HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax City :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Abandoned huts between Rt. 66 and Waples Mill Rd.
Posted by: JJJ ()
Date: July 17, 2020 04:05PM

In the early 2000s, there was some kind of abandoned development of huts or small, one-level buildings that were all overgrown with plants. If you took Fox Mill Rd to Waples Mill Rd. heading towards the Waples Mill Rd.
overpass crossing Rt. 66, you could see it on your right going up the hill shortly after turning onto Waples Mill Rd. from Fox Mill Rd. I think you could also see part of it just off of Rt. 66 as you crossed the overpass coming back in the other direction. There are a bunch fancy houses there now, but I think they were built fairly recently. What was there before? I think I heard it may have been a gardening nursery or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Abandoned huts between Rt. 66 and Waples Mill Rd.
Posted by: JJJJ ()
Date: July 17, 2020 04:16PM

The main part I remember is the first part I described. It's right near Waples Mill Meadow Park, and I don't think that particular section has the new houses on it.

Re: Abandoned huts between Rt. 66 and Waples Mill Rd.
Posted by: JJJJ ()
Date: July 17, 2020 04:23PM

Upon further research, it appears the first section I described is actually IN Waples Mill Rd. Park. I've never actually been in the park, but maybe the buildings were park facilities? I don't think they're there anymore.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/121176222/history#map=17/38.87341/-77.33714

I still don't know about the part next to Route 66. I think that part had graffiti on it last I saw it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.