HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
South Riding Starbucks bans smoking within 25'... who wants to make a 25' ring of smokers around it?
Posted by: kooky871 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:45PM

In one of the most stupid decisions ever made, the South Riding Starbucks has banned smoking within 25' of its property. I'd say a good 50% of their customers are smokers and, for me anyway, it's been a place for me to go chill with friends, have a smoke, and relax. Now there is no local sit-down type place to do so. I know I'm in the minority for this opinion, but I thought it would be nice to thank them for the convenience they have created by having some people get together and stay exactly 25' away and have a few cigarettes. Let me know what you guys think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: South Riding Starbucks bans smoking within 25'... who wants to make a 25' ring of smokers around it?
Posted by: killyourself ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:50PM

why not kill yourself on your own time and stop asking others to join you in the grave or ICU. We dont want to breath your toxic smoke 25 feet or 250 feet away. Asshole.

Re: South Riding Starbucks bans smoking within 25'... who wants to make a 25' ring of smokers around it?
Posted by: I'm Down ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:51PM

I'll do it. Post this on Craigslist for more readers.

Posted by: I'm in ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:54PM

Definitely, I'd be glad to help out

Posted by: Oh Well ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:55PM

Stay at home or in your car and smoke.

Anyone who smokes has no rights and is a total moron.

This is coming from someone that had to grow up in a Biohazard becasue both parents chain smoked, was locked in the car on long trips with the windows closed, had to take airplane trips in the smoking section and had to go to resturants and sit in the smoking section.

I rarely visit my mother any more as I have to change clothes and shower after visiting her, just like hanging in a bar full of smokers.

Smokers are rude and arrogant people that think they have rights, they should have none.

Posted by: no puffin ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:17PM

Hey cancer-riddled drama queenOP, I go to that Starbucks at least once or twice a week and may see one smoker sitting outside every so often. For every customer pissed off like you, there are hundreds who appreciate the non smoking environment. Basically, Starbucks has told you to piss off. They don't want your business.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:29PM

I don't even smoke but I will.

The only thing worse than smokers are the anti-smoking Nazis who want to control them even where it doesn't affect them.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:34PM

kooky871 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In one of the most stupid decisions ever made, the
> South Riding Starbucks has banned smoking within
> 25' of its property.

Teehee.

Posted by: uh huh suuuure ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:40PM

Yeah, go organize your ring of smokers. Oh wait, never mind. Why? Because it isn't gonna happen. Shut the fuck up and go smoke in your car.

Posted by: GoGetCancer ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:43PM

kooky871 Wrote:
> 25' of its property. I'd say a good 50% of their
> customers are smokers and, for me anyway, it's
> been a place for me to go chill with friends, have
> a smoke, and relax. Now there is no local sit-down
> type place to do so. I know I'm in the minority
> for this opinion, but I thought it would be nice
> to thank them for the convenience they have
> created by having some people get together and
> stay exactly 25' away and have a few cigarettes.
> Let me know what you guys think.

So a merchant, on private property, doesn't want you morons smoking. I'm guessing that he thinks his actual customers would prefer not to breathe your fucking smoke. So, instead of sucking on a cancer stick, how about you suck on a big dick, and stop whining?

Posted by: Sharon Bulova Strikes Back ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:45PM

She knows she can't outlaw smoking in the county but she can raise the cigarette tax and she will tax places that allow smoking. They already did it in Falls Church, that's why the Z Lounge is now some monkey face yogurt place.

Posted by: I'm Down ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:47PM

Make a Facebook event. Craigslist event or just tell us the time and place here. We can color coordinate our shirts or something, take some pics.

Posted by: kick butt ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:58PM

The only thing that pisses me off more than smelling that nasty shit in public are the assholes that flick their butts out the window like the earth is a trash can . It would be justice to set a bag of dirty diapers on their table while sipping their lattes, that's the equivilant of what it like for the majority of us that respect our health and the right of others to do likewise.

Posted by: Oblivious Straight Man ()
Date: May 27, 2013 02:09PM

Wait, do you want to make a ring of pole-smokers?

Not sure I'm digging that...

Posted by: AntiSmoking has gone too far ()
Date: May 27, 2013 05:59PM

Starbucks has a right to not allow smoking but some of you need to check your anger over second hand smoke OUTSIDE. You sound like anal self righteous pricks compensating for your small lot in life.

Posted by: joe hindenburg ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:16PM

AntiSmoking has gone too far Wrote:
> Starbucks has a right to not allow smoking but
> some of you need to check your anger over second
> hand smoke OUTSIDE. You sound like anal self
> righteous pricks compensating for your small lot
> in life.

My day is made when Im riding in an elevator with some dick who has been outside smoking on his eighth smoke break of the day and I get to smell his ashtray cologne the whole way up. Ill crack a huge fart before exiting just to return the favor.

Posted by: Smokin' Joe Frasier ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:28PM

joe hindenburg Wrote:
>
> My day is made when Im riding in an elevator with
> some dick who has been outside smoking on his
> eighth smoke break of the day and I get to smell
> his ashtray cologne the whole way up. Ill crack a
> huge fart before exiting just to return the favor.

Admit it...

You want him...

So badly...

Posted by: Speed Rules ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:57PM

Yeah, it's better to kill yourself with caffeine.

Starbucks is just trying to sell more coffee by eliminating competing products.

Posted by: Speed Rules ()
Date: May 27, 2013 07:01PM

Speed rules!
Attachments:
coffee3.png

Posted by: Fat ass ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:13PM

joe hindenburg Wrote:
> My day is made when Im riding in an elevator with
> some dick who has been outside smoking on his
> eighth smoke break of the day and I get to smell
> his ashtray cologne the whole way up. Ill crack a
> huge fart before exiting just to return the favor.

Take the stairs fatso.

Posted by: Speed Rules sucks cock ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:30PM

Posted by: mr.xx ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:31PM

hello this is fairfax underground not loudon underground we dont care

Posted by: derp ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:32PM

Posted by: Herp ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:41PM

derp Wrote:
> Smokers Have Lower IQs Than Non-Smokers
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/10040
> 1151746.html

Second-hand smoke Nazis score even lower:

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1344372245941_716625.png

Posted by: FUCK YOU SMOKERS! ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:46PM

Attachments:
25cig1-cityroom-blogSpan.jpg

Posted by: Smokey Smokerson ()
Date: May 27, 2013 08:53PM

Banning smoking inside your establishment is fine, but banning it for 25' around your establishment? Give me a break. I'm a smoker, and I'm very conscientious about smoking around others indoors, but when you get outside it's a different story. Nothing irks me more than some asshat fake coughing when someone is outdoors and smoking near them with the smoke blowing in the other direction. Nine times out of ten it's a reformed smoker, just pissed because they can't light up too.

As for Starbucks, who are they to say people can't smoke within 25' of their property? Fucking making a ring 25' away from their property. Make one 1' away from their property. As long as you are not on their property they can fuck off.

Posted by: SLK ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:02PM

so what will they do if you break this new rule? call the police? hahahahaha

Posted by: BULLSHIT? ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:06PM

Source of this news? I found nothing.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:43PM

Sbux sucks but I applaud the decision. Smoking is a vile disgusting habit.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:48PM

Remember when they predicted the end of civilization (and restaurants) because smoking was banned in restaurants/bars? They were very wrong. People avoided these places because of the smoke. It was nasty.

The best part is people gathering up and loudly protesting that they should be allowed to engage in this unwise, obnoxious, and sociopathic behavior that negatively affects the majority.

Here's are two good picketing signs: "YOU HAVE TO LET US DO STUPID STUFF THAT BOTHERS OTHERS" and "MY CHOICES ARE UNWISE AND WISER ONES MUST DEAL WITH ME"

Have you thought of why they need to make these rules/laws? They are necessary because enough smokers are inconsiderate. They would be unnecessary if enough smokers exhibited common courtesy and consideration for others.

The non-smokers, which are the majority here, have a right to not be bothered with smokers' unwise choice and bad habit. Polite smokers shouldn't be affected because they're not engaging in the prohibited behavior. The addicted smokers are the assholes that think their right to smoke is more important than others' right to not have to put up with it.

Do you jerk smokers want courtesy and consideration? I respect your right to smoke if you don't bother me with it. It would be better if you entered and completed a smoking cessation program. Smoking has been proven to be both addictive and horrible for your health. You probably shouldn't smoke.

There's a social stigma for farting and being unclean. I'm seeing a growing stigma for smelling like cigarettes and smoking where it bothers others. It is unheard of to be publicly protesting your right to make people smell your farts and body odor. Maybe someday it will be just as rare to make people smell your smoke and stink.

Posted by: Willy Wonka ()
Date: May 27, 2013 10:44PM

496 Wrote:
> Sbux sucks but I applaud the decision. Smoking is
> a vile disgusting habit.

I can think of another.
Attachments:
nose-picking-4.jpg

Posted by: Ex-Smoker ()
Date: May 27, 2013 10:58PM

A review of the facts...

1) Smoking causes cancer and increases smokers' risk for other cardio-vascular and respiratory illnesses.

2) Breathing second-hand smoke increases your risk for said illnesses.

3) Breathing third-hand smoke (that which was absorbed into clothing, etc.) increases your risk for said illnesses.

4) Despite the fact that as of 5 years ago there are more American cigarettes being exported then being sold domestically on an annual basis...people still continue to smoke. Unreal.

Posted by: Get real ()
Date: May 27, 2013 11:11PM

Ex-Smoker Wrote:
> A review of the facts...
>
> 1) Smoking causes cancer and increases smokers'
> risk for other cardio-vascular and respiratory
> illnesses.

Being an overweight fat ass from the 30 grams of fat in your Grande Mocha Latte with double whipped cream every day is even worse for you.

>
> 2) Breathing second-hand smoke increases your risk
> for said illnesses.

BS other than possibly some rare extreme circumstances.

>
> 3) Breathing third-hand smoke (that which was
> absorbed into clothing, etc.) increases your risk
> for said illnesses.

Complete BS.

> 4) Despite the fact that as of 5 years ago there
> are more American cigarettes being exported then
> being sold domestically on an annual
> basis...people still continue to smoke. Unreal.

Irrelevant BS.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: May 27, 2013 11:59PM

Get real Wrote:
> Ex-Smoker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A review of the facts...
> Irrelevant BS.

Relevant:

Smoking has no health risks and does not bother anybody.

Other things are unhealthy, so smoking should be allowed everywhere - and everybody that doesn't smoke should have to put up with it.

Places that sell unhealthy food should require people to smoke since smoking is safer. There should be a law requiring one cigarette smoked per Big Mac.

People who don't smoke want to smell smokers every time they enter or leave a building, or while they're driving.

Smokers are nice people that are always considerate of others.

Posted by: Marlboro Man ()
Date: May 28, 2013 12:22AM

wnrsm Wrote:
> Get real Wrote:
> -----
> > Ex-Smoker Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > A review of the facts...
> > Irrelevant BS.
>
> Relevant:
>
> Smoking has no health risks and does not bother
> anybody.
>
> Other things are unhealthy, so smoking should be
> allowed everywhere - and everybody that doesn't
> smoke should have to put up with it.
>
> Places that sell unhealthy food should require
> people to smoke since smoking is safer. There
> should be a law requiring one cigarette smoked per
> Big Mac.
>
> People who don't smoke want to smell smokers every
> time they enter or leave a building, or while
> they're driving.
>
> Smokers are nice people that are always
> considerate of others.

Works better when you quote somebody if you respond to what was actually written.

Not for your own purposes of course but that's kind of the convention. lol

Posted by: Mr GFR ()
Date: May 28, 2013 02:33AM

While I hate smoking and think banning it in bars was a great day in history....WTF? How can they say you can not smoke within 25 feet of the store? What legal standing do they have? Who would enforce this as it would be a civil matter and not enforceable by the police.

Posted by: OP - Troll Champion May 2013 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 04:44AM

Congratulations to the OP! Your troll post really took off. I asked the manager of the Starbucks labout the smoking ban and she had no clue what I was talking about.

Posted by: What a douche ()
Date: May 28, 2013 06:50AM

OP - Troll Champion May 2013 Wrote:
> Congratulations to the OP! Your troll post really
> took off. I asked the manager of the Starbucks
> labout the smoking ban and she had no clue what I
> was talking about.

What the fuck? The OP Wasted all of our time with this trolling.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: May 28, 2013 09:20AM

GoGetCancer Wrote:
> kooky871 Wrote:
> -----
> > In one of the most stupid decisions ever made,
> the
> > South Riding Starbucks has banned smoking
> within
> > 25' of its property. I'd say a good 50% of
> their
> > customers are smokers and, for me anyway, it's
> > been a place for me to go chill with friends,
> have
> > a smoke, and relax. Now there is no local
> sit-down
> > type place to do so. I know I'm in the minority
> > for this opinion, but I thought it would be
> nice
> > to thank them for the convenience they have
> > created by having some people get together and
> > stay exactly 25' away and have a few
> cigarettes.
> > Let me know what you guys think.
>
> So a merchant, on private property, doesn't want
> you morons smoking. I'm guessing that he thinks
> his actual customers would prefer not to breathe
> your fucking smoke. So, instead of sucking on a
> cancer stick, how about you suck on a big dick,
> and stop whining?

That Starbucks is the worst for trying to get in an out of. A bunch of freakin house fraus insist on pushing their oversized strollers inside an others hold up the line as their spoiled brats with stupid names like "Conner", "Hunter", etc fawn over the menu ordering their own drink. How about taking them to Dairy Queen instead and leave the Starbucks to the adults who need to get in and out quickly?

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: May 28, 2013 09:22AM

Mr GFR Wrote:
> While I hate smoking and think banning it in bars
> was a great day in history....WTF? How can they
> say you can not smoke within 25 feet of the store?
> What legal standing do they have? Who would
> enforce this as it would be a civil matter and not
> enforceable by the police.

They have an outdoor seating area. I suppose this is to protect the customers that use that section.

Posted by: NoSmoking, You Dumbasses ()
Date: May 28, 2013 09:49AM

LetsRock Wrote:
> Mr GFR Wrote:
> -----
> > While I hate smoking and think banning it in
> bars
> > was a great day in history....WTF? How can they
> > say you can not smoke within 25 feet of the
> store?
> > What legal standing do they have? Who would
> > enforce this as it would be a civil matter and
> not
> > enforceable by the police.
>
>
> They have an outdoor seating area. I suppose this
> is to protect the customers that use that section.

Ding, ding, ding. Private property. They can say "you can't smoke on our property."

Posted by: who the fuck cares ()
Date: May 28, 2013 09:56AM

kooky871 Wrote:
> 25' of its property. I'd say a good 50% of their
> customers are smokers and, for me anyway, it's
> been a place for me to go chill with friends, have
> a smoke, and relax. Now there is no local sit-down
> type place to do so. I know I'm in the minority
> for this opinion, but I thought it would be nice
> to thank them for the convenience they have
> created by having some people get together and
> stay exactly 25' away and have a few cigarettes.
> Let me know what you guys think.

ARGO, FUCK YOURSELF OP!!!!!!!!

Posted by: aaaaa ()
Date: May 28, 2013 09:57AM

The Starbucks on Old Keene Mill rd in the Whole Foods shopping center has also banned smoking.

Posted by: Rocco ()
Date: May 28, 2013 10:39AM

I am one of those occasional smokers. Have a beer and a smoke from time to time kind of thing.

What can you say other than there are assholes on both sides of this argument? If you smoke, use common courtesy and don't blow it in people's faces..step away from door openings etc. If you don't smoke don't over react when you see or smell a slight hint of smoke from a far.

You have the jerk who sits with his windows rolled up and smells like a walking smoke stack .. Then you have the self righteous jerk who wants to scrunch their face up every time they see someone a mile away smoking.

Oh and remember pretty much everywhere in the world people smoke a lot more than they do here, so remember you non smoking crusaders, don't export your sour attitude if / when you go abroad.

Posted by: Señor Wax ()
Date: May 29, 2013 03:29PM

Saw the same 25' rule on a sign at the Vienna Starbucks today, is this new Starbucks policy?

Not a smoker, but think this is ridiculous. How many more nanny state rules will be cook up so the fat haus fraus will shut up.

When we've fixed the deficit, teenage pregnancy, our divided society and the war machine we should get to second hand smoke. I'll pick up a crumpled pack up camels for a day to join your protest.

Posted by: K. Lepto ()
Date: May 29, 2013 03:42PM

I'm Down Wrote:
> Make a Facebook event. Craigslist event or just
> tell us the time and place here. We can color
> coordinate our shirts or something, take some
> pics.

Or you can color coordinate your teeth... YELLOW or BROWN!
And color coordinate your lungs... BLACK!

Posted by: You're Not Smart ()
Date: May 29, 2013 04:27PM

NoSmoking, You Dumbasses Wrote:
> LetsRock Wrote:
> -----
> > Mr GFR Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > While I hate smoking and think banning it in
> > bars
> > > was a great day in history....WTF? How can
> they
> > > say you can not smoke within 25 feet of the
> > store?
> > > What legal standing do they have? Who would
> > > enforce this as it would be a civil matter
> and
> > not
> > > enforceable by the police.
> >
> >
> > They have an outdoor seating area. I suppose
> this
> > is to protect the customers that use that
> section.
>
> Ding, ding, ding. Private property. They can say
> "you can't smoke on our property."

Yes but they can't say "No smoking within 25' of our property" I can go a cigarette 1" off their fucking property if I want. Get it?

Date: May 29, 2013 06:00PM

NoSmoking, You Dumbasses Wrote:
> LetsRock Wrote:
> -----
> > Mr GFR Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > While I hate smoking and think banning it in
> > bars
> > > was a great day in history....WTF? How can
> they
> > > say you can not smoke within 25 feet of the
> > store?
> > > What legal standing do they have? Who would
> > > enforce this as it would be a civil matter
> and
> > not
> > > enforceable by the police.
> >
> >
> > They have an outdoor seating area. I suppose
> this
> > is to protect the customers that use that
> section.
>
> Ding, ding, ding. Private property. They can say
> "you can't smoke on our property."

And who is going to enforce it? Smoke all you want 15' from the front door. See how long the manager takes to tell you to leave. I doubt the employees are going to be "patrolling the parking" lot for smoking when they need to be making me my extra large coffee. The most they can do is say you are trespassing if you refuse to leave. Make them call the cops and then leave as the cop pulls in. Do it all again the next day.

Posted by: K. Lepto ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:02PM

You're Not Smart Wrote:

> Yes but they can't say "No smoking within 25' of
> our property" I can go a cigarette 1" off their
> fucking property if I want. Get it?

Usually the whole shopping center, parking lot and all, are private property and the owners can make up whatever rules they want.

Date: May 29, 2013 10:42PM

K. Lepto Wrote:
> You're Not Smart Wrote:
>
> > Yes but they can't say "No smoking within 25'
> of
> > our property" I can go a cigarette 1" off
> their
> > fucking property if I want. Get it?
>
>
> Usually the whole shopping center, parking lot and
> all, are private property and the owners can make
> up whatever rules they want.

Read the post above this...same thing.

Posted by: fuck the smokers! ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:25PM

Posted by: kekeke ()
Date: May 31, 2013 01:56PM

@Oh_Well "Anyone who smokes has no rights and is a total moron."

You really don't deserve to be an American.
Reading through the rudeness and stupidity of this, the incredibly low level of intellect on both sides, coupled with the nasty authoritarianism the anti-smoking nazis bring to it, makes me never want to go back to the US. I've been out for 8 years and it just seems like the average person has dropped an IQ point for every pound they've picked up. What we have in this thread is not even a freakin' conversation, it's just dumb people and dumber people yelling at each other, with one side crowing about how they get to take the other side's rights away.

I didn't like Starbucks back when I lived there, and now I guess it's the only place you poor fat idiots have to drink your lattes while you're waiting to die, but just for mercy's sake I really hope the US economy goes into its final implosion sooner rather than later, to spare the rest of the world another generation of your devolution into obese, fascist Starbucks-loving twats.

Posted by: kekeke is a douche nozzle ()
Date: May 31, 2013 03:05PM

Fuck you and stay out of the US. We don't need your whiny faggot ass here.

Posted by: Lost Generation ()
Date: May 31, 2013 03:10PM

I didn't like Starbucks back when I lived there, and now I guess it's the only place you poor fat idiots have to drink your lattes while you're waiting to die, but just for mercy's sake I really hope the US economy goes into its final implosion sooner rather than later, to spare the rest of the world another generation of your devolution into obese, fascist Starbucks-loving twats.

Oh dears, your panties appear to be in a bit of a twist, with all that American expat angst...so sorry we lumbering fat-ass Americans are so embarrassing to your sensibilities By all means, stay in France with your skinny-pants hipster crowd and watch history pass you by.

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: May 31, 2013 03:37PM

First, I'm an ex-smoker, only about 2 year removed. I'm not a Nazi, but I do encourage friends to quit and think it's a disgusting habit that I'm a bit pissed at myself for wasting 15 years of my life on.

Secondly, though it's their own property and they can do whatever they like, it's a bit hypocritical to outlaw smoking within 25' of their store entrance, yet peddle their own addictive, toxic substances in their establishments every few miles in urban areas. 300mg+ caffeine in a cup of coffee. Are you fucking serious? Then again, there aren't a lot of cases of second hand caffeine...

And to the douche OP...if Starbucks was your place to relax and have a smoke, I'm guessing you don't smoke at home. Do you not smoke at home because it's disguesting and don't want your house smelling like shit?

Exactly.

Posted by: Caffeine Irine ()
Date: May 31, 2013 04:07PM

There are websites for those who are, shall we say, "interested" in second hand caffeine.

Posted by: Patient Explanation. ()
Date: May 31, 2013 06:21PM

You're Not Smart Wrote:
> NoSmoking, You Dumbasses Wrote:
> -----
> > LetsRock Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Mr GFR Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > While I hate smoking and think banning it
> in
> > > bars
> > > > was a great day in history....WTF? How can
> > they
> > > > say you can not smoke within 25 feet of the
> > > store?
> > > > What legal standing do they have? Who would
> > > > enforce this as it would be a civil matter
> > and
> > > not
> > > > enforceable by the police.
> > >
> > >
> > > They have an outdoor seating area. I suppose
> > this
> > > is to protect the customers that use that
> > section.
> >
> > Ding, ding, ding. Private property. They can
> say
> > "you can't smoke on our property."
>
>
> Yes but they can't say "No smoking within 25' of
> our property" I can go a cigarette 1" off their
> fucking property if I want. Get it?

This is because they worded their policy poorly. The correct interpretation is "You are not Allowed to Smoke on Property Starbucks Pays Rent on Within 25 Feet of the Entrance to our Store".

What they're trying to do is reduce the number of people who set up camp outside their stores and smoke up while drinking their ridiculously overpriced coffee, likely because a bunch of non-smokers whined about the smell.

As to what they'll do if you do smoke while sitting outside their stores, I anticipate an escalation something like this. First, the assistant manager on duty will ask you, in tones ranging from obsequiously polite to slightly nasty, to please put your cigarette out. After you tell them to go fuck themselves, they will ask you to leave. At that point, you're a trespasser*, and they will go and call the police. When the police show up and depending on how huge of a dick the officer is (as you've already proven yourself a dick), the officer will either order you to leave or just arrest you on the spot for trespassing.

Personally, I'm not going to pick a fight with someone just because Starbucks doesn't want me to smoke near their stores. There's very little upside and a huge fucking downside.

If you want to do so to prove how right you are, be my guest.

*See Code of Virginia § 18.2-119. Trespass after having been forbidden to do so; penalties. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-119

Posted by: Yorgai ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:38PM

Joseph Stalin smoked and he turned out okay.

Posted by: Reductio ad Hitlerum ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:53PM

Yorgai Wrote:
> Joseph Stalin smoked and he turned out okay.

Hitler, on the other hand, was a nonsmoking vegetarian, much as I believe the people ultimately responsible for the smoking ban at Starbucks are.

Posted by: iodine ()
Date: May 31, 2013 10:19PM

meh
Attachments:
images.jpg

Posted by: I've been to Starbucks like once ()
Date: June 01, 2013 08:29AM

Is using electronic cigarettes (vaping) allowed inside Starbucks?

Posted by: kekeke ()
Date: June 01, 2013 08:45AM

@Que:
"it's their own property and they can do whatever they like"

Funny how that doesn't apply to bar owners who want to smoke in their own establishment.

In America you can do whatever you like on your property -- as long as it's exactly what the nanny state wants you to do.

Posted by: die smokers die ()
Date: June 01, 2013 08:50AM

Fucking cigarette smokers are disgusting. I love how upset they get when the screws tighten. Fuck them. Enjoy the pain of emphesyma, bitches.

Posted by: smoke comrade, smoke! ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:01AM

Even a shithole like Russia is banning smoking...and 55% of the males in that country smoke.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/01/18656224-russian-smokers-bemoan-doomed-country-as-ban-kicks-in?lite

Posted by: epukJ ()
Date: June 02, 2013 09:23AM

This policy is chain-wide not just South Riding.

Posted by: epukJ ()
Date: June 02, 2013 09:35AM

Posted by: fuck the smokers! ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:25PM

It's not just around here. It's nationwide.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/starbucks-set-to-ban-smoking-within-25-feet-of-stores/-/475880/20351404/-/hrr0uw/-/index.html

Posted by: jungle fever ()
Date: June 02, 2013 08:22PM

Give it another generation and the only people smoking will be the uneducated, poor, bottom rung of society

Posted by: Harleyrider ()
Date: June 13, 2013 04:33PM

...Wow...Lots of bashing back and forth...I'm a smoker...Could care less if they ban cigs at Fukbucks...

I started at age 9, stealing packs from my dad, kents, and they were harsh. I'm 59 now, and haven't ever consitered stopping. I'm healthy as a horse, and have no lung problems..if it happens. Shame on me..It's still my choice..

Back in the day, Mom and the whole world smoked everywhere...Stores, movies, busses, grocery stores, everywhere...We all smelled like cigs back then..I personally hate the smell, and choose to smoke outdoors...

Lets NOT FORGET that this great country of ours was founded on two things..

Tobacco and Alcohol...

So...You all bash this arguement back and forth..who fucking cares..Smoke, Don't..Bitch or not..Fuck you all and your opinions..

So..yesterday, I happened to be at Starbucks...not one sign outside, and I was smoking..This employee came up to me, and said, not so politely too, no smoking allowed...

I looked up, puffed my smoke, and said, fine, when I'm done, I'll leave and not return..keep my Gold card. I have no use for it... I tossed it his way, told him to enjoy the 7 bucks left on it, and went my way..

So..lets sumerize.. Fuck me..Fuck you..Fuck us all !

I'm moving to New Zealand anyways...Bitches Beware....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.