HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax City :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Korean Barbecue is terrible
Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: November 25, 2007 10:45PM

A few friend's and myself dined at the Korean Barbecue in Fairfax City and were treated to days of terrible sickness. On the surface the place seemed okay, but 5 people getting ill after eating there is a sign of something very wrong with the food preparation. The health department was notified by doctor. If you frequent this place, be careful, if you have eaten there and gotten sick, please report it to the health department asap. This is not some joke post or anti Korean post, this is in public interest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Korean Barbecue is terrible
Posted by: Chow Park ()
Date: December 22, 2007 10:43PM

You probably have a sensitive stomach, korean food is good, while I habe not eten at the place you speak of, you should not judge one place to another , maybe try another Korean restaurant and be sure to see if the food you eat is good and not make sick.

Posted by: pozwat ()
Date: January 19, 2008 05:59PM

Isn't there more than one Korean BBQ in Fairfax City? We went to one next to PJ Skidoos and aside from awkward moments of trying to figure out what they put in front of us, everything tasted amazing.

Posted by: A. Lai ()
Date: January 20, 2008 09:48AM

I have eaten there quite a few times and never had a problem. They even explained to us how to fix the wraps and what needs to be eaten in a certain order.

It is quite possible you did get something from there but I have gotten sick from places that are 5 stars....just a freak thing. Give them another chance...or at least a different Korean place....I am speaking of the one next to Skidoos.

Posted by: bebopspider ()
Date: May 02, 2008 09:12PM

Been there once, it was delish. No probs to report. But I'll watch out.

Posted by: NoStrangerToTheDinnerTable ()
Date: August 25, 2009 10:59AM

I love Korean food--the BBQ is amazing, but you have to know what and where to eat. It also helps that I have a Korean girlfirend... The restaurant you speak of is called Cho's Garden and it is TERRIBLE!

If you want the real Korean experience, go eat in Annandale. Almost all of the Korean restaurants on rt236 are great. I've been to most of them, but I recommend Ye Chon (on Hummer Rd/rt236 intersection- next to the 7-11). It is quick and easy. The waitresses are friendly, so just ask for advice when ordering. A large percentage of the people eating in there are non-Korean FYI.

Posted by: NastyPlace ()
Date: March 22, 2010 03:26PM

I'd be leery about this place. We frequent Skidoos quite a bit and park along the side of the building near the back of Cho's Garden. We often see someone out there grilling on a tiny weber grill. The thing is about the size of a portable bbq one would take to the beach. I often wonder if they are out there grilling rats on it.

Posted by: Brian ()
Date: July 15, 2010 03:09AM

DUDE.

The fish cakes at cho's garden are quite the treat. I often attend with my friends late at night and end up getting free food from one of the late night waitress's.

They are fond of 'Brown' Rice, which tastes like white rice but is purple.

GOTTA GET UP ON MISO AND DUMPLING SOUP. thats about it though.

everything else is so expensive.

soup is good!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.