HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Thieves, gangs, rapists and terrorists...
Posted by: speaking ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:12AM

I saw police giving a ticket on Sunday afternoon to a driver on the nearly empty Virginia beltway express lanes near Tyson's. With thieves, gangs, rapists, and terrorists about, you'd think they could find something better to do than give speeding tickets there.

I've seen and heard the advertising trying to get people to use the express lanes. I'm not encouraged to pay the toll.

They are raising the speed limit on the express lanes to 65 on June 24th... as if the traffic on the regular lanes is only going 55 or even 65 mph.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thieves, gangs, rapists and terrorists...
Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: June 10, 2013 06:16AM

speaking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw police giving a ticket on Sunday afternoon
> to a driver on the nearly empty Virginia beltway
> express lanes near Tyson's. With thieves, gangs,
> rapists, and terrorists about, you'd think they
> could find something better to do than give
> speeding tickets there.
>
> I've seen and heard the advertising trying to get
> people to use the express lanes. I'm not
> encouraged to pay the toll.
>
> They are raising the speed limit on the express
> lanes to 65 on June 24th... as if the traffic on
> the regular lanes is only going 55 or even 65 mph.

My brother was a deputy for many years and he said his biggest frustration was the priority around ticketing cars for speeding, improper parking, etc. Meanwhile, there were known crackhouses that were allowed to operate for years with little or no intervention.

Posted by: Anon467 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:53PM

Fairfax County officers are glorified meter maids with nothing better to do.
Unfortunately, catching a terrorist is not nearly as profitable as it is to issue frivolous tickets.

Posted by: Ricardo Chingon ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:46PM

It's all about revenue generation. If any of you fools really thinks they ever cared about traffic safety I beg you to open your eyes.

I have often been curious about the FFX police. I mean, they are the most well equiped, heavily funded, and hardest force to get on with, yet they do almost nothing but sit around and wave fingers at would be speed sters or someone with a noise violation for music.

Now take a cop in NYC, LA, Texas, Chicago , DCmetro (insert any major metro area) and they got their work cut out for them.

Posted by: policeswap ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:51PM

this is so true, I would love to see a show called policeswap, we could stick FFPD in morocco, instead of the french police

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20120915/shamseddin20120915231041630.jpg

although the ffpd would cream their panties to wear the 'action man' gear - remeber to mount your sight the right way fellas!

haha

Posted by: shwap ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:41PM

Well Fawk morroco nicka ...we dont need to play that far. How about FFPD in even Greensboro NC or freaking Richmond VA.

Hell Fairfax County Makes Richmond look like mufuggan Detroit in comparison.

These cops here would shit themselves if they ever came eye with a real azz nucka and smelled the hate.

Posted by: polcing without guns ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:26PM

these police do the job with no guns and very little tear gas, the way it should be done. imagine fatty from the cheesecake factory here LOLZ

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339503/Hundreds-riot-police-Londons-streets-officers-raid-squat-HQ-G8-protesters.html

Posted by: lolyer ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:31PM

Whilst driving in Fairfax, I constantly bite my fingernails and always anticipate that I will be pulled over for the most frivolous (and usually erroneous) shit..
No matter what...

I got pulled over going 80 at the toll road gates (coming from reston towards 495)

A quarter mile prior to reaching the toll booth, I saw a police car riding my ass ( and I was going about 54 or so)

I got pulled over, and the cop stated he "paced me" going 85 and charged me with reckless...

(1.) First, the vehicle I was driving was a pos.. It had a speed governor on it which prevented speeds over 79.5mph

(2.) Secondly, I had my infant son with me and I do not speed at all, and I purposely keep my speed in check when I have kids on board..

Thirdly, due to my #2, I am very aware of my driving habits and told the cop he must have went that fast to catch up to me from a standstill, and since he was parked on the shoulder, he had to rush and drive unsafe to pull me over, right after I paid my toll ..

In MD, we have cops that actually focus on real crimes and instead of generating revenue for Baltimore or the state, they actually do real work and don't need all that bullshit tactical swat equipment FFX has because they do real investigative work

Posted by: Tricked! ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:44PM

When I clicked on this I thought it was a thread about the Democrat Party.

Posted by: True_Blue ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:59PM

Tricked! Wrote:
> When I clicked on this I thought it was a thread
> about the Democrat Party.

GOP-tards!

LoLz!

Posted by: FessUp ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:06PM

speaking Wrote:
> I saw police giving a ticket on Sunday afternoon
> to a driver on the nearly empty Virginia beltway
> express lanes near Tyson's. With thieves, gangs,
> rapists, and terrorists about, you'd think they
> could find something better to do than give
> speeding tickets there.
>
> I've seen and heard the advertising trying to get
> people to use the express lanes. I'm not
> encouraged to pay the toll.
>
> They are raising the speed limit on the express
> lanes to 65 on June 24th... as if the traffic on
> the regular lanes is only going 55 or even 65 mph.

So much is your ticket?

Posted by: Perfect fit ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:24PM

Tricked! Wrote:
> When I clicked on this I thought it was a thread
> about the Democrat Party.

It does fit like a glove:

Thieves = Liberals
Gangs = Blacks
Rapists = Hispanics
Terrorists = Muslims

Posted by: Kardiac17 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:27PM

I have not gotten pulled over since 1983. My last DUI. I straightened up and drive normally (sober). 70 mph on 66 and 495 and not too fast on secondary roads. If you are getting pulled over there has got to be a reason. I came home from work early one Sunday morning, 2:30-3:00am. I must have seen 6 pulled over cars on 66 between DC and Oakton. There were plenty of other fish to be caught. Swerving inside the lane and shit. I did my usual 70 and didn't draw a second look.

Posted by: oleguy ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:53PM

They have different divisions for different things. They can't just go around busting down doors of supposed crackhouses and terrorists. Would you like it if the police busted down your door at any time of the day because you were suspected of being a druggy or terrorist? They have specialized teams for that. Not all police officers can go around beginning their own investigations doing whatever they want. They are, however, a catch-all for when shit goes down. They might ticket you today,and respond to an emergency such as an active shooter the next. They enforce laws (parking, roads, domestic violence, etc) and they are first responders. Sometimes you have to do what your superiors tell you, and not hunt down supposed bad guys all day like you see on TV.

Maybe you should reconsider how you behave or how you present yourself to the police. This is coming from a young male that drives a lot - a prime target for the police AND I have tinted windows (OMG! so what if I have tinted windows? Well, it is easier to target someone with modifications on their car than a plain jane Corolla, and being a young male!) I pass by a half dozen police officers a day on the road. I have had one incident where I was pulled over, and it was solely my fault.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.