HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FIRE & RESCUE UNION ELECTION
Posted by: GOT-MY-OPINION ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:45PM

Anyone know the names of all the candidates who are seeking election as sect-treasure of the Fire Union??? Someone said Ron Kuley was. Is this factual? Can that really be right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FIRE & RESCUE UNION ELECTION
Posted by: Short Shorts ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:21PM

I'm so giddy that I can wear shorts now that I haven't even thought about voting!

Posted by: Ask the Master ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:30PM

Ask Terry McAuliffe. Whoever gave him the most money will be the one.

Re: FIRE & RESCUE UNION ELECTION, ONE BAD CHOICE
Date: June 26, 2013 07:47AM

The positio of the Sec-Treasure of any organization is where the power of that organization lies. Checkbook issues influences everyone. Even though John does a great job as president, it's the Treasure that really matters.

Before anyone considers casting their vote for Ron Kuley, ask him the outcome of I.A. investigations over the last few years. He's been often overheard bragging about beating the system and laughing about "getting away with it" which indicateds he did what he was accused of doing. He's openly joked at meetings, before the membership about beating the system which adds to his nickname "Mr. Tefflon".

We teach Character Matters to recruits, Kuley missed that class I recon. While a union member, Kuley has stolen & lied, cheated and denied. Before you vote for him, ask him to show you the outcomes of those investigations. He has the reports, got them from that Freedom of Infomration law. He's using those reports to try and prove he has been discriminated against as he plans to sue the Department for that discrimination. If he says he don't have them, he's lying again to your face brothers.

I'm not endorsing any other person for this important position but I just wanted to tell everyone that Kuley isn't the right person, now and will never be.

Re: FIRE & RESCUE UNION ELECTION, ONE BAD CHOICE
Posted by: FS411 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 08:40AM

So, what are the names of the candidates?

Posted by: list man ()
Date: June 26, 2013 09:33AM

I heard a rumor that these two are running. Not sure if it is true.
Stephen McCaffrey
John Adcox
DonaldRimgale

Posted by: Brilliant ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:32PM

list man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard a rumor that these two are running. Not
> sure if it is true.
> Stephen McCaffrey
> John Adcox
> DonaldRimgale

Those two? Way to count, asswipe.

Posted by: Union Rep ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:22PM

Ron Kuley and Matt Lopez

Date: June 26, 2013 10:27PM

Welp then, Lopez needs to ask Kuley if he has stolen anything since he's been a union member and if IA investigated it two times and what the outcome was. Certainly don't want a anyone who has got caught stealing responsible for our money & checkbook.

Hey Matt, u got the foritude to ask Kuley those questions....or does the union already know the answer?

Posted by: Jimmy Hoffa ()
Date: June 26, 2013 10:55PM

Anyone in a union is a corrupt, greedy, lazy leech on society.

Date: June 27, 2013 07:59AM

If it were not for organized labor, no worker in America today would be living at the standards they are & have been for the past 60 years. We'd still be working for $1 a day yet the prices for goods and services would be the same. Child labor laws wouldn't exist etc. But unions have their problems too, many problems revolving around curruption which involves power, money, & leaders lacking good character.

This is exactly why I strongly oppose Ron Kuley for Sec-Treasure of IAFF Local 2066. Our union represents decent, hardworking Fire Fighters and Paramedics. But Kuley has proven time and again he is untrustworthy, always lying, disrespecting sister firefighters and is always wanting the attention to be focused upon him. All my brothers and sisters should remember the shit storm he tried to start by going to the news media several years ago about take home vehicles. Why, all because he was kicked out of communications for unacceptable behavior and comments directed towards a female employee. Then, he stole old communication hardware that was being stored for a display.

This is why Kuley is so unacceptable to so many of my brothers & sisters. It's all about good character and Kuley over the years has definately show his. Before you consider voting for him, ask to see his IA reports and learn why we should never turn our mnoney over to him for safe keeping.

Posted by: The Jester ()
Date: June 27, 2013 09:55AM

First off, GOT-MY-OPINION, I'm not sure that L2066, Midwest City, Oklahoma has anything to do with us. But hey, it seems like you get your facts right. The senior staff has been looking for a way to fire Ron because he has the balls to challenge their corrupt style of lead-by-intimidation. Go ahead, look at the IA reports. They will tell you that the accusations against him were false. So get your facts correct before you go spewing lies via your iPad while sitting at line-up. If you don't like him, don't vote for him. Put your check mark in the other box. Vote only once though, you're not voting for Obama...again.

Posted by: Teflon Dan ()
Date: June 27, 2013 02:28PM

Unions had their place 100 years ago, but they've long outlived their usefulness. They exist today to bankrupt organizations, resist improvement, fight change, and to line the pockets of their corrupt leadership and leftwing politicians.

Date: June 27, 2013 03:05PM

Jester:

Wow brother, how misinformed you are. When Ron slapped his wife and threaten her boyfriend, he wasn't fired. When he stole from the warehouse, he wasn't fired. When he stole from communications, he wasn't fired. When he cheated on the promotion test he wasn't fired. When he made false allegations about the senior staff he wasn't fired and now that he's persuing a civil rights suit claming discrimatin because he of mid-eastern orgin, nothing has happened to him. So looks to me Jester as if Ron has messed up plenty of times and been given too many second and third chances by senior staff.

Brother Jester, you need to look at the allegations in the IA reports, Ron has them for sure. I bet if you do, you will learn the outcome is he did what he was accused of doing. I believe it's called "sustained" allegations, meaning he did it. You brother need to get your facts rights. Because you don't know the truth about Ron Kuley.

But Jester, my post ain't about whether we like or dislike Ron. It's about Ron's suitability to handle our money. My opinion, character and doing the right thing is important on and off duty. As a union member, to watch another union member engage in disgraceful conduct is embarrassing to every fire fighter and paramedic in Fairfax county who are honest. Ron is dishonest, a liar and definately can't be trusted to control of our money.

Posted by: H20 man ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:36PM

After overhearing a couple union reps talking about Ron Kuley recently, I was troubled. They were wondering aloud why Ron Kuley was always getting himself into trouble, starting trouble and how he always seem to get out of it. After listening, I came away with the felling, where there is a lot of smoke, there must also be some fire.

Posted by: SQDMN ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:43PM

As long as the Union crushes the spirit and the will of the volunteers, and removes them from all FRD fire stations, who cares.

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: June 27, 2013 04:30PM

SQDMN Wrote:
> As long as the Union crushes the spirit and the
> will of the volunteers, and removes them from all
> FRD fire stations, who cares.

Maybe we should convert all of them to volunteer instead of paid. It's not like there are too many fires these days anyhow.

Posted by: debs ()
Date: June 27, 2013 04:52PM

Teflon Dan Wrote:
> Unions had their place 100 years ago, but they've
> long outlived their usefulness. They exist today
> to bankrupt organizations, resist improvement,
> fight change, and to line the pockets of their
> corrupt leadership and leftwing politicians.

If you think human nature has changed since 100 years ago, you are an idiot. All the atrocities that gave rise to unions are still there, lurking in the minds of greedy, corrupt corporatists. You better believ they miss the good old days of the company store and 6 year old factory workers.

Many people died to stop those motherfuckers and now the working stiff morons want to undo it all and go back to their company-owned tarpaper shacks and listen to Rush on the radio.

Unions are about dead anyway so I think you're going to get your wish. I just hope you like it. I don't give a shit myself, I'm set financially and I'll never work again.

Date: June 27, 2013 08:11PM

Only about 20% of all calls are fire calls today in Fairfax County. Always need fire fighters of course, those brave soles who run into burning structures while the rest of humanity is exiting. The rest are ALS or EMT calls & our paramedics do a wonderful job.

That's why it upsets me so, when I see an individual who is parading around as a hero, who I know is really a zero, yes back to Ron Kuley.

Vote for whomever you want for Sec-Treasure in this upcoming election, Danny did a wonderful job @ that position. But Ron Kuley has serious character flaws. He's laughted at. His peers shake their heads that he's fooled so many people, especially those who don't know him personally but only have a glemor of his pethetic antics.

I sincerely hope my honorable brothers and sisters recognize that before it's too late! For us who know him all too well, he talks the talk but he cannot walk in the average fire fighters shadow without degrading that image. Don't let Kuley have contol over our unions checkbook.

Remember bad character will ruin you before poor performance. You've been warned.

Posted by: Mother Theresa ()
Date: June 27, 2013 10:54PM

debs Wrote:
> Teflon Dan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Unions had their place 100 years ago, but
> they've
> > long outlived their usefulness. They exist
> today
> > to bankrupt organizations, resist improvement,
> > fight change, and to line the pockets of their
> > corrupt leadership and leftwing politicians.
>
>
> If you think human nature has changed since 100
> years ago, you are an idiot. All the atrocities
> that gave rise to unions are still there, lurking
> in the minds of greedy, corrupt corporatists. You
> better believ they miss the good old days of the
> company store and 6 year old factory workers.
>
> Many people died to stop those motherfuckers and
> now the working stiff morons want to undo it all
> and go back to their company-owned tarpaper shacks
> and listen to Rush on the radio.
>
> Unions are about dead anyway so I think you're
> going to get your wish. I just hope you like it.
> I don't give a shit myself, I'm set financially
> and I'll never work again.

If you're union, you never worked a day in your life, so there is no opportunity for you to ever "work again". Fact: unions have driven most jobs out of the USA, and many companies into bankruptcy. Hope you're happy with destroying America!

Posted by: Concerned Employee ()
Date: June 28, 2013 05:30PM

Well it is ver clear that Mr Guy Morgan, who is the professional standards officer for the Fire and Rescue Department, has posted on here in an attempt to fraud Mr Ron Kuley. If you do not believe it, just go to the facebook post he made, directing everyone to get on here to see the post. This is the type of BULLSHIT that I hope our new Chief puts a stop to . You have no business posting any opinion Mr Morgan, it is completley unethecial for you to make any coment about an employee on a social network site. Hope the Chief shows your unethical ass the exit door!!!!!!

Posted by: Vote early! ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:44PM

Matt got my vote. Didn't have to think twice about it. Ron puts on a good front and tries to make himself out as a great guy, down with the troops, etc but I don't trust him as far as I could throw him. I have worked with both Matt and Ron over the years and I firmly believe in Matt's dedication and integrity. As others here have already stated, Ron's got some serious character flaws and his reputation precedes him. Brothers and sisters, think before you cast your vote!

Posted by: It's about trusting ()
Date: June 30, 2013 11:25AM

There isn't any choice here. I'll put my trust in Matt, he's dedicated and always available. Ron's only available when the spot-light is shinning on him, the center of attention and their is some gain for Ron. I thought his hooded comments on Fox News several years ago revealed the real Ron Kuley, and when he walked into the union meeting flipping up his hood for all to know what he had done. No doubt Ron was setting himself up for a futurre position in the union. That's why I've voted for Matt.

Posted by: It's about Corruption ()
Date: June 30, 2013 10:48PM

If its about unions, it can only be about greed and corruption.

Date: July 01, 2013 09:35AM

While at the union meeting u mentioned "It's about trusting", Kuley left no doubt that he was the deep throated voice silhoutetted, by that Trayvon Martin looking hood. I couldn't figure out why he hid his identy on camera but willingly showed his union brothers he did it.

Now I know, it's all about him.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.