HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
how many percent of the registered voters in Fairfax County actually showed up to vote during the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections?
Posted by: bluepapaya ()
Date: August 27, 2008 09:35PM

how many percent of the registered voters in Fairfax County actually showed up to vote during the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections? where can one find this type of data? thank you for your help...........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how many percent of the registered voters in Fairfax County actually showed up to vote during the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections?
Posted by: JG ()
Date: August 27, 2008 09:55PM

You can go to http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/asklibchoices.htm and "Ask-A-Librarian" a free service, all you need is a library card.

You can ask them questions like this and they will do the research for you. Try it.

Re: how many percent of the registered voters in Fairfax County actually showed up to vote during the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections?
Posted by: vapreneur ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:08PM

dont know, but this year virginia has a very good chance to become blue again since 1964

we got jim webb in back in 2006, i think this november we gonna get crush the republicans

Posted by: no ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:21PM

Not for this guy. Dem picked the wrong person.

Posted by: new_kid_in_town ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:56PM

no Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dem picked the wrong person.

I couldn't agree with you more.... I don't think I will vote for Sen. Osama.

unfortunately... I also don't think I can vote for someone as old as Sen. McCain.... :(

Posted by: Angua1 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 11:13AM

new_kid_in_town Wrote:

> I couldn't agree with you more.... I don't think
> I will vote for Sen. Osama.
>
> unfortunately... I also don't think I can vote for
> someone as old as Sen. McCain.... :(

Hmmm. $4/gal gas. $4/gal milk. No compensatory increase in wages. Impotency against Russia's occupation of Georgian territories. Highest division between rich and poor since 1920. Record job losses and record profits by gas and pharmeceutical companies. Attacks on science. Foreclosures. Bank failures.

Yep, Six years of Republican congress/presidential power really works.

Bush and Republicanism = FAIL.

Time to engage the brain. Turn off Rush and Wake Up America!

Posted by: Capt. Obvious ()
Date: August 28, 2008 11:32AM

bluepapaya Wrote:
> how many percent of the registered voters in
> Fairfax County actually showed up to vote during
> the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections? where
> can one find this type of data? thank you for your
> help...........

In 2004, 72.97% of registered voters actually voted.

In 2000, 71.30 % of registered voters actually voted.

The Virginia State Board of Elections website has all of this information.

http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/

Just click on "election information" on the left.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 08:00PM

The GOP had its chance between 2001 and 2006.

The Dem congress hasn't been that good in fighting Pres Bush; I'd like to see Bush's veto pen forced into use a LOT more.

But the preponderance of evidence indicates that GOP governance hasn't been that great in creating an environment where lots of people can thrive.

Sure Obama's inexperienced, but all McCain's 'experience' is going to get is a third term of Bush. No thanks. (FWIW, Bush's 'experience' was about the same in 2000, probably less as TX governor is mostly for ribbon cutting, shaking babies' hands and kissing the moms. Didn't stop the dittoheads then.)

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 01, 2008 11:36PM

new_kid_in_town Wrote:
> no Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dem picked the wrong person.
>
> I couldn't agree with you more.... I don't think
> I will vote for Sen. Osama.
>
> unfortunately... I also don't think I can vote for
> someone as old as Sen. McCain.... :(

Agreed, thats why im writing in Ron Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 11:38PM by KeepOnTruckin.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.