HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
how much is the usual fine for a 84/55mph reckless driving ticket these days?(compared to 10 years ago)
Posted by: Kati_FairfaxEast ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:03PM

how much is the usual fine for a 84/55mph reckless driving ticket?

I was doing some cleaning up in my basement and found my ticket for
that charge back in 1998. The receipt showed the fine as only $115.
That can't be right, can it?

Isn't the fine for that kind of ticket at least $1000 these days?

any info appreciated! :)

P.S. I have been good ever since. No traffic ticket at all...except for
an expired meter parking ticket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how much is the usual fine for a 84/55mph reckless driving ticket these days?(compared to 10 years ago)
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:44PM

the "usual fine" is less relevant than the "usual standard of incarceration". You already have a reckless ticket, albeit old, but misdemeanors do not go off your criminal record even when the infraction itself comes off your driving record.

So, be aware of this. The judge and/or cop might know your priors and could very well impose some kind of jail sentence or probation based on that.

To answer your original question, I got convicted of 94/65, same amount over as you, but at 90 jail time becomes all but certain with conviction. I took a plea bargain and ate the charge to avoid jail time, and my FINES and COSTS totaled around 300 bucks. I also had two months restricted license... once again, part of the deal, 6 months is the standard according to my attorney.

BTW.. get real and hire a lawyer

Re: how much is the usual fine for a 84/55mph reckless driving ticket these days?(compared to 10 years ago)
Posted by: eric6789 ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:54PM

there is a formula that is currently used....i believe it is $5 for every MPH over the posted speed limit plus $62 in court cost. so looking at $207. that of course doesnt cover your increased insurance etc....

also if you sentence has a license suspension i believe there is an extra fee from the court...and for sure a reinstatment fee from the DMV..i have no idea how much that cost...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.