HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD 50 means 50
Posted by: VAcitizen ()
Date: April 22, 2013 10:39AM

Does anyone know if or when they plan to do the 50 means 50 campaign on 286 (fairfax county parkway) again. I know that they did it last summer on 8100. Do they plan to do it again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD 50 means 50
Posted by: Zman ()
Date: April 22, 2013 10:58AM

Already started.

Posted by: FOX News ()
Date: April 22, 2013 11:38AM

Police Send a Reminder: 50 MEANS 50
The Traffic Division of the Operations Support Bureau and the Patrol Division of the Fairfax County Police Department will launch their weeklong initiative, “50 Means 50” as they saturate the Fairfax County Parkway next week.

The annual campaign kicks off on Sunday, April 21, and targets aggressive and reckless driving, speeding, texting while driving, following too closely, and failure to pay full time and attention on the Fairfax County Parkway. Last year, during the same time period, officers issued 714 citations on the Parkway for offenses in these categories.

Motor squad officers along with patrol officers from several district stations throughout the county will be assigned specific enforcement duties along the parkway.

A variety of vehicles will be utilized including: motorcycles, Mustangs, Camaros, Impalas, pick-up trucks and other unmarked and marked police vehicles.

The stepped-up enforcement will take place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The intent of the initiative is to reduce the overall average speed on the parkway and to reduce the number of property damage, injury, and fatal crashes, making the parkway a safer roadway.

Posted by: bp6nw ()
Date: April 22, 2013 11:49AM

Getting people for following too closely in the right lane would be nice. Sometimes I'm not in a rush and just want to do 53 or so in the right lane. It's really annoying especially when it's open to pass on the left and they still don't pass.

Posted by: Unmarked ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:02PM

Let's keep track of all unmarked cars by posting pictures here.

I know there is silver Camaro and a new black Mustang.

Posted by: Fuck tailgaters ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:02PM

bp6nw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Getting people for following too closely in the
> right lane would be nice. Sometimes I'm not in a
> rush and just want to do 53 or so in the right
> lane. It's really annoying especially when it's
> open to pass on the left and they still don't
> pass.

When that happens I just take my foot off the gas and go even slower.

There is never any justification for tailgating, but especially in the right lane.

Posted by: Mustang ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:04PM

Here's the black Mustang
Attachments:
unmarked.jpg

Posted by: Camaro ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:09PM

The Camaro
Attachments:
camaro 4.jpg

Posted by: Get out of the left lane ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:12PM

Watch the "red car".
Attachments:
Highway.gif

Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:39PM

Under the current 50 means 50 enforcement operation in Fairfax County, the driver of the red car in the left scenario would be charged with aggressive driving, improper passing, and speeding (if exceeding 50mph). At the officer's discretion and depending on the driver's speed when passing on the right, the driver may also be charged with reckless!

I love the look on the driver's face when I inform them they are getting a ticket for doing 52mph in a 50mph zone!

I am looking forward to my big bonus next month for writing the most citations during the FMF op!

You have been warned! Slow down and be safe!

Posted by: Get out of the left lane ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:57PM

Point is traffic flows better, it's safer and there is less chance for road rage with the scenario on the right. The driver of the green car on the left scenario could be impeding traffic but will never see a ticket.

Date: April 22, 2013 01:24PM

The reason the driver of the green car will not see a ticket is because in the scenario on the left it is assumed the driver in the green car is doing the speed limit! I get a more bonus points and a bigger bonus check based on the number of citations I write for serious traffic infractions.

However, if the driver in the green car is driving significantly under the speed limit and talking on their cell phone or texting and driving, I will pull them over and issue a two citations. Until June 30, distracted driving is a secondary offense, meaning I have to observe another traffic infraction before I can pull them over and issue a ticket for distracted driving. We will be doing another distracted driving focused enforcement in early May.

Date: April 22, 2013 01:32PM

Unmarked Wrote:
> Let's keep track of all unmarked cars by posting
> pictures here.
>
> I know there is silver Camaro and a new black
> Mustang.

We also have an unmarked Ford Focus (yeah really!), a white Ford F150, a BMW X5, a Toyota RAV4, and an older Toyota Tundra pickup, among others. If you are closer to Route 7, you might also see an unmarked Cadillac CTS and a Mini Cooper, as these are out of Reston!

Posted by: Just sayin ()
Date: April 22, 2013 02:27PM

Ok, if I got nailed by a cop driving a Mini Cooper, I'd just have to kill myself over the shame.....

Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: April 22, 2013 04:44PM

Johnny Law Wrote:

>
> I am looking forward to my big bonus next month
> for writing the most citations during the FMF op!
>
>
> You have been warned! Slow down and be safe!

Fucking troll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The three enemies of the people are hegemony, monogamy, and monotony."-Terence McKenna

Posted by: Mini-Me ()
Date: April 22, 2013 04:52PM

Just sayin Wrote:
> Ok, if I got nailed by a cop driving a Mini
> Cooper, I'd just have to kill myself over the
> shame.....

Or a RAV4!

Wonder what wrong you have to do to be sentenced to driving the Mini-cooper.

Posted by: Ten-Fifteen One Time ()
Date: April 22, 2013 04:53PM

Johnny Law Wrote:
> I get a more bonus points
> and a bigger bonus check based on the number of
> citations I write for serious traffic
> infractions.

OK, I'll call bullshit here.

When I was a police officer, there were NO bonuses for number of infractions written.

A de facto bonus (or comp time) was earned by the overtime hours worked by officers who racked up more than his already scheduled court time by running through more ticket books than usual.

Posted by: No Bacon Here ()
Date: April 22, 2013 05:24PM

Ten-Fifteen One Time Wrote:
> Johnny Law Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I get a more bonus points
> > and a bigger bonus check based on the number of
> > citations I write for serious traffic
> > infractions.
>
>
> OK, I'll call bullshit here.
>
> When I was a police officer, there were NO bonuses
> for number of infractions written.
>
> A de facto bonus (or comp time) was earned by the
> overtime hours worked by officers who racked up
> more than his already scheduled court time by
> running through more ticket books than usual.

Don't waste your time. Johnny Law is troll who goes around pretending to be a cop, when in fact he is unemployed. Some FCPD cops do monitor and ocassionally post on the site, but they don't actually talk about their jobs.

Posted by: Agreed--sort of ()
Date: April 22, 2013 06:44PM

I don't think cops get a bonus based on their tickets. That seems ridiculous.

I also don't think that mustang is a traffic control patrol officer given that he's wearing khakis-he looks more like a detective.

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: April 22, 2013 10:34PM

Hopefully, no home invasions or rapes or murders are happening while we are being "protected and served." Fuck all revenue collector cops.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: April 22, 2013 11:13PM

Just drive the speed limit and you don't have to worry about tickets. I know I was getting Pushed and I was doing 62.

Posted by: Real Crminals Get Away... Again ()
Date: April 23, 2013 12:13AM

Mikeymike Wrote:
> Hopefully, no home invasions or rapes or murders
> are happening while we are being "protected and
> served." Fuck all revenue collector cops.

Why should they bother solving any crimes when writing tickets is sooo much easier? I blame all the pussy drivers and road Nazis calling them constantly. Real crimes will happen because the police have to constantly deal with the effects of drivers who can't comprehend the concept of keeping right. As opposed to maintaining a presence in the neighborhoods and business centers where they're needed. Way to go douchebags.

Posted by: yawning ()
Date: April 23, 2013 08:43AM

The last time they had this big push, they were visible for the first few days, totally went away, and came back a little the last few days. It was a joke and before long everyone was getting home in shorter time again.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: April 23, 2013 09:48AM

Get a clue. The slow left lane drivers around here still speed. They just aren't speeding by 10 over. Usually about 5. I'm not doing 50 on that road ever and I'll continue to pass on the right when forced.

50 means absurd.

Posted by: VAcitizen ()
Date: April 23, 2013 12:07PM

Anyone know where they have speed traps set up?

Posted by: Parkway Resident ()
Date: April 23, 2013 12:24PM

FCPD keep writing these punks tickets, aside from the morons driving unsafe the excess speed keeps the noise up.....more reckless citations please!!!!!!!

Posted by: Poor guy ()
Date: April 23, 2013 04:54PM

I am usually going at a pretty good clip on the parkway. A rare day now and again I will cruise along at 55, I am always curious if I actually save much time driving faster. Yesterday happened to be one of those days, and cresting the bridge over Braddock heading towards Springfield I spotted the motorcycle up ahead. The poor guy behind me must not have seen him. He wasn't going all the fast, maybe 60, but he passed me and didn't signal. The cop was already climbing on his bike before he got completely around me. Felt bad for him, 9 times out of 10 that would have been me.

Posted by: @ Poor Guy ()
Date: April 23, 2013 05:37PM

Oh well my dude count your luck, but the guy speeding was a idiot to get caught....let him pay with points and a fine!!

Posted by: rop ()
Date: April 23, 2013 07:06PM

Mustang Wrote:
> Here's the black Mustang

Dude, you better get your car inspected.

Posted by: Awesome ()
Date: April 23, 2013 07:53PM

You know what solves a home invasion? Armed homeowners. Go buy a gun and quit expecting for cops to know a dipshit is going to break into your home before you do. There's probably one cop for every 800 homes in this county. Be a man and buy a gun and quit expecting superman to come to your pussy-ass rescue.

And no, before you start, I'm not an NRA member but I have a CCP. I'm also not a victim. Go figure.

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: April 25, 2013 12:33AM

Awesome, gun rights aside, fuck you.

Why don't people petition to raise the speed limit to 60 on the damn parkway?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.