasted Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for offshore banking, McAuliffe’s own car company is incorporated in a British Virgin Islands tax shelter.

And like any former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, he’s all for unions — except where his own car company is concerned.

So it’s hardly surprising that though McAuliffe called for more government regulation of the financial industry when Republicans ran the White House, he wants less federal oversight of his car company’s efforts to solicit investments.

In a 2002 email to reporters, McAuliffe, then chairman of the Democratic National Committee, wrote, “The reality is that Bush and his Administration have given the green light to unscrupulous CEOs by helping to foster a business environment that says ‘if it feels good, do it,’ and, when confronted with the crisis, they offer toothless reforms.”

So why did GreenTech Automotive, the car company Terry McAuliffe says he created, file for an exemption from some federal securities regulation?

To answer that question, you have to understand the 1933 Securities Act requiring companies of all sizes to share key financial information with the Securities and Exchange Commission when they solicit money from investors.

The regulatory philosophy behind the new law — and the Securities and Exchange Commission created in 1934 — was clear: managed by the SEC, accurate financial information “enables investors, not the government, to make informed judgments about whether to purchase a company’s securities,” the SEC explains on its website. “In general, all securities offered in the U.S. must be registered with the SEC or must qualify for an exemption from the registration requirements.”

According to documents reviewed by Watchdog.org, GreenTech claimed it qualified for one of those disclosure exemptions because it solicited investments exclusively outside the United States. The first page of a 2009 private placement memorandum issued by the firm’s investor-relations arm, Gulf Coast Funds Management, states that the purchaser must be “a foreign national, acquiring the unit outside of the United States in reliance upon Regulation S under the Act.”

What exactly is Regulation S and how did it legally exempt GreenTech from the landmark “truth in securities” law?

“Regulation S was intended to help U.S. and foreign companies raise capital overseas quickly and inexpensively without having to comply with the expensive and lengthy registration process required under Section 5 of the 1933 Act,” securities expert Jerold N. Siegan wrote in a 2009 compliance manual, “Securities Law and Compliance Manual for Regulation S Offerings.”

Under Regulation S, the “safe harbor” exemption cited by Gulf Coast, companies are not required to comply with the SEC’s disclosure requirements as long as they comply with two requirements. According to the compliance manual, the investment (1) must be an “offshore transaction” and (2) cannot involve any “directed selling efforts” in the United States by the company or its representatives.

All available evidence suggests that GreenTech complied with both requirements, thereby legally circumventing the SEC.

Securities regulators also note that Regulation S does not exempt a company from all securities regulations. Companies that win the exemption can avoid filing registration forms with the SEC that “provide essential facts,” including “a description of the company’s properties and business; a description of the security to be offered for sale; information about the management of the company; and financial statements certified by independent accountants.”

Once upon a time, Terry McAuliffe might have called that “a business environment that says ‘if it feels good, do it.’”

Posted by: Jerrold jones ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:32PM

Cuccinelli is a good man.

Liberal scumbags stick it.

Btw, Pete Snyder is awesome

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:39PM

Mr Asswipe Wrote:
> Cuccinelli opposes same-sex marriage and, more
> generally, gay rights. In a 2008 speech, he said:
> “When you look at the homosexual agenda, I
> cannot support something that I believe brings
> nothing but self-destruction, not only physically
> but of their soul.”

A lot of people oppose "same-sex marriage" and gay rights. A lot of very reasonable people, by the way. So Cuccinelli is not a wacko for rejecting that. I think he's a wacko for other reasons.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.