HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Curious about lasik surgery in this area
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: October 03, 2007 10:22PM

I am thinking about getting lasik in this area. Any experiences? Recommendations or horror stories? I hear Dr Butros adds all the time. BTW I am in my mid twenties I've read in some places it is better to get it once you've reached middle age and started loosing your near sight. I have a mild astigmatism a myopia, but it warrants full time glasses. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Curious about lasik surgery in this area
Posted by: § ()
Date: October 04, 2007 05:52PM

TLC has locations and an extensive doctor network throughout NoVA. I highly recommend them. My eyes were corrected to 20/20 and have stayed that way for the last 4 years. Typical costs are about $4000 for boilerplate and $5000 for custom (recommended - it's specifically tailored to your eyes rather than a template). Follow-up appointments are included in the price and if they don't correct better than 20/30 combined (or your expectations), they will correct for free. -§

Posted by: kellie ()
Date: October 04, 2007 08:06PM

I had lasik about 9 years ago when I was 36. It was the best thing I have ever done. I also went to TLC. I don't know if it has changed or not, but when I had my eyes done they told me that while they could correct my nearsightedness (my vision now is 20/20 or better and has been all along) that when I reached my forties I would probably need reading glasses. In the last year I have had to start using reading glasses for very small print. It is my understanding that this type of vision loss is due to age/hormones/eyes drying out...I don't know for sure BUT, I highly recommend having the surgery. I have never known anyone that has regretted having it done. By the way, check your medical plan and see if they cover "corrective surgery" -- mine did and it was covered 100%

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: October 04, 2007 09:03PM

A friend at work had it done about 8 years ago from I think TLC at Tysons Corner and he loves it. I'm thinking about getting it too, contacts are a pain in the ass

Posted by: yo ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:23PM

I thik I burned my retinas.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.