HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Connolly Proposes Elimination of Auto Decals and Decal Fee
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 14, 2006 09:47AM

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=698575

This doesn't fully repeal the car tax of course, but this would be nice. At least it will save me the frustration of seeing so many red decals still on cars after I paid up all my taxes and fees for mine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connolly Proposes Elimination of Auto Decals and Decal Fee
Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:18AM

I never understood the point of the decal anyway. They send it to you before you've paid the tax.

I guess that if you didn't pay the previous year's tax then you probably wouldn't receive the new sticker, but that means it takes a whole year to be out of date.

Posted by: uhhcya ()
Date: February 14, 2006 07:00PM

Ya, you will see the cost rise up else where - id bank the saved $ and use it on the next tax they decide to increase. Remember, when there is war - taxes tend to go up. Tax breaks = joke. It was generous of them to drop the property tax a dime??? i believe it was that, correct me if im wrong. I know something dropped 10 cents lol.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:38PM

it probably cost more just to get the paperwork done than the "savings" to everyone.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 15, 2006 06:59AM

Actually I'm wondering if the effort required for the county to purchase the decals and track them for two million cars a year costs close to what they get for the decals. Dropping the decals may cost the county $20 million or something like that, which they more than make up for every year by raising home assessments by 15%-25% a year and "dropping" the real estate tax rate 2 percentage points a year. Good political move because it is a visible hassle that is gone, even though (at least homeowners) pay the county more money every year overall.

Posted by: Best in the DMV ()
Date: March 19, 2017 05:46PM

I propose free fish n chips from Arthur Treachers!

Posted by: Short Bus Rider ()
Date: March 19, 2017 05:48PM

School tomorrow you comedy genius...so you can be ignored by normal people.

Posted by: Sticking it to the taxpayer ()
Date: September 07, 2017 09:15PM

The decal also allows taxpayers to see if people are dropping off students at public schools outside of Fairfax County. Thanks for dumping your extra kids on us, Connolly.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.