HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
teenage drivers and risks
Posted by: va law ()
Date: August 30, 2007 11:15PM

Points of Clarification on VA law:

1. The law-It is illegal for ANYONE under the age of 21 to possess; consume or attempt to possess or consume alcohol.

2. It is illegal for anyone to drive while intoxicated;

3. Virginia law confuses these two law by further defining level of intoxications while driving.

4. The lawyers; police officer and judges refer to a "baby DUI" (when your Blood ALcohol Content is .02 which applies to those under 21 years of age) versus a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of .08 which is legal intoxication for adults. Thus, either way driving while under the influence is illegal.

Other factors to consider:

5. Teenage drivers aged 16-20 are the deadlies driver of ANY age group and have the highest fatality (death) rate for crashes.

6. Teenage drivers are need time and practice to become good and safe drivers.

7. Teenage drivers are easily distracted (by road conditions; passengers; radios; purses; wallets; food; etc) due to their inexperience.

8. Underage drinking is a major problem in Fairfax County and across the nation.

9. Many teenagers don't just drink a beer or two they often drink to excess or binge drink. THey often believe they can handle alcohol in the same way adults can handle alcohol. They are wrong.

10. Many Parents do not talk to their teens enough about the dangers of alcohol (and drugs); nor do they set rules or expectations about the consequences they will impose if they drink or use drugs while underage. Yet, parents generally have the strongest influence over their children; yes, even over peers but parents often fail to exercise the power.

My message:

Virginia, like all 50 states in the U.S., makes it a crime to use; possess (hold) or attempt to use possess alcohol while under age 21. Zero Tolerance!

Don't drink while under age 21-Period!

Don't drink and drive!

My sympathies to the families of the dead young women; to the young women who survived and to the driver of the truck.

I hope and pray other, particulary teens and young adults, will learn from this tragedy. But, it has happened before and sadly will probably happen again.

Parents-Use the power you have-Talk and continue to talk to your teens! Set rules and expectations and then enforce them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: teenage drivers and risks
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: August 30, 2007 11:23PM

Good Lord, not this again. Can't we leave the dead girls alone? I think every point has been made eight ways to Sunday.

Posted by: joe ()
Date: August 30, 2007 11:25PM

va law Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't drink and drive!

But what if I'm thirsty?

Posted by: lifer ()
Date: August 30, 2007 11:28PM

Isn't it worth it if it saves a life???? You always have the option of moving on to another topic; post or website. Some of us care enough to want to add new facts and thoughts; plus these statements have not been posted in this context.

Knowledge is Power! My gosh 4 girls died!

Posted by: to joe ()
Date: August 30, 2007 11:29PM

joe Wrote:
> va law Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don't drink and drive!
>
> But what if I'm thirsty?

You can drink but not alcohol or any other substance provided it does not impair your ability to drive, funny you are!!

Posted by: hhhjjj123 ()
Date: August 30, 2007 11:32PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Good Lord, not this again. Can't we leave the dead
> girls alone? I think every point has been made
> eight ways to Sunday.

What is UP with you-Move on to another subject if you think you have read enought

-people are really concerned!! That is a good thing!

MORE DUPLICATION!
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:43AM

11. if you are not wearing a seatbelt and are in a collision, the force can eject your through a window.

12. friction + a human body + high speed = lots of pain and bleeding

13. the laws of physics dictate that when two bodies of mass collide the kenetic energy is transfered. when a high mass body collides with a low mass body, the force to mass ratio is skewed in that the effect is greater on low mass body, even though the same force is put on both bodies. in this instance, a several ton tractor-trailer traveling at high speed collided with a slow moving car which was less than a single ton. the result of the two colliding was that the car was rocketed forward.

My message:

the laws of physics are something you can never break.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: August 31, 2007 09:39AM

woah.. deja vue

Date: August 31, 2007 12:40PM

to joe Wrote:
> You can drink but not alcohol or any other
> substance provided it does not impair your ability
> to drive, funny you are!!

What about redbull? When I drink too much of that, I always try running pedestrians over.

s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:06PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 11:01PM by inkahootz.

s
Date: August 31, 2007 01:09PM

s

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 10:59PM by inkahootz.

Date: August 31, 2007 01:43PM

inkahootz Wrote:
> As long as they are not under the influence...
> then it's called contributing to the deliquency of
> a minor and or child abuse.

And it's abbreviated as "CONTRIBUTE DEL MINOR" in the FCPD arrest database.

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:44PM

i love minors.

Date: August 31, 2007 01:59PM

You are so sick!!!!LOL

Posted by: Teenager with a clean record ()
Date: September 05, 2007 10:11AM

Va law you are full of shit. The worst drivers are middle aged asshloes like you. You pricks race around in your mini vans and BMW's and think the world owes you something. You speed by kids on bikes and blow through stop signs with only a slight tap of the brakes. Lighten up on young drivers. Take a look at the drivers who live on the same street as you. Do a search and you will find that the parents of these dangerous drivers have poor driving habits. Also do a search on DWI and you will find there mostly older screw ups like you! Kids who drink and drive has screwed up parents. They have no interested in their kids lives. They are selfish over grown children who would rather watch sports on television, play poker, surf for pron on the Internet gossip with their girlfriends, play uker, girls night out or go to the gym. Any parent who shows true interest their kids will have no problem with their behavior. So stop putting your self first and sacrifice the time to understand your kid.

Re: MORE DUPLICATION!
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 05, 2007 10:17AM

>
> the laws of physics are something you can never
> break.

But have fun trying!

Posted by: concerned parent ()
Date: September 08, 2007 12:18PM

would appreciate any information about passenger responsibility when driving with a teenager. under 18 drivers can only have one non-family member passenger under 18 in the car while driving. if they have more than one, what responsibility, if any, does a passenger have to speak up and object? what is the penalty for driver (and passengers?) if they are pulled over by a police officer?

Date: September 08, 2007 05:40PM

concerned parent Wrote:
> under 18 drivers can only have one non-family
> member passenger under 18 in the car while
> driving. if they have more than one, what
> responsibility, if any, does a passenger have to
> speak up and object? what is the penalty for
> driver (and passengers?) if they are pulled over
> by a police officer?

It depends what they got pulled over for.

Re: teenage drivers and
Posted by: zikppy ()
Date: September 08, 2007 10:37PM

all we did when I was 18 was drink and drive.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.