HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Vienna :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vienna
Posted by: Stef ()
Date: August 15, 2005 03:25PM

So what does everyone think about Vienna?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vienna
Date: August 15, 2005 03:28PM

PS- Did anyone hear about Vienna ranking #4 in CNN Money's Top 100 Best Places to Live in the U.S. ?

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: August 15, 2005 03:49PM

Boring if you like to party it up locally, but a great place to raise a family. Don't go one mile-per-hour over the speed limit, Vienna's police have a hard-ass reputation and there are traffic light cameras at every intersection. If you work up in the Mclean/Tysons Corner area you're commute is a breeze, but traffic on 123 is awful. Traffic everywhere is awful. The closer you are to Wolf Trap and Vale Rd., the nicer the homes and neighborhoods.

The place is so boring that just writing that makes me want to take a nap.

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 17, 2005 12:22PM

Vienna is a reasonable place to live, close to a lot of fun things, but as kklare said nothing terribly exciting happens inside the town of Vienna.

Date: August 23, 2005 02:46PM

Yeah, I know...I've lived here all of my life, and like you said it's a great place to raise family but not so hot if you're young. And yeah, the cops are interesting here (to say the least). One time I had a cop use his loudspeaker to tell me to pull over...I was wondering what I had done that warranted the use of a loudspeaker, and it was all beacause I had one headlight out. Then the cop spent at least 15 min. doing paperwork--with his cop lights still flashing, mind you, and I just ended up getting a warning anyway! Lol.

Now it's someone else's turn to share a story about Vienna! :)

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 24, 2005 07:24AM

I heard something about some place called midgetville there...

Date: August 24, 2005 02:35PM

Yeah, lol. It's an interesting little section of tiny houses. BUT, it's about to be torn down and a bunch of new houses are supposed to be built, so I've heard.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: August 24, 2005 09:01PM

You can search the archives for midgetville at www.norvapics.com

Posted by: nvanative ()
Date: August 29, 2005 07:40PM

Or see more about the opposition to the development at www.wedderburnneighbors.org . Among other things, the developers are planning to clear very close to the W&OD trail, leaving at most a token buffer.

Date: August 30, 2005 01:52PM

Hm, thanks for the link...I'll be sure to check it out. :)

Date: August 30, 2005 01:56PM

Has everyone heard about the biker that was killed on maple? So sad and unfortunate. Living in the town, I have seen such a rise in the amount of bikers on the streets lately...it's pretty scary because there is so much traffic here. I hope there aren't anymore accidents like this.

Posted by: Levi ()
Date: July 05, 2006 03:35PM

Actually, I know that biker's wife. They have a young child. Very tragic!

Posted by: Pete ()
Date: July 21, 2006 05:26PM

i love vienna. lived here most my life, and so have most of my closest friends at my highschool. true, not a whole lot going on. theres a few things vienna does like Viva Vienna once a year but its mostly for younger kids. good old fashioned town. a good way to avoid traffic on 123 is to know the backroads. I'll always pick something like Church St. over 123.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 21, 2006 06:58PM

Church St saved me many a night....

Posted by: loco ()
Date: July 28, 2006 10:59PM

There's too many cops hiding behind bushes waiting to bust you for speeding in vienna. I got caught once... not fun.

searching for classmate John Timothy Conaln
Posted by: John Fitzsimmons ()
Date: November 16, 2009 03:31PM

Searching for a classmate who went by Tim Conlan when I knew him in high school....He lives in Vienna, is married to Helen, is 70 years old, and I cannot find a telephone number nor address. Can anyone help me??? John Fitzsimmons...541 923 1624 3956 SW SAm Snead Ct, Redmond, Oregon 97756

Posted by: ยง ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:38PM

I'm afraid you're about 9 years too late. Here's an obit that popped up by googling "John Timothy Conlan" from a local Vegas paper in 2000. -- likely the same guy since his sons live in Va.

--------------------

John Conlan

John Timothy Conlan, 61, died Monday.
He was born Dec. 25, 1938, in California. A real estate broker, he was a six-year resident of Las Vegas.

He is survived by his sons, Matthew and Daniel, both of Virginia; sisters, Patricia Gale, Coleen Dougherty and Sheila, all of San Jose, Calif., and Rosemary Eaton of Livermore, Calif.; and brothers, Peter of Reno and Michael of Sandy Valley.

Services will be at 3 p.m. today at Shrine of the Most Holy Redeemer. Valley Memorial Cremation & Burial handled arrangements.

Re: searching for classmate John Timothy Conaln
Posted by: John Fitzsimmons ()
Date: December 02, 2009 02:16PM

Thank You to the person who responded with Tim's obituary...I used your information to contact his family and the obituary does belong to him..God Rest his Soul

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.