HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lazy Fairfax Voters Get Off Your Ass and Vote
Posted by: Observer of Stupidity ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:44PM

The Democratic Primary for Lt. Governor and Attorney General candidates is today. There were less than 50 votes in at my polling station. The usual election draw is well over 1000. Less than a 5% turnout is pathetic.

People died to protect and defend your tight to vote. Don't squander their sacrifice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lazy Fairfax Voters Get Off Your Ass and Vote
Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:51PM

No one cares about the Democraps.

Posted by: Janie ()
Date: June 11, 2013 04:40PM

As I understand it.......it is a democratic ONLY primary. There are currently no democrats I would vote for. Not many republicans either. This country has gone to H E L L. Thank you professional politicians.

Posted by: #1 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 04:41PM

I voted to be lazy today and not vote for the Dems.

Posted by: #2 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:47PM

I was voter #68 at my precinct, and this was at 6:15. Not surprised, it's an off election year, it's a primary, and only for Lt. Gov. and Atty. General. There's really not heated contest.

I'm not voting for any of those pieces of shit in November, but wanted to voted for the weaker of each this round.

Posted by: #2 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:48PM

Anyone who voted also notice the ballot was in English and Spanish? Has it always been that way? I don't recall seeing that before. Maybe it was to match with Tim Kaine's speech on the Senate Floor today pleading for amnesty, in Spanish, of course. POS.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: June 11, 2013 10:38PM

Liberals are lazy scum

Posted by: Selous Scout ()
Date: June 11, 2013 10:59PM

I always vote - - primary and general - - Democrat and Republican - - and have done so religiously for 35 years for exactly the reasons OP stated. I did not for the first time in my life today, and I credit that to the lame picks for the top of the ticket for both parties. I have given up on who will be the next governor. The GOP has already picked their candidates in a closed convention, so why the hell should I bother to vote in a Democratic primary for the second tier when the results are pretty much a foregone conclusion as well?

I feel a little bad for not voting, but this commonwealth is going to crap anyway..

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 12:51AM

I take great pride in how we chose our nominee's through primaries and the Republicans chose theirs through insider conventions.

Posted by: Gerry Conman ()
Date: June 12, 2013 08:32AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I take great pride in how we chose our nominee's
> through primaries and the Republicans chose theirs
> through insider conventions.

With Terry MacScumbag running unopposed, you have a choice of anyone you like, just so long as it's Terry. So very democratic, right, just like in China? Dumbass...

Posted by: N.Peart ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:41PM

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

Posted by: Selous Scout ()
Date: June 12, 2013 06:27PM

Don't be so smug Gerrymanderer2. The Dems will opt out of the primary process and go the convention route as well when it suits their political needs. There are no good guys here.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer12 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 06:49PM

As noted before, McAuliffe is only in this because of the money he brings to the consultants. Last night's message was clear: Hold your nose and support this ticket because it's the only one we've got.

It's a shame that the better Democratic candidates will not be on the ballot this year.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.