HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dick Saslaw: Mark Warner Instead of McAuliffe for Governor
Posted by: James Cullum ()
Date: April 17, 2013 09:50AM

From Patch:

Virginia will be "screwed" if Republican Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is elected governor this fall, said state Senate Democratic Leader Dick Saslaw (D-35th) to Patch after a community meeting in Springfield on Tuesday night.

"I like Ken personally, but he doesn't believe in science," said Saslaw to the Springfield Civic Association. "He just doesn't."

Saslaw referred to when Cuccinelli, in 2010, requested the emails and files of a former professor at the University of Virginia, who received state grants to study global warming.

"For Ken there's no climate change," said Saslaw to Patch. "We're looking at being screwed. How are you going to recruit top-notch talent? What Nobel Prize winner would come to this state when the governor is a guy, who, when he was Attorney General, sued for your backup data because he didn't believe in your analysis?"

Cuccinelli is running against Democrat Terry McAuliffe, the former chair of the Democratic National Committee and 2009 gubernatorial candidate. McAuliffe raised $5,139,285 between Jan. 1 and March 31, while Cuccinelli raised $2,380,403 in the same time period. Click here for more on that story.

Saslaw recently told the Huffington Post that Cuccinelli is a right-wing activist.

Saslaw tried to convince U.S. Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) to run for the seat prior to the 2012 presidential campaign. Warner was Virginia's governor from 2002-2006.

"I tried to get Mark to run for governor and he made the decision a week after the election that he wasn't going to do it," said Saslaw.

"And later I was on vacation in Hawaii, Mark calls me up and says 'I made a mistake.' I said: 'Now's the time to think of it.'"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dick Saslaw: Mark Warner Instead of McAuliffe for Governor
Posted by: Gov Warner ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:37AM

I'm going to hold off judgement until I see what Mark Coleslaw says.

Posted by: bbq ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:46AM

I am only interested in what Timmy Slaw has to say.

Posted by: Dick is a Dick ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:19AM

Saslaw is an idiot. Cucinelli has a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Yeah, dummy, he sure sounds like he doesn't believe in science to me.

Posted by: in a word ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:31AM

Dick.

Posted by: Prophet of God ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:33AM

But where did the Cucinelli get his degree? If he got it at Regent University, that's no good as they also teach that the earth is flat and only 4,000 years old.

Posted by: barry time ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:34AM

I get it now Cuccinelli asks to see data from a egghead who claims there is global warming and who also stands to profit if the theory is accepted. The egghead refuses to release the data and Cuccinelli is the bad guy?

Posted by: answer man ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:35AM

Prophet of God Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But where did the Cucinelli get his degree? If he
> got it at Regent University, that's no good as
> they also teach that the earth is flat and only
> 4,000 years old.

UVa. Is that good enough for you?

Posted by: real deal ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:38AM

barry time Wrote:
> I get it now Cuccinelli asks to see data from a
> egghead who claims there is global warming and who
> also stands to profit if the theory is accepted.
> The egghead refuses to release the data and
> Cuccinelli is the bad guy?

Liberals didn't like the case because it could have potentially shown that Mann was fudging his results. Liberals, I suppose, are fine with having professors ripping off the tax payer and making shit up. Climate Science really is a religion to them. They can't stand criticism and review. It is almost as if the scientific method is not allowed to be used in Climate Science.

Posted by: Edawg ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:38AM

So when Saslaw was in Hawaii, Warner privately told him he "made a mistake" not running for governor.

That was a month after McAuliffe announced his candidacy. Seem's like Warner wasn't taking the McAuliffe campaign too seriously.

Posted by: Too Bad ()
Date: April 17, 2013 08:38PM

Though I lean Libertarian, Mark Warner would be a faaaaar better candidate than the hypocritical, leftwing, sleazy cronymonger Terry McScamMe.

Posted by: Spiro Agnew ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:08PM

There is a reason why he is called Dick.

Posted by: GOP 4 Warner ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:36PM

I will agree Mark Warner would be a much better Gov then McAwful but hes in a higher order the Senate. Ill vote for the Kooch or kook or whatever the dems call him, He's stright forward and will look you in the eye, you get what you see and hear not lies and squirms of the spineless.

Posted by: Independents 4 Warner ()
Date: April 18, 2013 12:38AM

GOP 4 Warner Wrote:
> I will agree Mark Warner would be a much better
> Gov then McAwful but hes in a higher order the
> Senate. Ill vote for the Kooch or kook or whatever
> the dems call him, He's stright forward and will
> look you in the eye, you get what you see and hear
> not lies and squirms of the spineless.

Yep. I'd vote for Warner. I can't vote for McAuliffe. I don't agree with some of KooKoonelli's postions but at least the guy stands for something and I know where he stands. Other than how much money he can make for himself by taking advantage of political connections like Terry.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.