HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lots of agents/police at neighbors house.
Posted by: Concerned ()
Date: November 02, 2007 10:50AM

I live in Bryarton (Oday/Rainy Springs) and yesterday I got a call from my wife saying there was 20-30 people outside a neighbors house. Some looked like SWAT with assault rifles others were just plain clothed people wearing vests. They busted the neighbors door but he wasn't home (car not in driveway) about 2pm. They went into the house and the only thing she saw them remove were some pictures. The person that lives there arrived home, guns were drawn he was asked to step out of the vehicle and told hew as under arrest. He went into the home with some of the people and the FCPD (uniformed) people left. She called the FCPD non-emergency number was told Fairfax County was involved with federal agents in issuing a warrant but that was it.

When I got home at 6pm 4 civilian looking vehicles were still blocking driveways and about 6 people wearing nothing identifiable (aside from handcuffs) were milling about the street. They left at about 7pm and no one was in the home.

Just curious how to find out more information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lots of agents/police at neighbors house.
Posted by: AlwaysAnEagle ()
Date: November 02, 2007 11:57AM

Good luck with that if it is Federal. My guess is that they were FBI unless for some reason this was an ATF operation.

For the lawyers among us, are search warrants public information? If so, can this be checked online, or do you need to go to the courthouse?

Posted by: § ()
Date: November 02, 2007 06:34PM

It's my understanding that they are generally available at the clerk's office unless under seal or impounded, but not for cases dealing with the Patriot Act or matters of national security, for example. Even then, I suppose these matters are subject to FOIA requests, but you'd probably end up with a substantially redacted stack of nothing. -§

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: November 02, 2007 07:04PM

That is true, they are open to the public as long as they are not sealed and even then there is a time limit on how long they will be sealed. You can even see what the cops seized on the warrants inventory.

Its in the circuit court clerks office but do not expect any help in locating it. If you are used to rude and obnoxious behavior then you will feel right at home.

I love the term Patriot Act to describe tapping phones without a court order and searching homes and people absent a search warrant. The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic. The court has rules in the event of an emergency the cops can search or tap a phone without the courts permission. In all other cases it can take as little as an hour to obtain an order or warrant. That is as long as you have probable cause.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 02, 2007 07:38PM

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic

That is rather ironic, isn't it? The patriots that found this country were the ones speaking out against the tyranny of the state; they didn't want a govt. that poked into their lives. And we have an act of Congress that employs the very same things that patriots stood up against. It's like a well-crafted case of doublethink.

I think the same thing about people in here who think it's just great the way law enforcement handles themselves around here. You question or criticize the police, and someone is bound to acccuse you of wishing to break the law just because you've made an observation. Or they'll flame you with typical "they're just doing their job!!!" nonsense, as if their idea of citizenship is simply acceptance of authority, without question.

I guess patriotism just really ain't what it used to be.

Northern Virginia Über Alles. Let the good times roll.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.