HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Real ID-forces against are rallying. "Our liberties are our best defence"
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: April 02, 2008 09:58AM

As we read on the front page of the Washington Post that local state, Federal are taping into personal databases formed after 9/11 .The forces against Real ID are rallying. Recently Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina said his state will not comply and that "Our liberties are our best defence." We can only hope that Virginia can also not comply with this Federal act. It is a option that many states have already said no to the Federal goverment.- Rod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Real ID-forces against are rallying. "Our liberties are our best defence"
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:20PM

Rod, we have gone over this before and explained why you are so very wrong. this is about states not wanting to spend money, not civil liberties. anyone who thinks it is about civil liberties doesnt really know about the Real ID act.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Staff ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:38PM

"Civil Liberties" in this case, is only a smokescreen set off by the open borders crowd. It wont work. Find yourself here legally. Go back to your country of
origin and apply for Legal immigration.

Posted by: whs student ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:58PM

screw the system
screw FCPS
they just dont give a s***

you have a legit complaint that WILL make a difference in your future? They dont give a rats a**

no im not like your typical dumba** lazy ghetto moron who complains about everything
i work my a** off and get nothing.

noun

^ westfield students know this infamous name

thanks a lot jack dale, thanks a lot, good job on addressing problems.
have fun with your 3 mansions and the new Benz you just bought your son

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 02, 2008 03:14PM

I'm against this, but not because it might infringe our civil liberties. My reason: does anyone really think we'll be any safer once the bureaucrats step in and institute "national ID standards"? They sure make it sound important, but is it really going to prevent terrorists from coming into your city to bomb something? I mean seriously? We've gone seven years since 9/11 with our supposedly faulty ID system. Will you really wake up the next day feeling more secure with these new "standards"?

It all sounds like a bunch of Washington horseshit if you ask me. Such an urgent, polarizing issue issue of national importance- when really it's just a big waste of time for a program that basically accomplishes very little. I find it hard to believe that Congress can't find more important things to work on.

Posted by: >> ()
Date: April 02, 2008 03:50PM

like the housing crisis

but who cares about that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.