HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I hate everybody on the road!
Posted by: good driver ()
Date: July 21, 2008 11:58PM

i drive a prius and cannot move above 25 mph on regular streets without my tires blowing up. People tailgate me, flick me off, And call me a bitch. I drive in the left lane on the highway at 50 mph become the speed limit is 55 and i dont want a ticket. Plus think of the gas mileage. It seems like im going fast if im going the speed limit. I am Asian and my other car is a big bumbly lexus suv, i drive only to drop kids off at school and pick them up and take them to sports, that is the story of my life, i think people tailgate me are stressed out and old even though they are pissed that i am trying to control traffic. I bitch about everything including the cars people think i drive. Every thing in my life i have to bitch and moan about and try to piss everybody off.. I go to the store and screem at the manager for various things, i go home and screem at my husband and kids and dog, So dont let me catch you TAILGATING ME OMG ITS THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I hate everybody on the road!
Posted by: j ()
Date: July 22, 2008 02:06AM

you are so clever! smart of you to throw the racism into your lame attempt at parody so at least the other racists will ha ha with you, while everyone else groans.

Posted by: Bull Connor ()
Date: July 22, 2008 07:21AM

Go back to from where you came you fucking gook.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 08:40AM

Your threads were old yesterday, go away.

Posted by: ltb ()
Date: July 22, 2008 09:43AM

and everybody hate you too!!! the end of your world.

Posted by: graymoose ()
Date: July 22, 2008 10:47PM

So you are the asshole who drives in the left lane. Get the hell out of the way

Posted by: Good Driver ()
Date: July 23, 2008 08:42AM

IMPOSTER! The OP is sooo obviously not me. Note the grade-school level of writing. I'm no Noam Chomsky, but at least I can write a coherent sentence. And the stupid fuckhead doesn't even bother to capitalize appropriately. "good driver" needs to take that gerbil out of his ass, put down the crack pipe, and go back to summer school. The short bus has room for you, MF.

Posted by: DirtDigler ()
Date: July 23, 2008 03:35PM

j Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you are so clever! smart of you to throw the
> racism into your lame attempt at parody so at
> least the other racists will ha ha with you, while
> everyone else groans.

Well... this is fairfaxunderground. If there was an automatic task to delete threads with 'muslim, immigrants, and racism' then there would be nothing entertaining to read.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: July 23, 2008 04:47PM

DirtDigler Wrote:

> Well... this is fairfaxunderground. If there was
> an automatic task to delete threads with 'muslim,
> immigrants, and racism' then there would be
> nothing entertaining to read.

Lol, ++++1

Posted by: AnotherGoodDriver ()
Date: July 26, 2008 01:03AM

Courtesy and safety meet in the Code of Virginia, ยง 46.2-842.1, which makes it a crime to "fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal"--i.e., if the driver behind you honks his horn or flashes his headlights--"the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right ." Translation for the benefit of the self-deputized speed-limit enforcers who smugly refuse to clear the left lane: You're breaking the law.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/072008/07222008/396482

Posted by: strates ()
Date: July 26, 2008 01:41AM

Just a note... never seen an asian in a prius.

and here's the proof:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/07/60-toyota-prius/

Posted by: j ()
Date: July 26, 2008 01:49AM

i know a handful of prius owners, one of which is korean. he is married to a jewish woman. their kids are jewish/korean.

the 'stuff white people like' blog is more funny than your 'note' is meaningful.

strates Wrote:
> Just a note... never seen an asian in a prius.
>
> and here's the proof:
> http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/07/60-toyo
> ta-prius/

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:42AM

good driver Wrote:
> i drive a prius and cannot move above 25 mph on
> regular streets without my tires blowing up.
>

LOL!

Posted by: AnotherGoodDriver ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:59AM

You are missing the point.

This was a parody of the fools who think they are controlling traffic by driving in the left lane next to some car in the right lane that is doing exactly the speed limit.

These people think they are right, and everyone else needs to do what they do.

People who block the left lane are self-righteous, they never consider that they might be blocking a doctor on the way to the hospital for an emergency, or someone who needs to respond to an emergency at their elderly parent's home, or a pregnant woman being driven to the hospital who is about to give birth.

They assume they should decide who can and cannot speed, even though they lack any training in law enforcement. They think that anyone speeding is a criminal, and they don't realize that Police Officers often can determine that sometimes, speeding is justified under certain circumstances.

The prius drivers are a different story, they are poorly informed saps who think they are saving the planet by driving a sub compact car that gets up to 35 mpg, not knowing they are going to have to spend $10,000 to replace the battery pack somewhere between 15,000 miles and 30,000 miles, and not realizing that Honda made a car that got over 50 mpg back in 1989, the Honda CRX Hi, and that Volkswagen is about to sell a Jetta TDI (deisel) that gets over 50 mpg in either September or November.

I think the original poster was making fun of the asshats who like to drive, in the left lane, alongside another car, creating a rolling roadblock, because they think it is their job to regulate the flow of traffic.

Posted by: Ahmal Bad-aht el-Draihven ()
Date: July 27, 2008 01:17AM

AnotherGoodDriver,

Not all of those people actually realize what they are doing. They are mindlessly driving, not aware that you want to pass. Some of them get offended that you are flashing your lights, or tailgating, or honking your horn at them.

They believe they are the best drivers in the world, and here you are attacking them for being conscientious drivers.

Haven't you noticed how many people turn left onto a roadway into the right lane, or how many people turn right onto a roadway into the left lane?

They don't realize they are breaking the law, they are just too lazy to turn into the proper lane, or they don't know that it is illegal. They think because they have a green light, it doesn't matter which lane they turn into.

I've tried to tell people this, and they just can't grasp it. When making a left, you turn into the left lane. I try to explain that the person waiting across the intersection waiting to make a right, considering that it is legal to make a right on red, assumes that he can safely turn into the right lane, and anyone turning left across the intersection is going to turn into the left lane.

They don't get it. They think they can just drive inattentively and everyone else is going to look out for them.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.