HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone not like grocery stores going upscale?
Posted by: Space Ghose ()
Date: December 22, 2007 06:01AM

The Safeway at South Lakes went upscale, it was renovated and I don't like it. I liked it when it had the white floors, everything was clean and white and clear. Now everything is darker and it's hard to see. The produce section has wood floors, like it's a fake farmer's market. It's not a grocery store anymore, now it's like a theme park with a market setting for the produce.

The Shopper's Food Warehouse changed too, no more white tiling.

Does else anyone not like this? I think it's tacky and fake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone not like grocery stores going upscale?
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: December 22, 2007 08:53AM

...maybe they should bring back the old Safeway in Washington Plaza in Reston (Lake Anne)

That would be old school, nasty!

Posted by: julio ()
Date: December 22, 2007 09:17AM

I can't say that I prefer industrial grade linoleum tile over the industrial grade fake wood. These grocery store upgrades are long overdue. It just took a little competition (Wegmans) to get our dated local grocery stores (giant, safeway, foodlion-bloom) off their butts and out of the 80's. Those old school grocery stores are beyond ghetto and pretty disgusting if you ask me. Case in point - that Giant over by George Mason in Burke.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 22, 2007 02:43PM

Shop at the McLean Commons Safeway if you don't like the new trend in grocery stores- the place looks like it hasn't been remodeled in 25 years. I'd actually prefer the new fancy look, that place is downright awful.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: December 22, 2007 03:11PM

Are you nuts? The best thing that has happened in Fairfax has been the addition of Wegman's, Whole Foods and now Blooms. I never go to Giant any more. I love those stores. Great selection, fresh produce, good place to hang out!

Trickie

Posted by: hate shopping ()
Date: December 22, 2007 03:33PM

I don't shop at any grocery store. I am completely self sufficient.

I grow all my own vegetables and spices. I have a few cows for milk. And, I have pigs which I fatten up and then, wham.......loin of pork for dinner.
I have a bunch of chickens running around for eggs and ofcourse, dinner. They're alot easier to whack than the pigs, let me tell you.
Attachments:
chickens.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.