HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tysons Project Impresses County/New Gold Standard
Posted by: Tysons Engineer ()
Date: October 02, 2012 08:44PM

For those of you who have been cynical or impatient about what's happening in Tysons, this project is what you might be looking for to change your mind. They plan on building 4-5 buildings at the same time starting as soon as they are given approval. See the original article for all the development renderings/pictures.

Planning Commission Reviews Arbor Row Development

Late last night the Planning Commission was presented with Cityline’s Westpark development project Arbor Row, of which we have discussed in some detail previously. Arbor Row consists of 2.5 million square feet of mixed use construction largely consisting of residential and retail uses. The project includes 7 distinct blocks which include 1 or 2 towers each and will ultimately add nearly 2000 new residential units to the market, as well as significant improvements to pedestrian and road networks directly adjacent to the Tysons Corner metro station. What we found out last night from the Planning Commission meeting is a schedule for when Cityline and their partners envision the development taking form.

As soon as possible was the general sentiment. With 3 Final Development Plans also concurrently under review, the project looks to begin constructing significant portions in 2013. On top of the construction of numerous towers at the same time, Cityline has promised to construct a much needed recreational field on a currently unused portion of land along Jones Branch to be completed by 2014, which Commissioner Donahue was “delighted to hear”.

The presentation was candid when it was noted that “finding a hotel tenant has been more difficult than originally anticipated”. This must be exacerbated by the announcement this week that Hilton will be occupying a new building associated with LMIs new headquarters. With so many new hotels coming to Tysons Corner, on top of an already significant presence, it’s hard to tell why so many developments aren’t switching more of the density to residential/multi-family construction. The market for this product has been red hot in Northern Virginia in both apartments and condominiums, though condominiums have been difficult to navigate through financiers. As the market continues to evolve we believe that this realization will begin to sink in. Projects which appeared to be no-brainers such as the Lerner 1775 might actually be better served rethinking their current use before it is too late and they have an unoccupied Class A tower to fill out.

The project as a whole was well regarded by all of the commission with Walter Alcorn noting “This is exactly the kind of plan I wanted to see when we were working on the Comprehensive Plan“

Some critique was provided on the projects tangled wording for workforce housing units in which it was not clear whether all of the units would be amalgamated into one residential building on Block E or dispersed evenly as Commissioner Flanagan would prefer, in order to avoid segregation and a delineated difference between the buildings. Cityline indicated it is the intent that the units be dispersed evenly. Commissioner Alcorn noted however that “These are work force housing units not affordable housing units, therefore I don’t believe it is of particular concern to this commission if these were to be provided in one building”.

Commissioner Lawrence also voiced some dismay over the percentage of open space park land being dedicated that would be of private use, located on roofs. “Though this meets the park requirements, I think moving forward the commission should note that because of roof terraces… that this could be something we see a lot more of, and perhaps it should be discussed”. Arbor Row will have approximately two (2) of the total six (6) acres of park provided on private portions of the site, for residence of those buildings.

Commissioner De La Fey ended the comment discussion by adding “I am dismayed that so many waivers of the zoning ordinance were needed”. He went on to indicate that review of the County’s Zoning Ordinance needed immediate attention to assure that the document becomes more ready and appropriate for these urban projects as well as relieving any projects of unnecessary roadblocks due only to outdated requirements.

The Planning Commission voted to defer final vote on the project’s approval until October 17th in order to provide time for public comment, to personally review the details further, and to allow the applicant time to revise the noted proffer modifications. We believe that there are no significant obstructions to the approval of this “nifty, if not exciting plan”
ArborRow-04.jpg

Read more articles at The Tysons Corner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tysons Project Impresses County/New Gold Standard
Posted by: fool me once ()
Date: October 02, 2012 09:35PM

Too funny, looking at the artist drawing I have to ask where are all the cars?

Posted by: Reality Sucks ()
Date: October 03, 2012 01:31AM

2,000 new rental units. Where are the schools? The parks? The dog-walking areas? Parking for 2 cars (or more) per unit? The roads for these thousands of residents to drive to work. Oh wait. They will all work within walking distance or take Metro. And no children will live in rental units in Tysons.

How big is the "much needed recreational field?" Big enough to serve the residents of 2,000 residential units?

I want some of what the Planning Commission is smoking.

Posted by: Moe Munny ()
Date: October 03, 2012 03:05AM

Reality Sucks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2,000 new rental units. Where are the schools?
> The parks? The dog-walking areas? Parking for 2
> cars (or more) per unit? The roads for these
> thousands of residents to drive to work. Oh wait.
> They will all work within walking distance or
> take Metro. And no children will live in rental
> units in Tysons.
>
> How big is the "much needed recreational field?"
> Big enough to serve the residents of 2,000
> residential units?
>
> I want some of what the Planning Commission is
> smoking.

Just pack 'em in. As long as they pay taxes we're good.

Posted by: seen it all before ()
Date: October 03, 2012 07:20AM

Moe Munny Wrote:
> Just pack 'em in. As long as they pay taxes we're
> good.

That sums up the countys attitude for the last twenty years. As far as the parking the developers can get away with not having one space per unit by agreeing to have so many units set aside for low income.

Like the 49ers I am going to make my strike and then leave town.

Date: October 03, 2012 07:50PM

fool me once Wrote:
> Too funny, looking at the artist drawing I have to
> ask where are all the cars?

Actually I live on Westpark, there are about as many cars as in Arlington during rush hour. You know Tysons is alot more than just the mall and the offices along International.

Date: October 03, 2012 07:52PM

Reality Sucks Wrote:
> 2,000 new rental units. Where are the schools?
> The parks? The dog-walking areas? Parking for 2
> cars (or more) per unit? The roads for these
> thousands of residents to drive to work. Oh wait.
> They will all work within walking distance or
> take Metro. And no children will live in rental
> units in Tysons.
>
> How big is the "much needed recreational field?"
> Big enough to serve the residents of 2,000
> residential units?
>
> I want some of what the Planning Commission is
> smoking.

The parking spaces are in the underground garage? Not sure what your point about it is. The parks plan for Fairfax county requires far less parks for the equivalent amount of residents. Not to mention there are already 5 parks within a 3 minute walk of this project. If anything I think 6 acres of park is too much frankly, this is a city not some suburban park land

Date: October 03, 2012 07:55PM

seen it all before Wrote:
> Moe Munny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just pack 'em in. As long as they pay taxes
> we're
> > good.
>
> That sums up the countys attitude for the last
> twenty years. As far as the parking the developers
> can get away with not having one space per unit by
> agreeing to have so many units set aside for low
> income.
>
> Like the 49ers I am going to make my strike and
> then leave town.

My building has 1.5 spaces per resident meaning 1brs get 1 spot, and 2brs get 2 spots. You do realize there are more parking spaces in Tysons Corner than Arlington right? Having more parking spaces means inducing traffic, maximum parking standards in line with available transit works. Deal with it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 08:24PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Exactly ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:11PM

fool me once Wrote:
> Too funny, looking at the artist drawing I have to
> ask where are all the cars?

"TysonsEngineer"
I'm glad you can brag about your work bud. No doubt all that crap looks great for all the people that can afford to eat at the $50/per person restaurants and the ones that work at those big company office buildings which is great. What is fucked up is that my commute from Sterling went from 40 minutes to way over an hour. You might be licking your own ass, but don't expect me too.

They already filled tysons up with tweeners a few years back. Now you and your boys on the Metro are going to bring in a whole new crowd from maryland. They'll probably stick to working at the mall.... until they want to eat at one of those restaurants, watch crime skyrocket in the surrounding areas.

Posted by: Beltway Bandit ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:44PM

Exactly Wrote:
> fool me once Wrote:
> -----
> > Too funny, looking at the artist drawing I have
> to
> > ask where are all the cars?
>
> "TysonsEngineer"
> I'm glad you can brag about your work bud. No
> doubt all that crap looks great for all the people
> that can afford to eat at the $50/per person
> restaurants and the ones that work at those big
> company office buildings which is great. What is
> fucked up is that my commute from Sterling went
> from 40 minutes to way over an hour. You might be
> licking your own ass, but don't expect me too.
>
> They already filled tysons up with tweeners a few
> years back. Now you and your boys on the Metro
> are going to bring in a whole new crowd from
> maryland. They'll probably stick to working at
> the mall.... until they want to eat at one of
> those restaurants, watch crime skyrocket in the
> surrounding areas.

There's actually a good point buried in there...

If the planners are going for an insular Tysons colony, then more power to them. But heading in and out and transiting that whole area is a mess and I see nothing that's made that any better. In fact, worse in a lot of ways after the improvements.

To be honest, I've given up doing anything involving Tyson's. Unless I absolutely have to go to a meeting at one of our offices there I just completely avoid it all together.

Posted by: nope ()
Date: October 04, 2012 11:20AM

"this is a city not some suburban park land"
lol, No Tysons is not a city-it is suburban wasteland

Date: October 04, 2012 06:26PM

Exactly Wrote:
> fool me once Wrote:
> -----
> > Too funny, looking at the artist drawing I have
> to
> > ask where are all the cars?
>
> "TysonsEngineer"
> I'm glad you can brag about your work bud. No
> doubt all that crap looks great for all the people
> that can afford to eat at the $50/per person
> restaurants and the ones that work at those big
> company office buildings which is great. What is
> fucked up is that my commute from Sterling went
> from 40 minutes to way over an hour. You might be
> licking your own ass, but don't expect me too.
>
> They already filled tysons up with tweeners a few
> years back. Now you and your boys on the Metro
> are going to bring in a whole new crowd from
> maryland. They'll probably stick to working at
> the mall.... until they want to eat at one of
> those restaurants, watch crime skyrocket in the
> surrounding areas.

I dont work on domestic projects first of all, only overseas. I don't know a single person who is currently working on any Tysons projects except for my interviews with developers and involved parties.

Your moronic view of what Tysons is makes me laugh. Honestly you are talking out of your ass, likely because your only knowledge of the area is from going to mall so you can buy your 50 dollar meal at Chima or Cheesecake Factory. You are the moron who keeps going to those places. I had a 6 dollar dinner last night, I wont tell you where because I dont want the great unwashed ruining my favorite places.

Tysons is already the 12th largest city in America by GDP, in 5 years your dumbasses will feel pretty foolish for ignoring it. Enjoy your hovel in the burbs.

Date: October 04, 2012 06:33PM

5062772180_036e28fefd_b.jpg

Image of Arlington from 1979.

1434405899_8fe4145dd4.jpg

Image of Arlington recently

Its called growth. What you see as parking lot, the developers are already converting into highrises that exceed the heights in Arlington. By 2014 there will be 5 new 300'+ buildings in Tysons, by 2018 more than a dozen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 06:33PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: No love for Tysons ()
Date: October 04, 2012 06:43PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> src="http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4126/5062772180
> _036e28fefd_b.jpg">
>
> Image of Arlington from 1979.
>
> src="http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1264/143440589
> 9_8fe4145dd4.jpg">
>
> Image of Arlington recently
>
> Its called growth. What you see as parking lot,
> the developers are already converting into
> highrises that exceed the heights in Arlington. By
> 2014 there will be 5 new 300'+ buildings in
> Tysons, by 2018 more than a dozen.

Except that Arlington had a 10 mile advantage relative to DC and Pentagon and the other (at the time) military offices in that area, and Key bridge area got a lot of spill over. You don't have that with Tysons.

I really can't think why in particular anyone would want to locate there. What's the draw? Yeah, it's better than some areas. Yes, there's a subway. Awesome. Seems about as appealing to me as Crystal City.

Date: October 04, 2012 06:57PM

Are you dense? There are 105,000 jobs in Tysons Corner including 9 fortune 500 companies. You need to start realizing that in EVERYWAY Fairfax is the city and DC is the suburb regardless of what magazines tell you about the "city". Economically Fairfax is more powerful, population Fairfax has more, height of buildings fairfax, the only Fairfax doesnt have is the downtown, it is just a sprawled mess. When someone came up with the idea to focus development you saw what has happened, already dozens of billions of dollars in private construction is planned for the next 10 years let alone the next 40 years. The area is tapping into something that is similar to what happened in Charlotte. The basics of the city are there, huge amount of jobs, central location to suburbs, tons of money and investment. It doesnt take a long time to turn parking lots into urban downtowns when those basics are in place.

Posted by: SiriusB ()
Date: October 04, 2012 07:59PM

I used to work within a stone's throw of Tysons. It struck me as being the "big money center" of Northern Virginia, with all the fancy stores full of high end stuff that only an oil-rich Arab could afford, and the hilltop full of high-class rich retiree's condos and big investment conglomerates etc.. Then came 1996, and the big Blizzard of '96" hit that winter. I was stranded at work from Saturday afternoon through Wednesday morning because, in spite of all those toney trllionaire businesses and money movers occupying the Tysons Corner gilded hill, they could not--or would not --spend a cent to clear off the roads in the area, until all the roads in NOVA other places had been plowed out!!! When we finally got dug out on Old Meadow road, they had between 1 to 1 and 1/4 lanes plowed open down the toll road and one lane available up 123 and Route 7 --Herndon had its main street and adjacent parking lots already cleared out--our back road neighborhood in Herndon got plowed out that afternoon, with additional through-plows that evening----but if you lived anywhere in Tyson's Corner hill area away from 123, you probably were the last to get plowed out in Northern Virginia after that big storm! Let'em pile 'em in up there, thick as skyscrapers of stacked pancakes, then watch what happens when the next huge blizzard hits there. The only grocery store around there, unless they have added one recently, is an ancient Safeway back up behind a hill in McLean--try to get there and back on foot in 3+ feet of snow from Tysons Corner! (It is along a back road, and won't get plowed out early either, nor will the store staff get to work until it does)! As for the "parking places"--you know those rents will most likely be really top of the market, which means large numbers of people will be stuffing themselves into one, two and three bedroom condos, sleeping and working in shifts, like they do all over NOVA now to make their limited funds cover their living expenses (Who would live in a cramped condo if they make enough to afford a nice house in the burbs)???. That means a car for each working resident--after all, the kiddies will soon enough follow, under those crowded conditions, legal or not, and those while on the "at-home shift" have to ferry the kiddies down to the little school over in McLean that just added a wing (to get ready for the onslaught)? (I've never seen school buses trolling through Tysons Corner picking up kids) outside of the McLean suburban residential areas! I guess those shift workers will just have to be trolling around the underground garages waiting for one of their neighbors to leave for work to steal their spot?

This is why they call them the Chantilly Redskins LoLz
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: October 04, 2012 08:02PM

@Tysons - Fairfax is the city, DC is the suburb................. You are on crack cocaine. You do know that, right?

pic unrelated
Attachments:
scott.jpg

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 04, 2012 08:44PM

SiriusB Wrote:
> The only grocery
> store around there, unless they have added one
> recently, is an ancient Safeway back up behind a
> hill in McLean--try to get there and back on foot
> in 3+ feet of snow from Tysons Corner!

That old Safeway (McLean Commons) was torn down in 2008/2009, and rebuilt into a brand new store (now facing Anderson Road).

The snow plowing hasn't gotten much better, your description accurately describes what happened during the awful winter storms of 2010.

Posted by: Tie Sons and Co. ()
Date: October 04, 2012 08:50PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> SiriusB Wrote:
> -----
> > The only grocery
> > store around there, unless they have added one
> > recently, is an ancient Safeway back up behind
> a
> > hill in McLean--try to get there and back on
> foot
> > in 3+ feet of snow from Tysons Corner!
>
> That old Safeway (McLean Commons) was torn down in
> 2008/2009, and rebuilt into a brand new store (now
> facing Anderson Road).
>
>

There is also a Harris Teeter built into a new highrise condo behind Tyson's II; plus, there is also Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods By Pimmit Hills on Rte 7.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: October 04, 2012 09:04PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> SiriusB Wrote:
> -----
> > The only grocery
> > store around there, unless they have added one
> > recently, is an ancient Safeway back up behind
> a
> > hill in McLean--try to get there and back on
> foot
> > in 3+ feet of snow from Tysons Corner!
>
> That old Safeway (McLean Commons) was torn down in
> 2008/2009, and rebuilt into a brand new store (now
> facing Anderson Road).
>

There's also a new Harris Teeter on Park Run Drive up the hill from Freddie Mac.

Posted by: Tie Sons and Co. ()
Date: October 04, 2012 09:07PM

WestfieldDad Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> > SiriusB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The only grocery
> > > store around there, unless they have added
> one
> > > recently, is an ancient Safeway back up
> behind
> > a
> > > hill in McLean--try to get there and back on
> > foot
> > > in 3+ feet of snow from Tysons Corner!
> >
> > That old Safeway (McLean Commons) was torn down
> in
> > 2008/2009, and rebuilt into a brand new store
> (now
> > facing Anderson Road).
> >
>
> There's also a new Harris Teeter on Park Run Drive
> up the hill from Freddie Mac.

Way to repost what I wrote, genius.

Date: October 04, 2012 09:10PM

Tie Sons and Co. Wrote:
> there is
> also Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods By Pimmit
> Hills on Rte 7.

The Trader Joe's opened back in the late 90s, and that Whole Foods was there even longer (it was Fresh Fields back then IIRC).

That Harris Teeter is the best grocery store around Tysons, IMO.

Posted by: sorry ()
Date: October 04, 2012 09:14PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
>
>
> The Trader Joe's opened back in the late 90s, and
> that Whole Foods was there even longer (it was
> Fresh Fields back then IIRC).
>
>

Wrong, Meeper. The Trader Joe's opened in the late '80s and the Whole Fields came in the mid to late '90s.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: October 04, 2012 09:14PM

In Northern Virginia, having a car is nessesary. However, if people can live close to their place of work with the ability to use public transportation (metro), they will not need to use their cars as much. Residential development in Tysons will be good for the whole county and for the traffic situation at large. If they need more high schools we will accomodate them. However, most of the people living in condos or apartments will not have children.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 09:14PM by curious.

Date: October 04, 2012 09:37PM

sorry Wrote:
> The Trader Joe's opened in the late
> '80s

Their Tysons store opened around 98/99, I remember going there soon after the grand opening.

The Whole Foods/Fresh Fields was probably their alot longer though.

Posted by: No love for Tysons ()
Date: October 04, 2012 09:47PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Are you dense? There are 105,000 jobs in Tysons
> Corner including 9 fortune 500 companies. You need
> to start realizing that in EVERYWAY Fairfax is the
> city and DC is the suburb regardless of what
> magazines tell you about the "city". Economically
> Fairfax is more powerful, population Fairfax has
> more, height of buildings fairfax, the only
> Fairfax doesnt have is the downtown, it is just a
> sprawled mess. When someone came up with the idea
> to focus development you saw what has happened,
> already dozens of billions of dollars in private
> construction is planned for the next 10 years let
> alone the next 40 years. The area is tapping into
> something that is similar to what happened in
> Charlotte. The basics of the city are there, huge
> amount of jobs, central location to suburbs, tons
> of money and investment. It doesnt take a long
> time to turn parking lots into urban downtowns
> when those basics are in place.

Uh, no I'm not dense. And I work for one of those Fortune 500 companies and, as I said, I have to go to Tysons at times. Doesn't mean that I want to live there. In fact, just the opposite. And I'm fairly confident in saying that applies to the vast majority of our employees.

Shocker for the urban planners I know but fewer and fewer people have to physically go to an office to do their work. Especially the type of work that's done around here. Probably fully half of our employees (if not more) work from home or on client sites. Why we still maintain all of the office space there that we do I have no idea. While people do have offices, mostly it's 'hotel' and unused space and usually a ghost town other than for meetings.

I've also lived around this area forever and I'm very familiar with how things have developed. So sorry if I'm a little jaded as far as the latest and greatest next 'big thing' that people are going to flock to. I've seen plenty over the years that haven't panned out or petered out after the initial development.

There's only so many 20- and 30-something hipsters who are going to want to live and work in the stereotypical planned semi-pseudo-urban complex like this and the bulk of them are quickly approaching the age where more and more are getting married and having kids and not wanting that type of living arrangement. As well as several other areas all targeting the same types.

But good luck with it.

Posted by: @meeper ()
Date: October 04, 2012 09:50PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> sorry Wrote:
> -----
> > The Trader Joe's opened in the late
> > '80s
>
> Their Tysons store opened around 98/99, I remember
> going there soon after the grand opening.

You are correct.

> The Whole Foods/Fresh Fields was probably their
> alot longer though.

No, it was not "their" "alot" longer. It opened a year or two earlier.

Date: October 04, 2012 10:11PM

@meeper Wrote:
>
> No, it was not "their" "alot" longer. It opened a
> year or two earlier.

interesting, what was in the Whole Foods/Fresh Fields space before that?

i can't even remember what was in that TJ space before 98/99. Ledo's was there but i don't remember what was next door.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 04, 2012 10:15PM

No love for Tysons Wrote:
>
> I really can't think why in particular anyone
> would want to locate there. What's the draw?
> Yeah, it's better than some areas. Yes, there's a
> subway. Awesome. Seems about as appealing to me
> as Crystal City.

Its appealing to business because its located halfway between DC and IAD.

For the last 10 years I can recall reading several articles about how future development will be centered around airports much of how it used to be around seaports and railroad hubs. Dulles is the largest airport serving DC.

Its not the life i want to live but different strokes for different folks; I'm looking for acreage 50 miles outside DC, hell maybe in West Virginia.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 10:18PM by Hay Zeus.

Posted by: can't remember ()
Date: October 04, 2012 10:17PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> @meeper Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > No, it was not "their" "alot" longer. It opened
> a
> > year or two earlier.
>
>
> interesting, what was in the Whole Foods/Fresh
> Fields space before that?

Nothing, I think that shopping center was a new build in the mid '90s.

> i can't even remember what was in that TJ space
> before 98/99. Ledo's was there but i don't
> remember what was next door.

I think it was a Levi's store or some country clothing store.

Date: October 05, 2012 12:33AM

tysons a city im still laughing

Date: October 05, 2012 12:36AM

building highrises dosnt make something a city, its the people

Date: October 05, 2012 12:38AM

we need culture, not snobby engineers, then we will have a city? what ha

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 05, 2012 07:09AM

nope Wrote:
> we need culture, not snobby engineers, then we
> will have a city? what ha

Culture is the most overrated part of a city. However history is not but Tysons wont have any of that either.

Posted by: Whhhatttttttt???????? ()
Date: October 06, 2012 08:18AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Culture is the most overrated part of a city.
> However history is not but Tysons wont have any of
> that either.

+1. Not sure what culture anyone is expecting from Tysons. Wait until the metro opens, you'll get all the culture you'll need and more than you can live with.

Why is this guy bragging about shitty work? Tysons is open from 9am-5pm and when everyone goes home, it returns to its normal shitty self. The only thing open past 10:30 is the mcdonalds and the 7-11. No matter how many high-rises you put up, tysons will still be just as shitty as it always was, evidence of more useless development grants. Theres no way this shit hole is going to be come Rosslyn lol.

Posted by: New gold standard? ()
Date: October 06, 2012 08:53AM

The term is lame for so called sophisticates.
Tyson's was once a serene cow pasture with a nice red tower. The pasture vanished a long time ago but someone keeps leaving cow pods all over the field.
Or is it human waste? If this is the new "gold standard" then I will invest in lead. Not for ammunition but for the water cause it seems a lot of people are buying into it.
Attachments:
2OldTysons.jpg

Posted by: better when you leave ()
Date: October 06, 2012 09:10AM

Whhhatttttttt???????? Wrote:
> Hay Zeus Wrote:
> -----
> > Culture is the most overrated part of a city.
> > However history is not but Tysons wont have any
> of
> > that either.
>
>
> +1. Not sure what culture anyone is expecting
> from Tysons. Wait until the metro opens, you'll
> get all the culture you'll need and more than you
> can live with.
>
> Why is this guy bragging about shitty work?
> Tysons is open from 9am-5pm and when everyone goes
> home, it returns to its normal shitty self. The
> only thing open past 10:30 is the mcdonalds and
> the 7-11. No matter how many high-rises you put
> up, tysons will still be just as shitty as it
> always was, evidence of more useless development
> grants. Theres no way this shit hole is going to
> be come Rosslyn lol.

Have you ever even been off of Route 7 or 123? Get a life dude, there are a lot of things to do in Tysons that arent in strip malls, you just dont know about it because you live in chantirry or Annandare

Also did you even read the article, this is a proposed project that by itself is bigger than Reston Town Center, and this is just 1 of 12 project occurring. A lot of Tysons haters but it brings up the question what is the reasoning behind it? No one is saying Tysons is a great place today, but why are there so many people so actively against turning it into one. Defeatism or just stupidity?

Posted by: urbanwasteland ()
Date: October 07, 2012 08:57AM

Tysons was fine before they extended the mall and got all the magical ideas to turn it into a suburban highrise cemetery. There was no lack of business or commerce there, all the rich mclean socialites, rag head oil arabs and business people could blow their cash at tysons 2 while everyone else and the teenagers filled up tysons 1. It was fine the way it was. Then you cocksuckers decided that you needed useless projects to try and expand it so you started building the metro and more useless buildings that will go unoccupied. Because of fiscal mismanagement, they turn what should have been additional lanes to ease congestion on 495 into "flex toll" lanes to fund that metro. So keep building this huge shit hole that will go empty, I'm going to move to LC and if I want to, I'll do my mall shopping at DTC.

Posted by: Gerry Bulova ()
Date: October 07, 2012 09:18AM

We're going to build, build, build, whether you like it or not. Get used
to it you fucking peasants. I don't give a damn if you have a parking spot
or not. My friends and relatives are going to get rich and I'll help them
every inch of the way. We'll pave over cemeteries and put high rise condo's
on the median strips. Just get out of our way and shut up. Fuck all you
pond scum.

Posted by: to the daius ()
Date: October 07, 2012 11:04AM

Gerry Bulova Wrote:
> We're going to build, build, build, whether you
> like it or not. Get used
> to it you fucking peasants. I don't give a damn if
> you have a parking spot
> or not. My friends and relatives are going to get
> rich and I'll help them
> every inch of the way. We'll pave over cemeteries
> and put high rise condo's
> on the median strips. Just get out of our way and
> shut up. Fuck all you
> pond scum.

Clearly knowledgable on the subject. Lots of cemeteries in Tysons are there? On the subject of lease vacancy Id like to point out that Tysons has less open lease space by percentage than any other major commercial area in the mid-atlantic.

Again, you people keep bringing up the mall, which leads me to believe you dont know jack shit about what Tysons is. It is the 12th biggest city in america by GDP. It is what makes your residential tax rates in Fairfax low. The real estate taxes that come out of tysons equate to 200 million dollars per year, and in the next 10 years that will rise another 200 million dollars. The amount we are spending on infrastructure per year is minuscule (70 million per year for the next 40 years) compared to the revenue it will generate for the county and state.

The only thing being destroyed are shitty surface parking lots infront of strip malls and car dealerships that no one goes to. There is more parking in Tysons than there are people within 5 radial miles that will remain. And all developments will not only replace parking when they tear up the surface lots but will likely add to them significantly because vertical structured parking is far more efficient use of space.

But great stuff, you guys are clearly very smart

Date: October 07, 2012 11:08AM

to the daius Wrote:
> Gerry Bulova Wrote:
> -----
> > We're going to build, build, build, whether you
> > like it or not. Get used
> > to it you fucking peasants. I don't give a damn
> if
> > you have a parking spot
> > or not. My friends and relatives are going to
> get
> > rich and I'll help them
> > every inch of the way. We'll pave over
> cemeteries
> > and put high rise condo's
> > on the median strips. Just get out of our way
> and
> > shut up. Fuck all you
> > pond scum.
>
> Clearly knowledgable on the subject. Lots of
> cemeteries in Tysons are there? On the subject of
> lease vacancy Id like to point out that Tysons has
> less open lease space by percentage than any other
> major commercial area in the mid-atlantic.
>
> Again, you people keep bringing up the mall, which
> leads me to believe you dont know jack shit about
> what Tysons is. It is the 12th biggest city in
> america by GDP. It is what makes your residential
> tax rates in Fairfax low. The real estate taxes
> that come out of tysons equate to 200 million
> dollars per year, and in the next 10 years that
> will rise another 200 million dollars. The amount
> we are spending on infrastructure per year is
> minuscule (70 million per year for the next 40
> years) compared to the revenue it will generate
> for the county and state.
>
> The only thing being destroyed are shitty surface
> parking lots infront of strip malls and car
> dealerships that no one goes to. There is more
> parking in Tysons than there are people within 5
> radial miles that will remain. And all
> developments will not only replace parking when
> they tear up the surface lots but will likely add
> to them significantly because vertical structured
> parking is far more efficient use of space.
>
> But great stuff, you guys are clearly very smart

Today Tysons, tomorrow the world. We'll pave it all. Shut up and let us
build our Empire with the labor of illegal aliens. Americans be damned.
We love the Muslim Brotherhood.

Posted by: great stuff ()
Date: October 07, 2012 11:59AM

Gerry Bulova Wrote:

> Today Tysons, tomorrow the world. We'll pave it
> all. Shut up and let us
> build our Empire with the labor of illegal aliens.
> Americans be damned.
> We love the Muslim Brotherhood.

Is someone angwy? Aw its ok buddy we know you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. Social services will be with your shortly. Its a sad state when retards like you arent properly medicated and supervised. Mongoloid

Date: October 07, 2012 12:24PM

great stuff Wrote:
> Gerry Bulova Wrote:
>
> > Today Tysons, tomorrow the world. We'll pave it
> > all. Shut up and let us
> > build our Empire with the labor of illegal
> aliens.
> > Americans be damned.
> > We love the Muslim Brotherhood.
>
>
> Is someone angwy? Aw its ok buddy we know you dont
> know what the fuck you are talking about. Social
> services will be with your shortly. Its a sad
> state when retards like you arent properly
> medicated and supervised. Mongoloid

I love gridlock. I can't help myself. There's nothing like the thrill of sitting
in traffic jams as a result of overdevelopment. We need more Mosques.

Posted by: OutaDaHood ()
Date: October 07, 2012 12:32PM

Dis new METRO it good. Now all us Hoochie Momma's ken takes our chilluns
without goin on da bus. I turns them chilluns loose and lets em run crazy.

Posted by: Typical BS ()
Date: October 07, 2012 02:49PM

to the daius Wrote:
> Gerry Bulova Wrote:
> -----
> > We're going to build, build, build, whether you
> > like it or not. Get used
> > to it you fucking peasants. I don't give a damn
> if
> > you have a parking spot
> > or not. My friends and relatives are going to
> get
> > rich and I'll help them
> > every inch of the way. We'll pave over
> cemeteries
> > and put high rise condo's
> > on the median strips. Just get out of our way
> and
> > shut up. Fuck all you
> > pond scum.
>
> Clearly knowledgable on the subject. Lots of
> cemeteries in Tysons are there? On the subject of
> lease vacancy Id like to point out that Tysons has
> less open lease space by percentage than any other
> major commercial area in the mid-atlantic.
>
> Again, you people keep bringing up the mall, which
> leads me to believe you dont know jack shit about
> what Tysons is. It is the 12th biggest city in
> america by GDP. It is what makes your residential
> tax rates in Fairfax low. The real estate taxes
> that come out of tysons equate to 200 million
> dollars per year, and in the next 10 years that
> will rise another 200 million dollars. The amount
> we are spending on infrastructure per year is
> minuscule (70 million per year for the next 40
> years) compared to the revenue it will generate
> for the county and state.
>
> The only thing being destroyed are shitty surface
> parking lots infront of strip malls and car
> dealerships that no one goes to. There is more
> parking in Tysons than there are people within 5
> radial miles that will remain. And all
> developments will not only replace parking when
> they tear up the surface lots but will likely add
> to them significantly because vertical structured
> parking is far more efficient use of space.
>
> But great stuff, you guys are clearly very smart

What a bunch of typical bullshit.

Please, let's see the numbers that shown that Tysons is the 12th largest "city" in America. I don't doubt that somebody somewhere has come up with some suspect, highly strained stat to show that's the case but that's the only way they're getting there. Just like every car dealer is the "largest" and every school system is the "best." Likely along the lines of counting all of the revenue of the parent companies of any company located there and other sketchy crap like that.

Your use of "within 5 radial miles" as a measure is another example. 5 radial miles would reach about to Great Falls and the river to the North, about to Rt 50 to the South, all of McLean and a big chunk of Arlington to the East, and Vienna and a good way to Reston to the West. lol

We're not all as dumb as you think we are.

Posted by: Sharoon Bullover ()
Date: October 07, 2012 03:02PM

Typical BS Wrote:
> to the daius Wrote:
> -----
> > Gerry Bulova Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > We're going to build, build, build, whether
> you
> > > like it or not. Get used
> > > to it you fucking peasants. I don't give a
> damn
> > if
> > > you have a parking spot
> > > or not. My friends and relatives are going to
> > get
> > > rich and I'll help them
> > > every inch of the way. We'll pave over
> > cemeteries
> > > and put high rise condo's
> > > on the median strips. Just get out of our way
> > and
> > > shut up. Fuck all you
> > > pond scum.
> >
> > Clearly knowledgable on the subject. Lots of
> > cemeteries in Tysons are there? On the subject
> of
> > lease vacancy Id like to point out that Tysons
> has
> > less open lease space by percentage than any
> other
> > major commercial area in the mid-atlantic.
> >
> > Again, you people keep bringing up the mall,
> which
> > leads me to believe you dont know jack shit
> about
> > what Tysons is. It is the 12th biggest city in
> > america by GDP. It is what makes your
> residential
> > tax rates in Fairfax low. The real estate taxes
> > that come out of tysons equate to 200 million
> > dollars per year, and in the next 10 years that
> > will rise another 200 million dollars. The
> amount
> > we are spending on infrastructure per year is
> > minuscule (70 million per year for the next 40
> > years) compared to the revenue it will generate
> > for the county and state.
> >
> > The only thing being destroyed are shitty
> surface
> > parking lots infront of strip malls and car
> > dealerships that no one goes to. There is more
> > parking in Tysons than there are people within
> 5
> > radial miles that will remain. And all
> > developments will not only replace parking when
> > they tear up the surface lots but will likely
> add
> > to them significantly because vertical
> structured
> > parking is far more efficient use of space.
> >
> > But great stuff, you guys are clearly very
> smart
>
>
> What a bunch of typical bullshit.
>
> Please, let's see the numbers that shown that
> Tysons is the 12th largest "city" in America. I
> don't doubt that somebody somewhere has come up
> with some suspect, highly strained stat to show
> that's the case but that's the only way they're
> getting there. Just like every car dealer is the
> "largest" and every school system is the "best."
> Likely along the lines of counting all of the
> revenue of the parent companies of any company
> located there and other sketchy crap like that.
>
> Your use of "within 5 radial miles" as a measure
> is another example. 5 radial miles would reach
> about to Great Falls and the river to the North,
> about to Rt 50 to the South, all of McLean and a
> big chunk of Arlington to the East, and Vienna and
> a good way to Reston to the West. lol
>
> We're not all as dumb as you think we are.

Sounds like Gerry/Obama "Truth Squad" is here today.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.