HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Street Racing in Burke. . . REAL cool
Posted by: VicTry ()
Date: February 13, 2006 10:18PM

I dont know if anyone has ever driven through burke on a late night, but there are these guys that hang out over by that wendy's and well, just curious if any of you know them and what your opinions are....they havent made a very lasting one on me. Dont get me wrong, I love cars and racing, they just seem like a bunch of pricks with rice rockets....My 2, but just puttin it out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2006 10:18PM by VicTry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Street Racing in Burke. . . REAL cool
Posted by: Left Scrotum ()
Date: February 13, 2006 10:25PM

Crazy to be racing in FFX county, virtually gauranteed jail time and possible seizure of vehicle.

Take it to MD where its an infraction and the $250 fine is prepayable...lol

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: February 14, 2006 12:14AM

yes, PLEASE take it to Maryland!

Posted by: A'rn ()
Date: February 14, 2006 12:45PM

Hey, remember "The Fast and the Furious?" Remember how it was a movie? Remember how it was a fucking stupid movie?

Yeah.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 14, 2006 03:02PM

A'rn,
  im no street racing fan but The Fast and the Furious was a good movie. additionally, it was extremely popular. it would seem you are the "fucking stupid" one here.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: m ()
Date: February 14, 2006 03:45PM

If the rice rods took it to Maryland they would lose becasue a lot of racers up their have Tricked out Trans AM's, Camaros and BMWS that would rape the ricers.

Posted by: Left Scrotum ()
Date: February 14, 2006 04:34PM

m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the rice rods took it to Maryland they would
> lose becasue a lot of racers up their have Tricked
> out Trans AM's, Camaros and BMWS that would rape
> the ricers.

Indeed, those ricers at malaks springfield need to all go home and play with their XBOX 360's. LOL

Date: February 14, 2006 05:58PM

Yea ive seen those guys at springfield, all crap

Posted by: Bballr ()
Date: February 14, 2006 08:16PM

Actually, The Fast and The Furious was a horrible movie. It was popular, but the acting was terrible and the storyline was shity.

Posted by: uhhcya ()
Date: February 14, 2006 09:45PM

lmao - u think thats bad go to manassas

Posted by: Slow n furious ()
Date: February 15, 2006 03:28PM

I used to hang out with some of them over at shell...it's really just a place to talk shit and not do anything about it. We used to go up to MD all the time at point of rocks and set up on the bridge and slut the "tricked out TA's and BMW's"... these guys aren't the ricers from springfield an franconia...

Posted by: my 2 cents ()
Date: February 15, 2006 08:28PM

Racing is cool. Street racing is dumb. No, stupid! A lot of people think that there is nothing wrong with street racing. And as long as everything goes ok I guess there isn't. Kind of a "no harm, no foul" thinking. Problem is that things do go wrong.

There is a young girl who lives near me that is testament to that. She is 12 years old and was seriously injured in a street racing accident. Two cars were racing on a 2 lane divided roadway. She and her mother were going the other direction sitting at a light. One of the cars lost control and started skidding toward them. Before they realized it was coming they were hit head on. Both the mother and daughter received serious injuries. The mother faired much better than the daughter though. The mother healed with no after effects. After several surgeries though, this young girl still is not back to normal. It has been over a year now and she still cannot eat real food. She still has to pee in a bag and she will never ever again be completely well. She hasn’t been able to go back to school and cannot leave the house except for doctors appointments.

The driver of the car that was racing received no injuries. (Figures) Now the only crime this young girl committed was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And her parents may loose everything they have trying to pay her medical bills. The insurance the guy had didn’t cover a fraction of it. The family insurance doesn’t come close to covering all of it. The family has to pay for it through their savings. Somehow I just don’t see where that is right. This guy has gone on with his life and the family of this girl is still going through hell for his indiscretion.

So keep this in mind if you are a street racer. You don’t have the right to race on the street. My family and my friends use the same street that you do. Or maybe it will be someone you care about next time. Thing is, we all have to share the road. Let’s do it safely. Go to a track if you want to race.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: February 15, 2006 09:21PM

very touching

Posted by: § ()
Date: February 16, 2006 10:54AM

Ok.....My question is.....

Why the hell didn't she sue??? Even if this guy had nothing to collect, I'd make a point to punish him. -§

Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: February 16, 2006 03:19PM

Street racing is dumb idiotic ricers, take it to the track!

Posted by: my 2 cents ()
Date: February 16, 2006 10:16PM

They will sue. Normally you wait 2 years to file the suit. Guess they figure that most of the bills will be made by then and the healing will be well on its way. What little they will get from the insurance company, (and when I say little I am thinking 250 to 300 thousand) will not cover everything. There are policy limits a lot of the time on what you can get from a persons insurance company, once the money is gone it is gone, even with insurance. After that you can squeeze all you want, you don't get blood from a rock. They will never recover enough money to pay her medical bills, which will most likely continue in some fashion for the rest of her life. Plus, this girl has had life as she knew it, as her friends know it, taken away from her. No amount of money they get from this guy will ever off set all of the cost, not to mention make up for the suffering she and her family has been through.

It is bad enough to see kids go out here and hurt and kill them selves by driving stupid. But no one has the right to decide the fate of someone else through their inconsiderate actions. Just remember, when you drive you don't just have your life in your hands. There are other people to consider who use the road and the family and friends of the people who are left behind.

Posted by: fventura03 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 10:46PM

I hate people that race on public roads, then things happen like "my 2 cents" stated.

Local meets are cool, hang out, talk or whatever. But racing should be kept on the track.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: February 16, 2006 11:29PM

I am not a lawyer, yet, but the statute of limitations on personal injury in VA is 2 years so they better get it done before then. Once they get judgment against the guy I'm pretty sure the sheriff can garnish this kid's wages for the rest of his life until it's paid off. With our glorious leader's new bankruptcy laws, he'd be hard pressed to get out of it too.

Date: February 17, 2006 11:45AM

Echo JD's comments. The SOL is 2 years and wages can be garnished for the rest of his working life if the judgment sees fit. -§

Posted by: m ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:34PM

Their needs to be a track built in "NOVA" but land cost to much, maybe 1/4 mile of park land could be used. That would help.

Posted by: T ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:51PM

Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas has an 1/8 mile dragstrip. Bracket racing and all that. Friday nights during the spring/summer/fall.

Date: February 17, 2006 08:28PM

i had a similar thought... why dont they just build a strip and label it "at your own risk". only seems fair. though that really does suck (that doesnt cover it at all though) for that kid.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Turbo Mirage ()
Date: February 22, 2006 09:56PM

VicTry Wrote:
> I dont know if anyone has ever driven through
> burke on a late night, but there are these guys
> that hang out over by that wendy's and well, just
> curious if any of you know them and what your
> opinions are....they havent made a very lasting
> one on me. Dont get me wrong, I love cars and
> racing, they just seem like a bunch of pricks with
> rice rockets....My 2, but just puttin it out
> there.

Most of them are fags and non racers..but how about you? care to race a stock mirage turbo for some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Slow n furious Wrote:
> I used to hang out with some of them over at
> shell...it's really just a place to talk shit and
> not do anything about it. We used to go up to MD
> all the time at point of rocks and set up on the
> bridge and slut the "tricked out TA's and
> BMW's"... these guys aren't the ricers from
> springfield an franconia...

Who are you ? Leesburg is waaaay too hot and it's far as shit. There are people who race in burke all the time during the summer (A couple of my friends and I).

As for the other clowns talking about take it to the track, the closest 1/4 tracks are over an hour drive and cost 20 bucks to get in. Crapitol fucking sucks and theirs a dip in one of the tracks, won't ever go back.. MIR is only open like twice a month for test and tune. Why spend a whole day driving, pay 20 bucks (plus gas and $$ for expensive food) for 2 runs down a track. Don't get me wrong, I race at the good events .. As my good friend put it "Street racing is close, free, and easy". which leads me to my next point.. 99% people who have high hp street cars have at least a small worry about breaking stuff on their cars . a 20 dollar trip to the track now became a $200 dollar trip because something broke and the car can't drive home .Happened with my clutch but fortunately I was able to get the car back home but you'd better believe it was hard and took alot longer, not mentioning the damage my tranny took by the shifting. In one of my other cars, I blew the motor on the street and got a free tow (through insurance) back to my house. Mannassas is a total shit box too, they don't even prep for test and tune and they yell at you for doing a burn out past the box (on wednesday night at 5:00 when there are all of four people at the track).

Fairfax county legislators have blocked numerous attempts for privately owned 1/4 mile strips in fairfax county. They don't feel it's an efficient use for land.Citizens throw a fit about the neighbors having a small get together past 9pm, there might be a riot if there was a racetrack within 5 miles of their house.

It's unfortunate that dipshits give street racing a bad name by racing in broad daylight, weaving in and out of cars, etc. Most racing isn't like that..It's done late at night in the backwoods, and even then you have to worry about the fucking cops. Although I don't like those who wrecklessly drive, I feel that the responsibility for 3rd party injuries lays mostly with the politicians and the citizens. See, everyone pays tax for the roads..so if you think about it, people do have a right to race on the street. Maybe not a right to race on the street, but they do have the right to see where their money goes..A better idea would be a county/state funded(subsidised) race track. Some may say 'I don't want my money going to something I don't use or care for' but your tax money pays for 10,000 other worthless special interest programs in the government, when was the last time the average fairfax county resident got use from the food stamp program? Herndon Day Laborors ring a bell? How many people pay taxes, that go for schools(52% of the budget), yet have no children attending?

It's easy to sit back and say 'take it to track', but hard to walk a day in the shoes..

/endrant

Date: February 23, 2006 09:33AM

i wasnt saying "take it to a track" but rather that they should build a track. it is crappy that unfairfax denied the ability to build a strip. perhaps some racers should smash the mayor in his car and leave a note saying, "it's too bad i didnt have a real track to race on. perhaps you could reconsider letting us build one." :P

Date: February 23, 2006 10:46AM

I've got mixed feelings about tuners (ricers) and street racing. I'll start off with the street racing.

I agree with a lot of the things that Turbo Mirage said about street racing. As long as it's done safely where there's no chance for a child to go running out in the street or some uninvolved person driving home from a long bad day at work winds up in an accident because of people racing. I would much prefer them go to a track but I also understand going to a track can be a pain in the ass like in the case where TM had lost his clutch at the track. Unfortunately, I don't expect FFX Co to put in any kind of track around here. You'll probably have more luck in Loudon. FFX Co is much more interested in building more houses so they can continue raising the property tax. I can't see what benefit FFX Co would get to building a track except to get the racers off of the street. And they would only be able to charge so much before people decide to stop paying and continue racing on the street again.

As for tuners/ricers. I can understand some of the reasoning behind it. It's a feeling of accomplishment when you work on something like that and make it work and make it better and make it YOURS instead of the every day car that rolls off of the dealers lot. But at the same time you see people buying cars worth no more then $5,000 and sticking $10,000 or more of tuning stuff in there. Why not save up the money and just buy a nicer car and then make mods to it. You wouldn't even have to mod it as much. Next thing you know with the cheaper cars and modding them, you wind up having the spend more and more money putting in more high performance parts simply because the stock parts of the car can't handle the extra performance you added not too long ago. And then you have the people who "tune" their cars when all they do is stick on an exhaust tip, put a bunch of stickers on their car, stick an intake the size of a melon on it, lower it, put on bling bling wheels, and put a giant wing on the car. All that does is make the car loud and ugly (not always but usually) and doesn't "tune" the car significantly enough to make a difference. I would much rather see a car that doesn't look obviously "tuned" with all of the stickers, a functional wing, whatever under the hood and watch the sucker take off and leave me in his dust. Loud does not always equal fast.

Date: February 23, 2006 04:29PM

The reason why most people don't do mods to expensive cars is because when something breaks on that, it costs an arm and a leg to fix. For example, DSM tranny's are a dime a dozen, they cost like 200 bucks. Transmission's for EVO's cost 4000 +200 bucks.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 23, 2006 05:12PM

I personally would like to see more motorcycle racing on our roads. That way I am nice and safe in my car or inside a building when they wreck, but I still get a cool live sports experience.

Date: February 23, 2006 05:41PM

Some expensive cars and trucks were meant for mods. Take Land Rovers for example. I agree that there's nothing more annoying and ugly than a Corolla or Civic with a loud muffler and enough stickers to put an entire 2nd grade to shame. -§

Date: February 23, 2006 08:03PM

§,
  a Land Rover?! if you race a land rover, you would qualify as the biggest tool in the tristate area.

Trogdor the Burninator,
can't see what benefit FFX Co would get to building a track except to get the racers off of the street.

nobody said the county would pay for it. as previously stated:
Fairfax county legislators have blocked numerous attempts for privately owned 1/4 mile strips in fairfax county. They don't feel it's an efficient use for land.

if you ask me, it sounds stupid. all they want is to be able to tax the most people thus a racing strip wouldnt be able to tax more people. this is why i used satire to suggest smashing the mayor in his car.

Date: February 24, 2006 10:20AM

Land Rovers have been racing for over 50 years, mnostly in the desert and in other off-road treks. Granted it's less for speed and more for conquering terrain, but it's still a competition. G4 Challenge and Camel Trophy (not to be confused with Camel Toes) are a couple of well-known international races that come to mind. -§

Date: February 24, 2006 11:59PM

Turbo Mirage Wrote:
>
>
> Most of them are fags and non racers..but how
> about you? care to race a stock mirage turbo for
> some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

I barely have enough time between work and school to post on this board, more or less worry about a stock mirage. If i get a free min. maybe I will hit you up for a race.

Date: February 25, 2006 04:38AM

§ Wrote:
> Land Rovers have been racing for over 50 years,
> mnostly in the desert and in other off-road treks.
> Granted it's less for speed and more for
> conquering terrain, but it's still a competition.
> G4 Challenge and Camel Trophy (not to be confused
> with Camel Toes) are a couple of well-known
> international races that come to mind. -§

deserts and off-road treks... yeah, we have those in fairfax. i stick by my statement: "if you race a land rover, you would qualify as the biggest tool in the tristate area."

Date: February 26, 2006 08:04PM

should be easy money then right?

Date: February 27, 2006 10:46AM

I really don't care about racing all that much, but if I did, I'd say that pavement is too predictable. -§

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: February 27, 2006 03:18PM

Turbo Mirage Wrote:
> should be easy money then right?

yes it should i will take the offer

Hey where else is there a race track
Posted by: TCwrx ()
Date: March 13, 2006 05:33PM

I HEARD THERE WAS A RACE TRACK IN ARLINGTON OR SOMETHING ..... I THINK IMA CHECK IT OUT. .... ANYONE IN HERE HAS A WRX ????

Posted by: srA ()
Date: March 13, 2006 10:19PM

NO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP SCREAMING

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: March 17, 2006 03:08AM

Well the whole thing about wendeys and Shell gas station is, people have no place to go or nothing to do.....

I mean cmon now, we live in a area with trees roads and houses......Fairfax may be one of the richest countys but it would pass for being one of the most boring ones too.

Thats the whole reason why there is soo much interest in cars or going to fast food restaurants as a "Hang out" spot...BECAUSE WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO!!...not to mention how lame parties are in our area....beer pong and more beer....and just a whole bunch of people crammed up in a house.....Maybe thats to me cause i dont really enjoy drinking or getting high as alot of people do around our area.

There is Airsoft CQB....i go play there and sometimes go snowboarding....But other than that....nothing to do.....Even those get boring and expensive....Snowboaring is about 2 hours of driving.....
I use to Dirt Bike...But not having a truck or a place to ride when i moved to fairfax i was bummed and my Bike still sits in my garage.....

But instead of whinning I will hopefully move to Cali....
I seriously hate it here.....Why? It Bores the life out of me...

I know i dont stand alone....

About shell gas station......Nice cars go up there.....C5 corvettes.....Corvette Z06's, Evo 9's M3's shit load of 350Z's....Ferraries, S2000, Supras and many many more.......

Also those Hondas you call ricers are actually very very fast....they spend aboout 10k and get a 9 second car........I know with my Z06 i would lose to them.....For me to beat them i would need to drop 25k additional to the 45k on my car.. People in our area really do need a hang out spot where everyone can hang out and meet people.....Fairfax thinks too highly of business and Growth....... If they took care of the teens around our area, they would have less problems with such things as street racing.....

I really hate it here cause we seriously have nothing to do.....

Date: March 17, 2006 03:22AM

Talking about nothing to do.....

I remmember how excited i was on getting my license and a car....

I always thought to myself, when i get a car i will go everywhere and i ll have soo much fun bla bla bla...

But when i did get a car....the question hit me....."where do i go"?

"whats there to do"?

As friends every weekend we kinda get together....but then again...the question hits us....."what do we do"?

This is so sad....but i ve probably have seen every movie that came out....

Or I know of such games called starcraft and counter strike.....Why? nothing better to do..

When i was in california....I kept asking people if they have heard of a game called starcraft....Alot of responses i recived were...nah i dont watch star trek or ohhh star wars is awesome.......

People who are in charge of this county have the power to turn this around.....But everything is business & money.......Sucks that our families live here and we are stuck here until we have the power to move away....

Thats why You will see alot of people going to such places Such As Wendeys.....

Haha i came to my senses after going to california...."I cant belive we goto wendeys to hang out and not eat"

Date: March 17, 2006 12:22PM

You are the worst speller I've ever seen, Firrat. Do you ever fathom that you're bored because you have inferior intellectual ability?

Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: March 17, 2006 03:15PM

You got a point Firrat, if your not 21 there literally aint shit to do around here. I go down to Miami a few times a year and there is ALWAYS something to do there. You never see people hanging out at fast food places. Im sure Cali is the same way. I guess you can go to bars and clubs when ur 21 here, but that gets old especially since all the good ones are in DC and you have to find a way home if u drink so you dont get busted with a DWI. So yeah, VA does suck.

Date: March 19, 2006 10:51PM

Well There "Reston Peace"

From what i am trying to say, you attack me with my spelling....Sucks that i cant spell or maybe i can......maybe i dont care about my spelingh....it might be cause its a forum where i dont care to check back on what i wrote, grammer, or in what you have noticed from all that i have said "spelling"

Now I am very proud that you have noticed my spelling errors....But very disapointed that your worried more about my spelling then what i am trying to say....Instead of questioning me or agreeing with me, you chose to attack me....That just tells me a little bit more about you. Maybe you dont care what i think about you, why? Because maybe its due to me being some random person in a forum.....Which would supprt my reason on why i wouldnt care to correct my errors in the first place....I just dont care enough.....I announce my opinions, you can either chose to understand or judge me by my errors....either way its just a forum yet i still dont care about correcting my errors.

I ll correct every spelling errors for you....why? Due to my awareness of my errors.

Please do tell me if i have missed any.

recived = received
Wendeys = Wendys
Belive = believe
remmember = remember
whinning = whining
restaurants = restaurant

I love how i lack in Intelligence due to my error in 6 words....Go you!

I might be lacking in spelling but only the immature in their thought process can confirm such a conclusion to question someones Intelligence threw their spelling.

Date: March 19, 2006 10:56PM

I love it when some nobody writes a long-winded answer to something I said several days ago.

That just proves how fuckng stupid you are, in that it took that long to write that incomprehensible drivel you posted above.

But thanks for the attention, I love it and find it very gratifying. Feel free to pay more attention to me in the future. Negative or positive.

Date: March 19, 2006 11:01PM

hah

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2006 05:01PM by Firrat.

Date: March 19, 2006 11:03PM

Yea Jigsaw.....Virginia does suck :-\

Only fun thing is my car :)

Date: March 20, 2006 09:53PM

Firrat,
  shut up.

Date: March 21, 2006 03:39AM

Yea gravis like i am gonna listen to you......hah

what a waste of post...

Posted by: Ghost Loc ()
Date: February 16, 2007 10:24PM

Im lookin for some street racers in the silver spring Md area... me and my boyz can meet on the beltway.... one from PA one from northern Va

Posted by: Firrat (eesh) vs. RESton Peace ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:08PM

Good times, good times.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:29PM

I got a 5.0 I will race! Meet at Wendy's! Do it, do it, do it. Anyone interested?

Posted by: LOLLL ()
Date: November 17, 2011 01:38PM

He loses to Hondas with $10k in parts in a Corvette Z06? What a loser. He must be the worst driver ever.

Posted by: vrooom ()
Date: November 17, 2011 02:59PM

I have a sleeper mini van with a 7.3L turbo diesel in it. I could beat you while towing your car/truck/RV/house.

I also have a sleeper civic with a built 5.0 in it. See you at Wendy's!

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:37AM

My bicycle has 21 speeds, bitch.

Posted by: Fucking asian girls coast to coast ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:13PM

the only thing I like about these Fast and Furious homos are the sluts that attend these street races. I like the gook chicks the best, they put out the most. Me so hornyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, me luv u long time white man with big dick

Posted by: bk28 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 09:23AM

don't know why they just don't go down to the BK over off 28 in Knokesville. Lots of places to race but even that's turning gay!

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: November 19, 2011 09:54AM

While I've never heard of Knokesville, I'd love to see footage. Can someone please post?

Posted by: dowork ()
Date: November 29, 2011 05:24PM

you must know nothing about anything regarding cars, or the modification of them.

Posted by: One Million Dollar Race ()
Date: November 29, 2011 06:04PM

Its a race around the whole country, last car survives...takes the prize.
game on.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: November 29, 2011 06:29PM

You "bored" kids with "nothing to do" have obviously missed one major part of growing up...

A GIRLFRIEND.

I guess if you never have one your days are filled with hanging out at Wendy's and playing video games. How sad.

Posted by: smoke you ()
Date: November 30, 2011 04:53AM

way to go reviving a thread that was 5 years old you faggots.

having said that, come get some. I'll rape you in my old turd mustang for $

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.